April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Re: April Applications

Post by ericsu19 »

I am here with you as well Hang in there

The_Vigilante
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The_Vigilante »

I am also still waiting......and waiting......and waiting. Heather was supposed to have some good news for me Friday, August 22nd but I never heard from her despite sending her an email and leaving her a voice mail. I think someone here in my county is playing games with my application delaying it. Anyway I will be breathin' fire when I call Monday morning.
The_Vigilante
"A man can never own enough guns."

ABN556
Posts in topic: 25

Post by ABN556 »

The_Vigilante wrote:I am also still waiting......and waiting......and waiting. Heather was supposed to have some good news for me Friday, August 22nd but I never heard from her despite sending her an email and leaving her a voice mail. I think someone here in my county is playing games with my application delaying it. Anyway I will be breathin' fire when I call Monday morning.

I hear you. I sent them a nasty e-mail on Friday asking how they could possibly explain new applicants from May and June getting their cards long before April applicants. It makes no sense at all.
04/19/08 - Took Class
4/25/08 – Packet received by DPS
5/1/08 – Check cleared my bank
7/21/08 – Rec’d PIN
08/28/08 - Heather called - license being mailed out today.
08/29/08 - web site updated:

sprmx199
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sprmx199 »

I'm still here also guys, sad that everyone ahead of us is getting their plastic and we still have to wait :mad5 .

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

Well, I finally got some good news today. Called in for my weekly status check and spoke to Will. He indicated the background checks had been completed and looked favorable. However, when I asked him how much longer I was looking at he wouldn't hazard a guess. Stated the application had to go thru a final review first and so on...... So does anyone here know how much more time I am looking at based on your experience? Thanks-finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. NOTE: Just after I added this post I received a call from Heather Brummett who advised me my license is being mailed out today. Wonders of wonders-miracles never cease. Now let's see if the USPS can do it's job and get it to me before Thanksgiving. Will keep you posted.
The_Vigilante

XDpackinBob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by XDpackinBob »

Bout time, after the fingerprint issue...Congrats :cheers2:

Yep USPS here does not always land where it should. It would be best if they just UPS'ed (don’t say that too fast "rlol" ) them all....

:patriot: :txflag:
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

Well just when I had given up they send me this.

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
It has been a long wait but it was worth it. For the rest hang in there and good luck
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

or

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

by The_Vigilante on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 pm

Well, I finally got some good news today. Called in for my weekly status check and spoke to Will. He indicated the background checks had been completed and looked favorable. However, when I asked him how much longer I was looking at he wouldn't hazard a guess. Stated the application had to go thru a final review first and so on...... So does anyone here know how much more time I am looking at based on your experience? Thanks-finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. NOTE: Just after I added this post I received a call from Heather Brummett who advised me my license is being mailed out today. Wonders of wonders-miracles never cease. Now let's see if the USPS can do it's job and get it to me before Thanksgiving. Will keep you posted.

called about 2 weeks ago and they told me the same thing. I am active as of today good luck.

plantop14
Posts in topic: 9

Post by plantop14 »

I checked the mail box before leaving to work a couple of hours ago and lo and behold, there it was, an envelope from the State of Texas with license inside! :thewave Now for tomorrow, the IHOP and Wally walk event will take place as planned! :woohoo

Final stats on time frame of entire process:
4/26 - Class Completed
4/28 - Mailed App. To DPS
4/30 - App. Rec'd By DPS
7/28 - Rec'd. PIN, Processing Application
8/21 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
8/25 - License In Wallet
Total days = 118 days

Good luck to the few of you Aprilites that are left waiting, your day is coming and soon!

sprmx199
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sprmx199 »

plantop14 wrote:I checked the mail box before leaving to work a couple of hours ago and lo and behold, there it was, an envelope from the State of Texas with license inside! :thewave Now for tomorrow, the IHOP and Wally walk event will take place as planned! :woohoo

Final stats on time frame of entire process:
4/26 - Class Completed
4/28 - Mailed App. To DPS
4/30 - App. Rec'd By DPS
7/28 - Rec'd. PIN, Processing Application
8/21 - Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
8/25 - License In Wallet
Total days = 118 days

Good luck to the few of you Aprilites that are left waiting, your day is coming and soon!
:hurry: Good for you guys :hurry: , I called and checked on mine and was told that everything looked good, IF I didn't hear anything buy mid September then to CALL THEM.

jayg0351
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jayg0351 »

I'm all done waiting 118 days and finnally done waiting. Now I hope the USPO does not delay. I have a friend who has been waiting on his showup since the 19th.

vscott
Posts in topic: 5

Post by vscott »

Well I was hoping that I would have something to report but nothing. I was asked for additional information regarding my DD-214. I retired from the AF in 1998 after 20 years of service. I have a very boring criminal record, just a couple of speeding tickets. I have held several top secret security clearances but because my DD-214 didn't specifically say "Honorable Discharge" they wanted proof. I called them on 8 August and spoke to a very kind gentleman, he told me they see that a lot and have instructed their people to ask for a copy of a retiree military ID card (heads up to those wanting to apply under special circumstances). I mailed them a copy of the card, my retirement orders and retirement certificate. Well that was almost three weeks ago and still no pin (I am sitting at 136 days and no PIN). But here is the kick in the head. My wife applied on-line on 29 Jun and received her PIN on 8 Jul. She took her CHL class on 16 Aug, her packet was received in Austin on the 21st, her status as of the 23 is Status is now Processing Application. she keeps teasing me that she will get her plastic before me. And she just might. I think I will call them tomorrow and ask them if they need additional information.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, I still don't feel better.
NRA
TSRA
PSC

Took class 4/5/08
1/29/09 - 291 days - Plastic received
Project One Million:Texas - Click here ... NRA Today!

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

vscott,

By this time you should have already emailed and written Jan Coffey outlining your situation to get her involved. Have you contacted your State Rep yet? It wouldn't hurt. Sometimes you just have to get proactive with these people.
The_Vigilante

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

jg0351,

Waiting for the U.S. Post Office to deliver your license is one of the hardest parts of this game. My license was supposed to have been mailed on Monday from Austin to El Paso. You wouldn't think it would take that long, would you? And each day that it doesn't arrive you are thinking "Did the Post Office lose the letter?" They do do that unfortunately. Heather told me it could take from 7-10 business days for my license to arrive. I guess they have to say that knowing the Post Office. As for your friend who has been waiting since the 19th, was he told it was actually mailed? Sometimes there is a delay from when the status changes on the website to the time the license is actually mailed.
The_Vigilante

texasccw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texasccw »

vigilante, how long did your background checks from El Paso take? Who did you contact to get things moving? You can PM them if you dont want to post them up here. Thanks from a fellow He*ll Pasoan! :txflag:
WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”