How long for DPS to process your CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How long did it take for DPS to process your new or renewal CHL?

New - 60 days or less
48%
New - 61 to 70 days
15%
New - 71 to 80 days
15%
Renewal - 45 days or less
5%
Renewal - 46 to 60 days
5%
Renewal - 61 to 70 days
3%
Additional Processing Time - Timely issued
4%
Additional Processing Time - Not timely issued
6%

Total votes: 340

GrannyGlock
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GrannyGlock »

Actually it sounds like they are close to 25-35 calendar days behind on entering into the system. I got my PIN by email after request at day 48, but DH and I are both waiting for anything by snail mail. At 60 days, we will both call and see what happens.

Diode
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Diode »

GrannyGlock wrote: At 60 days, we will both call and see what happens.
Pretty much my plan as well.

skerbo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by skerbo »

I called the 800 number and after a while of being on hold I talked to a lady that worked there. She said my application was received on Feb 27, I have a return receipt that begs to differ (Feb 23), and that a should wait till next week as "it's almost done." I don't know what that means but she wasn't as polite as most people here have said. I hate to be a naysayer, but I didn't even get my first sentance out before she cut me off with "What's your social?" I remained polite and gave her some slack though, because I know that answering phones for something like that is a pretty harsh job.

my $0.02

RedRaider
Posts in topic: 18

Post by RedRaider »

skerbo wrote:I called the 800 number and after a while of being on hold I talked to a lady that worked there. She said my application was received on Feb 27, I have a return receipt that begs to differ (Feb 23), and that a should wait till next week as "it's almost done." I don't know what that means but she wasn't as polite as most people here have said. I hate to be a naysayer, but I didn't even get my first sentance out before she cut me off with "What's your social?" I remained polite and gave her some slack though, because I know that answering phones for something like that is a pretty harsh job.

my $0.02
That sucks. I guess it's just luck of the draw who you get both on the phone and who's handling your app.

Nothing came in the mail for me yet. :sad: Hopefully Monday.

AirAssault
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AirAssault »

mailed mine off on 27 FEB 06 and received my license in the mail on 26 APR 06.
:cool:

GrannyGlock
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GrannyGlock »

You're giving us hope :grin:

Congratulations!

RedRaider

Post by RedRaider »

Just received that pretty little card in the mail today. :cool:

Feb 23rd - application rec'd
Mar 23rd - website updated to "processing application"
April 28th - website updated to "license issued"
May 1st - license received

68 days door to door.

Flatland2D
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Flatland2D »

Congratulations RedRaider. Mine also took 68 days. Hope your first day of carry goes well!

RedRaider

Post by RedRaider »

Thanks Flatland. Went to Kroger's grocery shopping, figured that would be a start to getting used to it. Wally world's next.

Diode

Post by Diode »

RedRaider wrote:Just received that pretty little card in the mail today. :cool:

68 days door to door.
Congrats Redraider, sadly that means I still have 3 long weeks left
<heavy sigh>

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Skipper5 »

RedRaider wrote:Just received that pretty little card in the mail today. :cool:

68 days door to door.
Ha...congrats RedRaider...guess should receive mine around the 20th or so this month....

barres
Posts in topic: 27

Post by barres »

AARRGGHH!!!!!!

I sent my TR-100 back to the DPS on Thursday, April 27 (Ihad originally forgotten to sign the dang thing). Sent it Certified Mail with Return Receipt requested. The nice postal worker informed me that the letter should arrive in Austin on Saturday, April 29. I figure the DPS won't receive anything on Saturday, so it should get there on Monday.

I know it is only Tuesday, but USPS track and confirm shows nothing, other than the letter was accepted by the local Post Office last Thursday. It's frustrating when the application process is delayed by my own stupidity, but now it's being delayed by something completely out of my control. I don't like feeling helpless (which is one of the reasons I applied for my CHL to begin with), and I hate waiting.

Okay, thank you for letting me gripe. Back to whatever you were doing before...

Diode

Post by Diode »

Even tho it is rude to laugh at your expense... I do feel much better knowing I am not the only one who God skipped over when passing out patience. <evil grin>

Hang tight Bro. this too will pass. :)
barres wrote:AARRGGHH!!!!!!

I sent my TR-100 back to the DPS on Thursday, April 27 (Ihad originally forgotten to sign the dang thing). Sent it Certified Mail with Return Receipt requested. The nice postal worker informed me that the letter should arrive in Austin on Saturday, April 29. I figure the DPS won't receive anything on Saturday, so it should get there on Monday.

I know it is only Tuesday, but USPS track and confirm shows nothing, other than the letter was accepted by the local Post Office last Thursday. It's frustrating when the application process is delayed by my own stupidity, but now it's being delayed by something completely out of my control. I don't like feeling helpless (which is one of the reasons I applied for my CHL to begin with), and I hate waiting.

Okay, thank you for letting me gripe. Back to whatever you were doing before...

xHypex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by xHypex »

Flatland2D wrote:Congratulations RedRaider. Mine also took 68 days. Hope your first day of carry goes well!
I am around the mid 60 day range right now and when I called today they said my application was still processing. I asked if there was anything that was still holding it up and the lady made it sound like it would be processed within the next few days.

The nugget of information most useful from the conversation was that she stated that mailings go out on Thursdays. I'm really hoping to receive my package in the mail next week!
-hype

Daltex1
Posts in topic: 1

about 70 for me

Post by Daltex1 »

recieved that beautiful piece of plastic today!!!! One email and the guy at DPS had it on its way, all in all 70 days door to door.YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”