Which one would be quicker?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crochetetc
Posts in topic: 1

Which one would be quicker?

Post by crochetetc »

I am trying to decide if I should send in for the Fl or Utah license or just send in my texas chl and be patient. I would like to be able to conceal carry when we go out of town in early Feb. I honestly do not think that I would get my texas one back in time.

I have already completed the class and passed, just wondering what to send off for on Monday.

WildBill

Re: Which one would be quicker?

Post by WildBill »

You have to take the Utah class to get their CWP. If you send it off right away you will get your Texas CHL by February.
NRA Endowment Member

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

If you have already completed everything for TX what is the question? Just send in the packet.

Mid January is 120 days out, you should have something by then.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

My son took the Utah class on July 5th. He sent in his packet a week later. He hasn't received his permit from them yet. Maybe they lost it or something. He is going to check with them next week. I had heard that the Utah takes 60 days...maybe it is getting longer. A guy who took the class at the same time as him already received his permit. So who knows...it may all be luck of the draw.

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Follow through with your Texas CHL and send off for a Pennsylvania license in the meantime. One of the forum members recieved his in 10 days.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

wtchdr4011

Post by wtchdr4011 »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:Follow through with your Texas CHL and send off for a Pennsylvania license in the meantime. One of the forum members recieved his in 10 days.
I recieved my Pennsylvania license in 7 days mailbox to mailbox. I wish Texas would take a lesson from this. Up to ninety days for a renewal is not right.

KFP

Post by KFP »

Edit
Last edited by KFP on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life Member NRA & TSRA

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Utah screws up once in awhile too. My son mailed his Utah packet on July 8th. They claim it arrived on August the 14th. Either it arrived and set in the in box for 4 weeks, or the packet took a vacation in Hawaii on it's way to Utah. No sympathy on their end, they said it will be October 14th.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”