October Application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

SIGnage
Posts in topic: 9

Re: October Application

Post by SIGnage »

Appication Status Update.

Sept. 27th: Took CHL Class
Oct. 2nd: Mailed completed appication to DPS
Oct. 3rd: Application packet recieved by DPS
Oct. 17th: Recieved PIN by email/ Processing Application
Oct. 18th: Recieved PIN by snail mail; dated Oct. 16th. :mrgreen:
‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’
Patrick Henry

ETexPops
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ETexPops »

Took the course on Sunday and mailed the packet this PM. Have a soft comfortable chair, remote, fridge full of beverages, and absolutely NO PATIENCE. Guess to pass the time I will buy another gun so my spare time can be fully occupied until the plastic arrives.
Shoot safe and often...ETexPops

Taxman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Taxman »

I'm with ETexPops. Mailed mine today, nothing to do but sit back and wait! :waiting:
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

YellowTJ
Posts in topic: 5

Post by YellowTJ »

Send the packet in the 21st. How do I check my status? I didn't do anything online, the instructor gave me the packet so everything for me has bee a manual process.

bridge
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bridge »

Sent mine in last week Certified mail. DPS received it Friday morning. I live in Galveston county so I'm expecting lengthy wait. However, I work at Johnson Space Center and the feds did a thorough background check on me last year (It felt like they went so far back they asked for pictures of me in the womb). So, maybe that will help speed things along...but I doubt it. I'm thinking St. Patrick's day.

WEC
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WEC »

Hello, fellow Octoberites. I took the course on October 12th and sent in my completed application on October 20th. I just realized it's only been just over one week. Feels like an eternity...

Pulls up a chair.
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

nils
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nils »

WEC, I sent my app in late July...be patient, or it's going to drive you crazy....call your state rep on day 55, 65, and 75...this helped speed up the process for me...good luck on the wait....
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

WEC

Post by WEC »

Nils, what's worse is that I sent in a Form 1 to make an SBR to the ATF at just about the same time. Talk about counting the minutes. :grumble
"We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."

SIGnage
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SIGnage »

YellowTJ wrote:Send the packet in the 21st. How do I check my status? I didn't do anything online, the instructor gave me the packet so everything for me has been a manual process.
First you will need to request a PIN. You probably should wait about two weeks before making the request. They cannot assign a PIN until you are entered into the system.

"In order to login you are required to have a Personal Identification Number (PIN). All PIN’s are assigned by the Texas Department of Public Safety. If you have forgotten, misplaced or never received your PIN, please contact TxDPS via email (chl@txdps.state.tx.us) and include the following information: Texas concealed handgun license number, driver license number, full name and date of birth. Your PIN will be returned in a timely fashion to the same email address submitting the request and in the order your request was received."

In my case they had snail mailed me my PIN one day before I requested one by email. Once you have you PIN go here to check your status. https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NAS ... AppManager click the continue button, then click the Track status of your application link.
‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’
Patrick Henry

Rollin2008
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Rollin2008 »

I sent mine on the 7th and havent recived a pin!! has anyone sent theres after and recieved a pin??? :mad5 :bigmouth

badlnb
Posts in topic: 12

Post by badlnb »

Add me in to the list of October applicants.

I took the CHL Class from 'El Gato' on July 5 2008
I Mailed My application October 21 2008
My Application received by TDPS October 24 2008

I learned quite a bit from 'El Gatos' CHL class and enjoyed the day.
Due to financial reasons, I had to wait to mail in my application.
I double and triple checked to make sure all of my information was included and made a copy of everything but still I find myself worrying that I forgot to include something. I know I didn't because I can look at the copy of my application and see that everything is there. still....
10/24/08 Application Received
11/14/08 Processing Application
1/21/09 (90 days) Called TDPS "Waiting on Harris county B/G Check. Emailed my State Reps.
1/25/09 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
1/29/09 PLASTIC IN HAND
Total time = 98 days.

Rollin2008
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Rollin2008 »

:thewave Image

Hos
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Oct. 2008 Applications

Post by Hos »

SIGnage wrote:Enjoy the time you have now, don't wish it away for tomorrow, it will get here soon enough. Having the wants for something can be just as exciting as getting it.
Great advice! I know I've gone through some adversities in my life which has taught me patience although I could of chosen to learn nothing from those long journeys.

Took CHL Class: Oct. 19th
Took local PD time to pull up copy of a 2003 arrest to add to my DPS file (I was not charged and released same day)
Used cashier's check instead of a personal check
Mailed Completed Application to DPS: Oct. 27nd
Application packet signed for by DPS: Oct. 28th

Going to not think about about it and focus on learning the various laws and such. Planning on going to my dad's farm down by Waco to practice more tactical moves instead of what the range offers. :fire
God, Goats, and Guns

ETexPops
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ETexPops »

Class on 10/19
Mailed 10/20
Recieved by DPS 10/24
Check cleared 11/04
Waiting on PIN
Shoot safe and often...ETexPops

WEC

Post by WEC »

Just went to "Processing Application" and on my birthday, to boot! :cheers2:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”