July '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jee
Posts in topic: 30

Re: July '08 Applications

Post by jee »

:thewave :anamatedbanana :woohoo :txflag:

Plastic In hand after a 96 day wait.

E-mail the governor and your district rep. It seems to help.

Good luck to everyone.
6/12/2008 online app completed
class taken 6/28/008
Mailed app. 6/29/2008
received pin next week
8/8/2008 emailed dps
8/8/2008 status changed to processing app.
10/7 waiting on UPS
10/8 9:45 AM UPS with PLASTIC in hand

HankB
Posts in topic: 8

Post by HankB »

Well, today is Day 75 for my renewal . . . this AM I checked status, and just got "processing application."

So I figured I'd email Rick Perry's office later on - couldn't hurt.

At lunchtime, I looked up the gov's website . . . but before I sent the email, I figured, what the heck, check status again.

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active :clapping:

Now we'll see how long it takes for the plastic to arrive!
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

lhdz12
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lhdz12 »

I honestly think that the only way you are going to get your CHL is to call or email your local state representative and the Governor's Office, which I just did....I have called only after the 90 day period since they recieved it and the only excuse that I have been given is that my application is still being processed, and that online it states that the process can take 90-160 days....other members have applied after I have and have recieved theirs first....I do not understand what the pecking order is at DPS/CHL office on how they process the CHL applications, certainly it is not First-In-First-Out basis, or if their is any organized sanity on how they process the applications, at this point I can only envision stacks on applications on their desks, and they with their feet proped up, I asked to talk to the person that is handling my application but they refused.....it certainly is frustrating
06/28/08 - Class taken
07/07/08 - Packet Mailed
10/7/08 - Date to call DPS for status (90 days)
10/8/08 - Called DPS CHL-They gave me lame excuse
10/8/08 - Called my Local State Rep
10/15/08 - CHL arrived and in Hand ( My local State Rep is a real Pit Bull)

ProjectPaul
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ProjectPaul »

lhdz12 wrote:I honestly think that the only way you are going to get your CHL is to call or email your local state representative and the Governor's Office, which I just did...
My wife's status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" this morning. She mailed her packet on August 1st, which was 69 days ago.

texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

lhdz12 wrote:I honestly think that the only way you are going to get your CHL is to call or email your local state representative and the Governor's Office.
Not necessarily true because I did both and never recieved a reply of any sort from either office.
Peace Officer

poppo
Posts in topic: 11

Post by poppo »

poppo wrote:Woo hoo!! Application Completed - license issued or certificate active :anamatedbanana

76 days since DPS received package.

Now the next wait checking the mailbox every day.
Plastic arrived today (took 3 days). So total time 79 days.

Also FWIW, I did send a gripe e-mail to the governor's office on day 61 and got a reply from them that they would look into it. I never heard anything else from that, so I don't know if it helped or not.

Good luck to the rest of you and I hope you don't have to wait too much longer. :txflag:
USMC Retired - DAV Life Member - VFW Life Member - NRA Life Member

waterpump1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by waterpump1 »

well after email to governors office. I got a call today from Jan caffey telling me my license was being overnighted and should be here tomorrow. Anxiously waiting. :txflag:
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

lhdz12

Post by lhdz12 »

I guess my first comment was correct...unless you call your local district representative and governors office your paperwork is just going to sit on someone's desk...I just got a call from an aide to my state representative and she was told by the DPS CHL office that my application packet had somehow been misplaced on someone's desk, that they found it and will be mailing my CHL license today, after that my wife called me that the DPS CHL office had called to say the same thing, my license is being mailed to me today....SO if I were the rest of you, start calling and emailng so they can get off their duffs...It took a total of one day, I called yesterday....and I only got a canned email response from the Governor's office...

Don't expect to recieve it until Wenesday or Thursday of next week, since Monday is a holiday....
06/28/08 - Class taken
07/07/08 - Packet Mailed

waterpump1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by waterpump1 »

woo hoo :woohoo UPS delivered mine this morning. Hopefully wally walk this weekend. got to work out problems with my wife's truck first water pump went out in shreevport last night. Hopefully she did not get it hot enough to crack head :nono:
:txflag:
IANAL
NRA-member
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5/28/2008 completed chl app on
10/10/08 (plastic in hand) 84 days
"Especially for you Mr. Gore....From my cold dead hands!" Charleton Heston

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 2

Re: July '08 Applications UPDATE

Post by Rokyudai »

Re: My wife's CHL

7/4- Mailed out Application
7/29- In DPS's System
10/10/08- Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
10/11/08- PLASTIC IN HER HANDS! ONE OF THE NEW IDs.

:clapping:
:thewave
:txflag:

99 days (mailed out 7/4/08 and arrived 10/11/08)
NRA Benefactor Member

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 13

Post by kalipsocs »

i am going to be the guy in here soon enough. :banghead:

heavymetalman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by heavymetalman »

Just curious, those of you that contacted the Governor's office, what did you say exactly?

Class Taken: July 3
DPS Received Packet: July 16
Current Status: Processing Application
07-03-08: Class Taken
07-07-08: PIN Received
07-21-08: Application Received by DPS
08- ??-08: Application Processing
10-24-08: Contacted Governors office
10-24-08: Crossing Fingers
10-27-08: Governor's Office Reply
10-31-08: Status: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

lhdz12

Post by lhdz12 »

heavymetalman wrote:Just curious, those of you that contacted the Governor's office, what did you say exactly?

Class Taken: July 3
DPS Received Packet: July 16
Current Status: Processing Application
Basically sent all of my CHL info (app number, Texas license number and other info), and in the email Governor's Office (Online) and explained to them that it had been over 90 days since I applyed and I was getting the run around, I had called the DPS CHL offce about four times and every time they would only tell me that the application was processing...same _______ you get online with your PIN, I asked to speak to the person that was processing my application and was told that she could not do that because they were busy processing applications....after hanging up, the first thing I did was I called my state representative, and gave them my info, an aid called me back the following day and told me that when they called the DPS CHL, and that they could not find my application packet, they later called my state rep and was told that my application was mistakinly misplaced on a desk and that it would be mailed to me on Friday. Then I emailed I the online Governor's Office on Thursday last week, I got a canned response that my inquiry was being acted upon, I got a second response from the Governor's Office that "I am asking Major Stan Clark, Interim Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, for his staff’s assistance in reviewing and responding both to you and this office on the information shared. Please let us know whenever we may be of service in the future."
There is no telling how long my packet would have sit on that desk....I am still pretty irritated at DPS, I'll just leave at that right now....... I would start with your State Rep....Hope this helps you
Attachments
WhooHoo.jpg
Response from Governors Office.pdf
(22.46 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
06/28/08 - Class taken
07/07/08 - Packet Mailed

Topic author
ambitman
Posts in topic: 27

Where am I in he process

Post by ambitman »

I decided to call Austin today to see where what is happening with my application. I spoke with Mary and she said that everything was normal and the were waiting on my background check.

You know I don't understand businesses that don't want CHL holders in their stores. I want all my customers o have CHL's. They pay their taxes, don't write hot checks, pay their bills on time, don't commit crimes. What great people CHL holders are.
July 18 DPS Received
October 22 DPS website status change Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

HankB

Leaving the waiting room!

Post by HankB »

Got my plastic today, with one week to spare before my current CHL expires. :woohoo

81 days.

Original license took 56 days, first renewal, 34.

Not the new format - license looks just like the old one, except my face is red. Almost as red as the banner on the TX flag at the top of this forum. :grumble

Oh, well, at least they got all the other stuff right.

Good luck to the rest of you . . .
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”