Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by DoubleJ »

Thanks for the follow-up, my good man.

I dunno, I'm a big fan of the polymer stocks. prolly just me, I guess...
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

mr.72
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mr.72 »

I like the poly stocks as well. And I like poly frame handguns too.
non-conformist CHL holder

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Ok, Here's my 3.something AR15's:

The top is my first build, based on a stripped lower, a take off A2 stock, A DPMS LPK, Hogue grip, and a Model 1 Sales complete upper. Corona bottles should be very afraid on 1/4 mile shots. I need a range that supports a longer shot to see what this rifle can really do.

The middle is my first AR15 and was purchased complete. This rifle is chambered in 6.8 and has been sent back to DPMS twice because of short stroking. At this time we think the rifle is fully functional.

The bottom (complete) rifle is my second build. This build was a far more intense job as it was based on a stripped (DPMS) lower, DPMS LPK, Magpul MIAD grip, DPMS Pardus stock, Del-ton upper receiver, Del-ton Bolt carrier group, generic charging handle, a Bushmaster bolt head spaced perfectly against the Model 1 Sales E.R. Shaw barrel, a YHM lightweight Specter XL kit, and a YHM phantom compensator.

At the very bottom of the photo is another DPMS stripped lower, LPK, Magpul MIAD, Pardus Stock and a Brownell's ambi-sling adapter (Essentially this lower is an exact clone of the bottom rifle's lower). It also features a Model 1 sales "Tactical" charging handle, YHM "Diamond" series rifle length handguard, a YHM phantom 308 flash hider. Not pictured is the custom 6.8 SPC barrel and matching bolt I expect to receive any time now, the YHM gas block, hand guard end cap, bolt carrier, and other misc. parts.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

navyguy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by navyguy »

DMPS lower, M1S upper with YHM front and rear BUIS and YHM FFT. And obviously and Eotech.

and then soon to be born :woohoo

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AR Owners, beware!

THIS is what happens when you put two grown up ARs in a dark room without supervision!

left to right:
  1. New baby AR: DPMS "Low Pro" upper assembly w/ 16" bull barrel, DPMS lower and lower parts kit, UTG 4 rail forend, 6 position collapsible stock, ATN Ultra Sight Digital holo-sight.
  2. Momma AR: Rock River Arms Varmint A4, 24" Wilson Air-Gauged 24" 1:8 Stainless barrel, 2 Stage Match Trigger, Magpul PRS butt stock, Hogue Free Float Tube, Ergo Grip, Badger Ordinance Tactical extended charging handle latch, Burris XTR Tactical 3-12x50mm mil-dot scope, Burris Extreme tactical rings, Harris bi-pod.
  3. Daddy AR: Bushmaster Varminter, 24" fluted extra heavy profile ChromeMoly Vanadium steel barrel 1:9, Two Stage Competition Trigger with 3.5 lb. pull 1st stage and 1 lb. let-off, Magpul PRS butt stock, free floated aluminum forend, Badger Ordinance Tactical extended charging handle latch, Burris XTR Tactical 3-12x50mm mil-dot scope, Leupold tactical rings, Harris bi-pod.
  4. New bay AR: Galati International upper assembly w/ 16" ER Shaw barrel, DPMS lower and lower parts kit, UTG 4 rail forend, 6 position collapsible stock, ATN Ultra Sight Digital holo-sight.
The weight difference between the parents and the kids is remarkable. My son has a Savage 10FP-HS Precision in .308, which is a beast to carry around. It weighs 10 pounds without scope, rings, ammo, and bi-pod. That RRA AR weighs more than the Savage does all up. On the other hand, I'm not sure what the two baby ARs weigh, but compared to the big ones, they feel like pistols.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasComputerDude »

how do yall fix little scratches and dings in your ar paint? I've got a S&W M&P15 that I'd like to clean up a bit before I post. It came from academy with a few scratches.
Glock 30 - main ccw

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

For minor damage to the finish I use my magic touch up sharpie.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

doc540
Posts in topic: 4

Post by doc540 »

Put this together and sold it for top dollar within 24 hours. :eek6

http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

doc540 wrote:Put this together and sold it for top dollar within 24 hours. :eek6

tSKS tSKS tSKS heh
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

doc540
Posts in topic: 4

Post by doc540 »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:
doc540 wrote:Put this together and sold it for top dollar within 24 hours. :eek6

tSKS tSKS tSKS heh
Well, I found something else I wanted within 24 hours, so.... :thumbs2:
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

Morgan
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Morgan »

Saiga 7.62x39... I'm pretty happy with it, decent price. The prices were certainly up. The line to get INTO the gun show was about 3 blocks long and when we left the line was the same length...just a constant stream of people in and out.

High res versions of the below pics if you care:
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/m ... 0_1929.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/m ... 0_1930.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Morgan wrote:Saiga 7.62x39... I'm pretty happy with it, decent price. The prices were certainly up. The line to get INTO the gun show was about 3 blocks long and when we left the line was the same length...just a constant stream of people in and out.

High res versions of the below pics if you care:
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/m ... 0_1929.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/m ... 0_1930.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where did you get that stock?

I just picked up a Siaga 7.62x39 for $150 and really like that skeletonized stock!
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:I just picked up a Siaga 7.62x39 for $150 and really like that skeletonized stock!
Where?? :drool:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

pbwalker wrote:
WarHawk-AVG wrote:I just picked up a Siaga 7.62x39 for $150 and really like that skeletonized stock!
Where?? :drool:
Buddy of mine was selling it...sorry

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Skiprr »

A new Saiga! Cool.

I'm wantin' to find a Saiga 12-gauge with the normal set of custom tweaks, but I'm just not finding anything I'm comfortable with ordering. A few small shops seem to still be selling, but I've read of long-delay horror stories, where money is collected first, and a year later people are still waiting on their guns. A Tromix was what I wanted, but sometime in October they announced they were completely shutting done new orders for guns or parts until they cleared up their current backlog...expected to be sometime in 2011!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”