Waiting for PIN

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LCP_Dogg
Posts in topic: 2

Waiting for PIN

Post by LCP_Dogg »

I never really received any info from DPS about the "wait" process but from reading some of the threads here, it seems you can check online to see what the status is on the application.

I found the link on DPS and it asked me for a PIN. I didn't get one yet (they only received my app a week ago) and so I filled out the form to request one. That was 3 business days ago.

Never heard back from DPS or for the PIN request acknowledgement....

:banghead:

texasccw

Re: Waiting for PIN

Post by texasccw »

Try requesting it again. You can also call them and see if they have started processing it yet, If they have you can request to be transferred to the person working on your file. Don't be scared to call them at least once a week to find out if everything is good to go. Remember you are paying their salary!
WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM

Topic author
LCP_Dogg

Post by LCP_Dogg »

Woah...

It is like this forum provoked a response because I just got this this morning:
Your application has not been entered into the system. It is likely
going though the processes required before entry. When a completed
application is entered you will be sent a confirmation letter with your
PIN.

Christopher Pierce
Texas Department of Public Safety
Ugh, so I guess really what this means is my app is in a DPS INBOX somewhere waiting to be opened/processed.
*sigh*

This actually isn't surprising. I had a rental car up in Dallas one time and I accidentally was in the wrong lanes (had never been driving on the tollway before) and went passed the toll plaza in the chip lanes and didn't have a chip. So I called DPS and they told me it will likely be a year before I'm assessed, and that I could not come in and pay the $0.25 or whatever it was in person. *sheesh*

Now the question is do I request a new PIN in a few days or do I keep waiting? Maybe call? I don't want to be bothersome... Don't need to give them a reason to slow down my application process as it is already so lengthy. :rolll

texasccw

Post by texasccw »

I started calling as soon as I hit the 60 day mark or so. Once you reach that threshold you are well within youre rights to know what is going on with your application. It took about another 30 days for me to get approval. I should be receiving my license within a few days or so.
WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”