Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

RugerP345
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by RugerP345 »

NathanJK welcome aboard our fine forum, sorry your stay was brief.

Take it easy on the newbie guys and gals. As he has stated he’s an only child and it is apparent that he has not experienced the love of a large family as many of us are a part of. In that respect I feel for the guy.

In typical internet tough guy fashion, he’s decided to share some of his ill informed views of the world with the fine member of this forum. There more information for you out there than Rense, Infowars and Prison Planet, Nathan!

I too for a split second felt insulted toward his views on big families as I am the oldest of four and the father of four. But that was just for a split second.

At the very least we can all sleep soundly knowing that he is the last of his kind.

Seems ol Nathan took a page from the online gaming community and mistakenly thought that he could apply that here on our fine forum.

PWND!
:smilelol5:
Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny. ~ Emiliano Zapata in a Letter to Pancho Villa

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flintknapper »

RugerP345 wrote:NathanJK welcome aboard our fine forum, sorry your stay was brief.

Take it easy on the newbie guys and gals. As he has stated he’s an only child and it is apparent that he has not experienced the love of a large family as many of us are a part of. In that respect I feel for the guy.

In typical internet tough guy fashion, he’s decided to share some of his ill informed views of the world with the fine member of this forum. There more information for you out there than Rense, Infowars and Prison Planet, Nathan!

I too for a split second felt insulted toward his views on big families as I am the oldest of four and the father of four. But that was just for a split second.

At the very least we can all sleep soundly knowing that he is the last of his kind.

Seems ol Nathan took a page from the online gaming community and mistakenly thought that he could apply that here on our fine forum.

PWND!
:smilelol5:

Well......

My daughter is an "only child" too, and I promise you... she would never have made those kind of statements.

If Nathan is a big enough boy to post his thoughts...then he should be big enough to deal with the responses. ;-)

I suggest we let the "chips fall where they may".
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

kitty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kitty »

NathanJK wrote: Now I DO tend to think I'm better than most other people, so I may be a little full of myself, but I'm not terribly hypocritical which I would have to be to count as sanctimonious. I'll leave the parentage part alone, my parents would probably be upset if they new that I was inciting conflict and trouble...they tried very hard to raise me right you know ;-)

It seems that if we judge you by your own standards, than your parents failed miserably at raising you; they neglected to teach you manners, respect for others, and basic common sense.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

KBCraig wrote:
NathanJK wrote:Watching people my age have unplanned pregnancies has helped to shape my opinion of people and families involved with them. I generally consider it a failing in some form or fashion and in some degree of everyone involved. With the myriad forms of birth control available these days and a small dose of self control, it should be possible for virtually anyone with half a brain to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. At the very least I think that Sarah Palin and her husband should have done a much better job of educating their daughter on how NOT to get pregnant.
This shows a complete lack of education about birth control on your part.

My wife has borne three children, all of them conceived while using birth control pills. The one child we have together was unplanned (we each had two, and didn't plan to have another), but he was hardly a mistake -- and he was born 9 months and 1 day after the wedding.

There is only one sure method of birth control, and ironically it's the one advocated by Gov. Palin and pooh-poohed by the Left. But when practiced, it is 100% effective.
My daughter managed to, serially, defeat five different forms of birth control out of six pregnancies.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

When God sets out to create life, man's weak attempts at control will always fail.

That is why the ultimate birth control is so horrible.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NathanJK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NathanJK »

As far as I can tell, I'm still here! I don't even have any PM's funny enough. Reading through the responses as well as what Charles said, I kept thinking "how was I able to log in?" That's beside the point though. I'm going to take statements in no particular order and address them in a probably less than complete fashion since there is so much and I only feel like wasting so much of my time. Obviously some of you have had far different experiences than I have, but I have rarely seen large families that were successful. I have however seen time and time again parents have children in an attempt to save a marriage that was on the rocks. I've seen people who obviously have something that was missing from there life try to fill that void with children. I've seen people to whom children were little more than possessions to be accumulated. I've seen people who looked at children as insurance plans ie: "when I get old, they'd better take care of me!" and who actually followed through on that attitude by constantly trying to get money or assistance from there children. In short, my personal experiences have been far different than your own, and perhaps that is unfortunate.

As for birth control, I HAVE seen people have birth control fail of course, but they do say that you should use more than one form. I can guarantee you that if my wife ever ends up pregnant, I will be having a vasectomy the very next day (although I have been considering one for some time already) and we will be waiting until I am CERTAIN I'm shooting blanks, even then we would probably still use something! I would also urge her to consider adoption with me, as there are others out there who actually want children and who should have that ability. I was adopted and I know that I have brought my parents a great deal of happiness (I don't see how, but they say its true!) My grandfather used to have a saying..."Everything in moderation" and I believe he was very much onto something. I think that attitude should be applied universally, whether it be to the money you spend, alcohol you drink, food you eat, or children you produce.

I find it interesting that everyone seems so offended by what I said. I'm a person you don't know at all, and who you know positively nothing about. The only thing you know about me is probably fewer than 1000 words that I've typed on this forum total, which is hardly enough to really know anything at all. Oddly enough we would probably ALL get along much better in real life where we could have a much more rational and reasoned discussion that included all the nuances, inflection, and greater understanding that a face to face conversation can provide. That said, as it stands...I'm just some random guy on the internet who you don't like. Why be offended by me? Just blow me off and move on, its what I'm doing about what you guys are saying! Personally you can say whatever you want about me and I won't be particularly offended because I will just right it off as "he doesn't really know me."

Ruger...funny enough, I've never been on a single internet gaming forum that I can remember (although I had a brief stay on a Sim City forum one time, when that game caught my attention for about a week.) I can generally be found on one of numerous photography or fly fishing forums where there are VERY few internet tough guys! I haven't owned a gaming console since the original Nintendo (go duck hunt!) and I generally find the people on those forums to be bothersome. Don't worry though, I'm not just an internet tough guy...I would have said the same thing in real life, we probably just would have been able to have a more intelligent conversation there where I wouldn't have come off as quite such a jerk and you guys would have understood my position better.

To the people who seem to think that I HATE Palin for her daughters failings...remember when I said this "Watching people my age have unplanned pregnancies has helped to shape my opinion of people and families involved with them. I generally consider it a failing in some form or fashion and in some degree of everyone involved." I want to stress the degree part...while I think everyone failed on some level, it was most certainly chiefly the daughters fault and the vast majority of the blame lies with her. However, I hold those who aspire to public office to a higher standard than others and if Palin can give a wonderful and energizing speech to all of America, then perhaps she could have given a thought provoking speech to her daughter that would have made a difference. I'm sure she tried but again, its the whole higher standard thing. Tonight my wife ate dinner with some friends and they watched more of the convention (I was unable to do anything more than catch bits and pieces while at work). She came back and told me what they discussed and her friends had interesting points that I had not considered. One of her friends thinks that Palin is being hypocritical by being so family values oriented while potentially taking on a job that will keep her from spending time with her youngest son who will have more needs than most. My wife pointed out that by having a child at an age where a higher risk was involved she may have unwittingly caused her child Trig's autism. Maybe, maybe not, studies I just googled show a 30% higher risk over the age of 40...but it's not terribly responsible of her or her husband. With a potential President, we need them to be as responsible as possible! I really don't hate Palin, in fact from what I know I like her better than that crackpot Obama, his bizarre and scary wife, or even McCain. I just don't have the initial excitement still with me in the first few minutes that I was learning about her. It was like hearing that a movie was AMAZING and only finding out that it was decent!

To those who still tried to be nice to me despite disagreeing, thanks! I do appreciate it, but don't worry...I can take my lumps and keep on rolling. Nobody has said anything that will make me loose any sleep at night ;) I'm on this forum because I want to find out more specific information about concealed carry in Texas and the laws, rules, and regulations of it. I'm not here to be popular and I don't particularly care if people like me, I have my opinions and I'll be sticking with them! They've been brought about by things I've seen throughout my life and my own personal experiences are the best guiding force for me. I am sorry I've led this thread so off track, I really had no idea the backlash I would incite with my initial post...in my world I was just throwing out how I felt, no big deal. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering I'm 24 and married. I know there's nothing wrong with starting young because it's what my wife and I did, although we got married because we love each other profoundly and not because she'd gotten pregnant. My wife and I won't even consider children until we are at least 30 and only then if it is financially feasible. Which basically means when we are rich because kids are extremely expensive...if I don't own a home, am completely debt free, and generating SUBSTANTIALLY more income than my expenses...I wont consider myself to be in a proper financial position to take on that level of fiscal responsibility. Not even to mention the HUGE risk of screwing up a child through shoddy parenting that I would definitely be concerned about! My mother has been on us a lot recently about having children and I've had a really hard time convincing her that we are just not interested and probably never will be. She's a "a baby is a joy that you can't understand until you experience it" kinda lady. I'm a "I love my dog and she's more than enough" kind of guy!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flintknapper »

edit......

:roll:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

NathanJK wrote: I'm on this forum because I want to find out more specific information about concealed carry in Texas and the laws, rules, and regulations of it. I'm not here to be popular and I don't particularly care if people like me, I have my opinions and I'll be sticking with them!

Sir you have certainly accomplished your popularity goal. If you are here to get specific info you might consider staying in those forums.

This one is so far off topic from original & has been for several pages.
Locked & if another Palin thread is started it needs to stay on topic. We will not let the next one wander as this one has.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Federal - 2008”