Hi. My name is Brian and I have a problem...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Furyataurus
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hi. My name is Brian and I have a problem...

Post by Furyataurus »

Watch out for HK's, FN's, and Sig's!!!!!

saj111
Posts in topic: 2

Post by saj111 »

pbwalker wrote:
saj111 wrote:not married, huh?
Oh, I am...but she just chuckles now as it has become as common as bringing home some groceries. "rlol"
where did you find this woman? most of us will be thinking you are making this up

1 "rlol"
"we've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over!"

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

saj111 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
Oh, I am...but she just chuckles now as it has become as common as bringing home some groceries. "rlol"
where did you find this woman? most of us will be thinking you are making this up
My wife and I take turns buying guns. She just picked up a 12-gauge, so now it's my turn.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Just tell your wife they are investments. So you are NOT SPENDING money on guns, but INVESTING in guns. My wife doesn't buy it but I keep pitching it.

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by pbwalker »

saj111 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:

The funny thing is we met at a Blue Oyster Cult concert in Anaheim California when I was living in Minnesota and she was living here in Texas. Long story short, I am one heck of a lucky guy!
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

txflyer

Post by txflyer »

saj111 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:

1 "rlol"
Over the years I have managed quite a few "toys". Most of them bought with no more than a phone call home: "Honey can I have..."

I count myself a lucky man to have a wife who allows me to indulge my desires (as long it's not other women - I can look but not touch - same applies to her :evil2:).

Not to digress: but soapbox on: I think those sort of women are all too rare these days and if more spouses would allow "boys" to collect their toys there would be a lot less tension in marriages. That is not meant to be sexist or demeaning or anything like that. It's a difference my wife (of 25 years) and I see in the sexes. So that makes us happy. Soapbox off.

txflyer

Post by txflyer »

Only problem I see is not enough guns. Keep collecting and definitely get a good 1911. You won't be sorry.

bryang

Post by bryang »

That is the kind of problems I like! However, you really should look into a 1911. :mrgreen:

-Geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I told my wife we needed more pistols and she said,you have 3 .38s 3 .22s 3 9mm 3 .45s 3 .44mags &1 s&w .500 .what do you call that ? I said ,a good start . she laughed and said nomore than 4 a year!

What a wife ,God has blessed me. :woohoo
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

You should have pointed out the obvious shortage of S&W 500's. 3 of each other kind and only one poor S&W. You need to buy it two more immediately to keep it from developing an inferiority complex or something. It could affect your shooting and make you miss. You can't allow that to happen, so you need to rush out now. Then you can start the limited purchasing.

And incidentally, 4 a year is not that good. Even the gun grabbers support buying one per month.
Steve Rothstein

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Ok, so she said only 4 pistols a year. That means you have 4 LONG guns to buy before 23:59:59 12/31. :evil2:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

slowpoke wrote:I told my wife we needed more pistols and she said,you have 3 .38s 3 .22s 3 9mm 3 .45s 3 .44mags &1 s&w .500 .what do you call that ? I said ,a good start . she laughed and said nomore than 4 a year!

What a wife ,God has blessed me. :woohoo
I have one of these jewels too, and couldn't be happier. Neither could she.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

You have to add some SKS's!! :patriot:
pbwalker wrote:albeit a good one. I can't stop buying guns. I no longer buy computer toys or technical gadgets. No more GPS this or Bluetooth that...no, it's magazine this and scope that.

In a period of 5 months, I've gone from nothing to having the following:

Springfield XD .45
Glock 23
KelTec P3AT
Rossi (Taurus) .38 spl
Bersa Thunder .380
Bushmaster AR-15
Remington 770
SKB Ithaca 500 12. gauge

and my newest toy this evening. Mosin Nagant M44 (1947) 7.62x54R rifle in EXCELLENT condition. Yeah, I know it's a cheapie rifle, but the muzzle blast pics on another thread here sold me. And besides, it was only $100 with 5 boxes of ammo...

But I need to stop...It's an addiction. But now I find myself shopping SKS's. I can't stop!! "rlol"
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Ok you could do what I do, sneak it in. My wife has no idea if I have 10 guns, or 200. But I do prefer your way better!
txflyer wrote: Not to digress: but soapbox on: I think those sort of women are all too rare these days and if more spouses would allow "boys" to collect their toys there would be a lot less tension in marriages. That is not meant to be sexist or demeaning or anything like that. It's a difference my wife (of 25 years) and I see in the sexes. So that makes us happy. Soapbox off.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I can live with 4 a year , considering how much i like kimbers ,H&K andS&Ws.I would need a second job for more than that.
Besides a new house takes priority. :txflag:
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”