Public Restroom Question

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

flynbenny
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Public Restroom Question

Post by flynbenny »

iratollah wrote:Safest thing is to be sure not to tap your feet, especially if you have a wide stance.
Ha! I forgot about that one! "rlol"
Glock 19 Gen4 EDC, Glock 42 (golf gun), AR15 14.5" Midlength (nightstand gun), Browning Buckmark (fun gun)

atxgun
Posts in topic: 3

Post by atxgun »

I've been liking my shoulder rig. It eliminates this problem for one. Of course you have to be wearing a jacket but hey it's winter so you likely would be this time of year anyway. Or at the very least you wouldn't look out of place even if your sole purpose for wearing a jacket was to conceal.

flynbenny

Post by flynbenny »

:iagree:
I wear a Miami Classic II everyday.
Glock 19 Gen4 EDC, Glock 42 (golf gun), AR15 14.5" Midlength (nightstand gun), Browning Buckmark (fun gun)

JackRR
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JackRR »

barres wrote:One thing I've heard suggested (I've not tried it, myself) is to place your CCW in the "hammock" of your underwear. It will be hidden from view by anyone not in the stall with you. And, you're not going to forget it there!
First, I do my business at home. But when nature calls, the underwear method works for me. if your pants slide past your knees, the guy in the next stall wont see it, nor will anyone looking thru the cracks in the door/frame. I coulnt take the chance of leaving the CCW on the TP holder.

keeping your legs stretched far enough where your pants wont fall past your knees works too. Done both.

Bottom line...Glock aint leaving my person.

Few years back, lost a cell phone on the TP holder.

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

iratollah wrote:Safest thing is to be sure not to tap your feet, especially if you have a wide stance.
"rlol"
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

brewster

Post by brewster »

Unless you have suddenly been struck by a nuclear stomach bug with no warning, then shame on you for needing to drop a #2 at Wal-Mart! (this opinion does no apply to employees who must spend all day there, unlike us CUSTOMERS)
"Everybody wang-chung tonight."

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

brewster wrote:Unless you have suddenly been struck by a nuclear stomach bug with no warning, then shame on you for needing to drop a #2 at Wal-Mart! (this opinion does no apply to employees who must spend all day there, unlike us CUSTOMERS)
So I take it that you've never needed to plan your every move away from home based on who has the cleanest restrooms, where they are, and how long to get to them?

Must be nice!!!
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Mike1951 wrote:
brewster wrote:Unless you have suddenly been struck by a nuclear stomach bug with no warning, then shame on you for needing to drop a #2 at Wal-Mart! (this opinion does no apply to employees who must spend all day there, unlike us CUSTOMERS)
So I take it that you've never needed to plan your every move away from home based on who has the cleanest restrooms, where they are, and how long to get to them?

Must be nice!!!
You have to plan your day around restroom availability? If my stomach is that upset, i just stay home.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

rm9792 wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:

Must be nice!!!
You have to plan your day around restroom availability? If my stomach is that upset, i just stay home.
That's not upset. That's every day for decades. Not being the type of thing you can normally talk about, I assumed it wasn't that abnormal.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

brewster

Post by brewster »

Mike1951 wrote:So I take it that you've never needed to plan your every move away from home based on who has the cleanest restrooms, where they are, and how long to get to them?

Must be nice!!!
I know where I need to be at 9am every day. If it's not at home, then alternative arrangements are made. Those alternative arrangements never include Wal-Mart, gas stations, or rest areas. Reugularity is a wonderful thing. :anamatedbanana

Seriously, the advice given above is good and applies to all of us eventually. I would say that I prefer the method of wrapping your peacemaker in the folds of your pants rather than setting it on the toilet paper holder. Not that it's likely that it would fall off or that you'd accidently forget it, but if you use the "wrap" method, you don't have to worry about either possibility.

Merry Christmas everyone! :cheers2:

that1otherdude

Post by that1otherdude »

Mike1951 wrote:It's never a good idea to remove the firearm from your person. There have been too many instances of firearms left behind in restrooms.

I really not sure if my method only works for me because I'm large, but when lowering my pants, I rotate them 90 deg to the left so that the gun folds down into my pants between my legs.
:iagree:
"Anyone who thinks that a gun has a personality that makes it apt for evil should admit the fact that he is not making sense, and therefore should stay out of adult discussions."
-Col. Jeff Cooper

:txflag:

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

Or you could start wearing Depends when you leave the house. Problem solved.

brewster

Post by brewster »

Good advice. Better yet, just stop eating and drinking. Simply live on meditation and range time...take the savings from buying Charmin and put it toward ammo.

quoheleth

Post by quoheleth »

jeeperbryan wrote:Or you could start wearing Depends when you leave the house. Problem solved.
Oh, no... :nono: then your problems are only beginning :eek6

Q
Texas CHL received 07/24/09 and being used daily.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Excaliber wrote:

...anyone who isn't looking over the top of the stall...
I just hate it when they peek over the top of the stall :mad5 .

Return to “New to CHL?”