Does Palin have a dark secret?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Does Palin have a dark secret?

Post by anygunanywhere »

Russell wrote:
When you are a public official, you no longer have privacy. Your entire family is scrutinized, continually. This is the sacrifice you must make when you are a public official. Don't like it? Then work in the private sector.
The Bush girls were hounded and every mistake they made was front page news.

Chelsea was off-limits. Bill Clinton said so on broadcast television and the press complied.

Your statement does not apply to the dems, just everyone else.

Obamessiah told McCain to lay off his wife. She is out campaigning for the anointed one. Why is she off limits? The mainstream media has tagged Mrs. McCain asa "trophy wife". I would put a paycheck that she would wax Michelle the Angry in a debate.

That story is trash and if it keeps youi from voting for McCain/Palin I certainly hope you held Wild Willy in the same disdain because he lied.

Parents protect their children. If it is true, it is none of our business even with Palin being a political figure.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

boomerang
Posts in topic: 2

Post by boomerang »

A sixteen year old girl is not a political figure. This is not England and Bristol Palin is not a royal heir.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 12

Post by anygunanywhere »

boomerang wrote:A sixteen year old girl is not a political figure. This is not England and Bristol Palin is not a royal heir.
The thread winner!

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

boomerang
Posts in topic: 2

bigger hair than Ann Richards

Post by boomerang »

It appears Governor Palin does have a dark secret in her past.
http://www.youtube.com/v/Bza63nnqiKA
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nitrogen »

This whole "scandal" is the stupidest thing ever.

There's plenty of other problems with Mrs. Palin, and honestly, this, even if true, would have me look more positively on her; that she'd do this for her daughter, even while politically active.

I might not agree with it, but I can respect it.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jimlongley »

Russell wrote:The way a child acts, unless they have a medical condition, is a direct representation of the way the parents raised the child.
Having raised four kids to adulthood, in three different families for all intents and purposes, I don't believe that statement for a minute.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

bdickens
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bdickens »

:yawn
Byron Dickens

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Russell wrote:
Bart wrote:Let's suppose the rumor is true and she protected her daughter from paparazzi jackals. I don't know about the rest of you, but that would NOT be a character flaw in my eyes.
It would be in mine. She lied to the Alaskan public, while in office. On top of that, she is now lying to the nation while seeking office, if the rumors are true.

When you are a public official, you no longer have privacy. Your entire family is scrutinized, continually. This is the sacrifice you must make when you are a public official. Don't like it? Then work in the private sector.
Really? You know for a fact that she lied? You're comfortable with making that assertion, based on something posted by a demented Kosling?

The two bottom photos in that Daily Kos post were not even taken in the same year. The second one was actually taken in March of 2006 and published by the Anchorage Daily News back then. Kos claims it was taken THIS year. Trig Palin was born THIS year. Therefore, the Koslings are lying about that photo. Secondly, since that photo taken in 2006 looks exactly like the photo taken in 2007, it tends to disprove that the 2007 photo is of a pregnant teenager. The Koslings are the liars here. This is a really sleazy smear job of a politician's kid on the part of the Daily Kos, but it is also VERY typical of what Koslings post. They are unhinged. They have no brains, and they know nothing of proof. The post's author's claims about fat distribution in pregnant and non-pregnant females aren't even anatomically or clinically accurate. He obviously knows nothing about medicine. The person who posted this tripe at the Daily Kos is an idiot, and I would have serious personal doubts about the wisdom of anybody who would buy into it. Anybody who does buy into it needs to bone up on Occam's Razor:
Occam's razor (sometimes spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. The principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem", or "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity".

This is often paraphrased as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best." In other words, when multiple competing theories are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the theory that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood.

Originally a tenet of the reductionist philosophy of nominalism, it is more often taken today as a heuristic maxim (rule of thumb) that advises economy, parsimony, or simplicity, often or especially in scientific theories.
I have never bought into the notion that the proper way to attack a politician with whom you disagree is through their children. It's just indecent, and it's unAmerican. It was wrong when people did it to Chelsea Clinton. It was wrong when people did it to the Bush twins. It would be wrong to do it to Obama's kids, and it is wrong now. It is simply despicable behavior, and in my mind, it is a key indicator as to whether or not the candidate that this type of person supports is really the right person for the job. If I were Obama, I would move immediately to marginalize these kooks and make sure that the rest of the world knows that I don't need kooks in my support base, because to NOT do so would imply consent, and decent people simply won't support a candidate who tolerates this kind of behavior from his or her base.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

What really distresses me about this entire thread it that it is nothing more than a page from the National Inquirer. This unsubstantiated garbage doesn't deserve a discussion. If this event turns out to be true, then people have a right to discuss it, according to our forum rules, but why are we lending credibility to something that, at this point, is far worse than the early days of the Clinton administration when the media was correctly vilified for making jokes about Chelsea Clinton's looks?

Chas.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Russell wrote:Even if it is though, it does seem to be true that she flew all the way back home to Alaska, and then drove 45 minutes (if I remember correctly) to have her baby at a backwoods hospital, all while in the onset of labor. :totap:
Hardly unusual; wouldn't you prefer to go to your own doctor?

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lawrnk »

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 22&sp=true

Turns out her daughter is pregnant. I am glad she decided not to murder the child.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 22&sp=true
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Return to “Federal - 2008”