Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by Purplehood »

I glanced at the TV at work yesterday and saw a photo of Sarah Palin sitting on a couch with Mrs Bush and Mrs McCain. It immediately occurred to me that this photo was trivializing the importance of the candidacy which Sarah Palin represents. I don't recall any pics of VP Cheney sitting with first ladies for a photo-op.
Just because she is a woman, Sarah Palin shouldn't have posed for a photo-op with the other first ladies. She isn't going to be a first or second lady. She is quite possibly going to be the next VP of the US with the chance of eventually becoming the POTUS.
In any event, I thought it was demeaning to her.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

NathanJK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NathanJK »

When they announced that the VP pick was Sarah Palin I at first thought "maybe I could get excited about this one". I'm incredibly un-excited about McCain, so this seemed like a move in the right direction. However, as I found out more about her my excitement waned. One of my biggest sources of frustration is the out of control breeding that is taking place. Nobody NEEDS 5 kids, I can see having 1 or 2, but beyond that your just adding more people to the world who really do NOT need to be here. The last thing I want is yet another person clogging up traffic, wasting natural resources etc. On top of that, she gave her children ridiculous names. We better not let her name anything as VP...we could end up with a Discus Library, or the State of Javelin. The worst thing though is this pregnant daughter. I don't care if teenagers have sex really, its going to happen and no amount of "parenting" can really stop it. However, she couldn't teach her to be responsible about it? That's where I draw the line. Get the kid on birth control and tell them to use some darn protection!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

NathanJK wrote:When they announced that the VP pick was Sarah Palin I at first thought "maybe I could get excited about this one". I'm incredibly un-excited about McCain, so this seemed like a move in the right direction. However, as I found out more about her my excitement waned. One of my biggest sources of frustration is the out of control breeding that is taking place. Nobody NEEDS 5 kids, I can see having 1 or 2, but beyond that your just adding more people to the world who really do NOT need to be here. The last thing I want is yet another person clogging up traffic, wasting natural resources etc. On top of that, she gave her children ridiculous names. We better not let her name anything as VP...we could end up with a Discus Library, or the State of Javelin. The worst thing though is this pregnant daughter. I don't care if teenagers have sex really, its going to happen and no amount of "parenting" can really stop it. However, she couldn't teach her to be responsible about it? That's where I draw the line. Get the kid on birth control and tell them to use some darn protection!
One of my biggest sources of frustration is the out of control gun ownership that is taking place. Nobody NEEDS 5 guns, I can see having 1 or 2, but beyond that your just adding more guns to the world and those guns really do NOT need to be here. The last thing I want is yet another gun killing someone, wasting natural resources etc. On top of that, guns are evil black. The worst thing though is children with guns. I don't care if teenagers have guns really, its going to happen and no amount of "parenting" can really stop it. However, she couldn't teach her to be responsible about it? That's where I draw the line. Get the kid on gun control and tell them to use some darn protection!

It is all about control, isn't it?

Rights just don't mean anything anymore do they?

Save the planet.

If all 6.692 billion people on earth were put in Alaska, each person would have approximately 4.25 square feet of land. There would be no humans anywhere else on earth. Yep. The earth is overpopulated .

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

John

Post by John »

It's all about you, Nathan.
JohnC

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

NathanJK wrote:When they announced that the VP pick was Sarah Palin I at first thought "maybe I could get excited about this one". I'm incredibly un-excited about McCain, so this seemed like a move in the right direction. However, as I found out more about her my excitement waned. One of my biggest sources of frustration is the out of control breeding that is taking place. Nobody NEEDS 5 kids, I can see having 1 or 2, but beyond that your just adding more people to the world who really do NOT need to be here. The last thing I want is yet another person clogging up traffic, wasting natural resources etc. On top of that, she gave her children ridiculous names. We better not let her name anything as VP...we could end up with a Discus Library, or the State of Javelin. The worst thing though is this pregnant daughter. I don't care if teenagers have sex really, its going to happen and no amount of "parenting" can really stop it. However, she couldn't teach her to be responsible about it? That's where I draw the line. Get the kid on birth control and tell them to use some darn protection!
As the youngest of five children, I take serious offense to that line of thought.
NRA lifetime member

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

KC5AV wrote:
NathanJK wrote:Nobody NEEDS 5 kids...
As the youngest of five children, I take serious offense to that line of thought.
As the father of five, so do I.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I have 5 children.

I didn't NEED 5 children. But I did WANT them.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

NathanJK wrote:When they announced ...
I don't generally post in the Election threads, so I will not comment on this topic. I see you are new to the forum, so welcome. If the intent of your post was to purposefully alienate the good people on this forum, then you are off to a good start. :tiphat:
Last edited by WildBill on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I am glad to see people with 5 children, or coming from a small family like that, posting in about NathanJK's opinion.

Of course, being the 4th child out of six, I should not comment too much. Being the father of 7 means I get to joke about 5 being too small a family.

Seriously, Nathan, I am not sure of your post. When i first read it, I took it as tongue-in-cheek. After all, how can anyone really care that much about how many kid sshe has or what to name them? With some of the others taking it seriously, I have to wonder if I was wrong. Sometimes, I read sarcasm into comments because I would be that way.

So, do you support Palin or not? Personally, I think she is the best of the four names on the main ticket, President or VP.
Steve Rothstein

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DoubleJ »

srothstein wrote:I am glad to see people with 5 children, or coming from a small family like that, posting in about NathanJK's opinion.

Of course, being the 4th child out of six, I should not comment too much. Being the father of 7 means I get to joke about 5 being too small a family.

Seriously, Nathan, I am not sure of your post. When i first read it, I took it as tongue-in-cheek. After all, how can anyone really care that much about how many kid sshe has or what to name them? With some of the others taking it seriously, I have to wonder if I was wrong. Sometimes, I read sarcasm into comments because I would be that way.

So, do you support Palin or not? Personally, I think she is the best of the four names on the main ticket, President or VP.
I as well. Being as his name is Nathan Just Kidding (or at least that's the way I read it.)

tbranch
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbranch »

srothstein wrote:Personally, I think she is the best of the four names on the main ticket, President or VP.
:iagree:

I have to agree with you. I was not real excited about this election until Palin came along. She's brought new life ;-) into this election.

While I'm not thrilled with the performance of the current administraton, I clearly do not want the dems to appoint 2 to 3 liberal judges to SCOTUS. DC versus Heller was a split decision that could have easily gone the other way.

Tom

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

Some of the talk yesterday was that Palin reviewed what the speechwriters had prepared for her for Wednesday, then she scrapped a significant portion of it and said she'd do it herself; that they could review it later Tuesday night. Evidently it became an all-nighter, and I have a feeling that was because the speechwriters and campaign personnel were negotiating with her about the content she had changed/scrapped/written.

I don't know if this is original, but I like it. One of the news critters, after Palin had been referred to as a "soccer mom" or "hockey mom," quoted Palin as saying, "Do you know what the difference is between a Pit Bull and a soccer mom? The soccer mom wears lipstick."

I'll certainly be watching the RNC tonight to hear her speech. In G.H.W. Bush's campaign, Dan Quayle started speaking to everyone right after the announcement that he'd been picked as the running mate. He was coming off as nervous and jittery, like a squirrel suddenly thinking about being VEEPOTUS. The McCain campaign handlers have controlled Palin more, allowing only pre-planned appearances after the announcement, and no press interviews. I have a feeling restraining Palin and McCain from talking in unplanned situations hasn't been easy.

Palin has a lot riding on her message and delivery tonight, but I have a feeling she'll do quite well.

Oh, as an aside, I didn't realize it until I read an article yesterday, but Palin has over an 80% approval rating as governor. Not bad.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

John

Post by John »

Apparently "US" magazine (which i am sure many here read :lol:: ) ran a hit piece on Palin. My wife instantly cancelled her subscription. Something good has come from the media's mad rush to discredit Palin. One less magazine subscription for the ole house hold.

For those interested, drudgereport.com has pictures of last week and this week's US covers. Last week's cover had Obama and his wife hugging with the title "Why he loves her". This weeks cover has Palin holding her baby with the title "Babies, Lies, and Scandal".

I've never seen my wife so mad at someone other than me. :smilelol5: The media is giving themselves up as a common enemy for the conservatives who are so so on McCain and his campaign. Really amazing.
JohnC

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

John wrote:It's all about you, Nathan.

You pegged it! ;-)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

KBCraig wrote:
KC5AV wrote:
NathanJK wrote:Nobody NEEDS 5 kids...
As the father of five, so do I.

Good for you Sir!

From #2 of 5 children. :mrgreen:

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Federal - 2008”