April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmorris
Posts in topic: 6

Re: April Applications

Post by jmorris »

The_Vigilante wrote:Another question: The system shows you are a licensed CHL holder but you don't have your license-lost in mail. You are stopped by LEO's. What do you do?
You're in your car, you're covered by the law. To me, it's a toss up whether I'd inform the officer that I understand my CHL has been issured but I haven't received it yet, or wait until it pops up on his screen and askes about it. I lean towards the former.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

psidrop1

Post by psidrop1 »

March 25 - Submitted online application request to DPS
April 12 - Took the class
April 13 - Mailed application packet via certified mail to DPS
April 17 - Application received by DPS
As of today, Thursday, August 14, 2008, :thumbs2: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!

Yes, baby...now we're talking! Only 119 days. I think that's better than average...considering.

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

Now...I still need to survive the last and final challenge of the U.S. mail, but a thirsty man would never curse a dark cloud. :drool:

RichardJ
Posts in topic: 19

Post by RichardJ »

Just got an email from DPS saying that are waiting on one of the two federal background checks to clear. Does anyone know what the other federal check is? Other than the F.B.I.
Took class 4/5/08
Mailed packet to DPS 4/7/08
Packet received @ DPS 4/8/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/6/08 Appication Complete
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Post by ericsu19 »

They are waiting on state background

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

ericsu19 wrote:They are waiting on state background
Just got another email back from them. The state background is in and ok. And I should check back in a couple of weeks. :banghead: :waiting: :mad5
Took class 4/5/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

WC87
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WC87 »

:thewave

1 call to my US Congressman, 5 emails to my Congressman reps, 3 phone calls from DPS to me, 1 profanity warning from a mod (deserved) and seemingly years of waiting...

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!!

Tracking confirms plastic will be received in hand tomorrow, barring catastrophe. Wally Walk, anyone???

Whoop!
CHL Class: 2/17/08
Mailed packet 4/07/08
Check Cleared 4/11/08
PIN # received 7/17/08
8/14/08 Status Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

thebz

Post by thebz »

I have finally been freed from the Waiting Room. Yep, just this morning the glorious and long awaited words showed themselves on my computer screen...Application Complete....(cue the bananas here)... :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

I have been in contact with a very nice lady in Austin by the name of Terry. She said she didn't know anything about our little forum here. I tossed out some names we banter about and she knew them...Simone, Matthew, Heather, just to mention a few, so Simone just may be a real person. Anyway, she told me yesterday that she put my plastic in her out box. Now the wait for Ms. Postal Person is at hand. :drool:

Pardon me but I will be off shopping for my carry purse...Man those things aren't cheep. :txflag:

Edited to add - Forgot my time line, :oops:

March 30, 2008 Class Taken
April 1, 2008 Packet Mailed
April 3, 2008 Packet Received by DPS (confirmed)
July 9, 2008 Pin Received, Processing Application
August 15, 2008 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

sprmx199
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sprmx199 »

Still waiting :banghead: Hopefully me day will come soon :banghead: . Last time I checked waiting on the FED :coolgleamA: Check to come back.

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

sprmx199 wrote:Still waiting :banghead: Hopefully me day will come soon :banghead: . Last time I checked waiting on the FED :coolgleamA: Check to come back.
I'm about a week ahead of you and getting the same response from DPS. Hopefully soon.
Took class 4/5/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

kman458
Posts in topic: 9

Post by kman458 »

thebz wrote:I have finally been freed from the Waiting Room. Yep, just this morning the glorious and long awaited words showed themselves on my computer screen...Application Complete....(cue the bananas here)... :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

I have been in contact with a very nice lady in Austin by the name of Terry. She said she didn't know anything about our little forum here. I tossed out some names we banter about and she knew them...Simone, Matthew, Heather, just to mention a few, so Simone just may be a real person. Anyway, she told me yesterday that she put my plastic in her out box. Now the wait for Ms. Postal Person is at hand. :drool:

Pardon me but I will be off shopping for my carry purse...Man those things aren't cheep. :txflag:

Edited to add - Forgot my time line, :oops:

March 30, 2008 Class Taken
April 1, 2008 Packet Mailed
April 3, 2008 Packet Received by DPS (confirmed)
July 9, 2008 Pin Received, Processing Application
August 15, 2008 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
Its about time. Protecting you :fire :smash: from the evil death ray machines at the self check out lanes at the wally world is getting old "rlol" . Its about time you did it yourself. Don't tell me but you have found that coach has a carry purse in purple that you just have to have "rlol" .

psidrop1

Post by psidrop1 »

WC87 wrote::thewave

1 call to my US Congressman, 5 emails to my Congressman reps, 3 phone calls from DPS to me, 1 profanity warning from a mod (deserved) and seemingly years of waiting...

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!!

Tracking confirms plastic will be received in hand tomorrow, barring catastrophe. Wally Walk, anyone???

Whoop!
Congrats to you! I got my Application Completed status screen, too.
Last edited by psidrop1 on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

taurus4007
Posts in topic: 13

Post by taurus4007 »

GOT IT TODAY!!!!! :anamatedbanana :woohoo :woohoo

:thewave :thewave :thewave

Just so other will not have to panic like I did. I was told that the plastice was mailed on July 30th. I get it today and it is postmarked August 12th. I have seen others who have received plastic three days after status change. For me it was 17 days. But it looks like for everyone the actual mail time is running about three days from postmark.
Class completed 4/27
Application received by DPS 4/30
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15
Application "In Process" 7/17
Application Completed 7/30 90 Days
August 15- PLASTIC IN HAND!!!!!

plantop14
Posts in topic: 9

Post by plantop14 »

Still in here waiting :waiting: no change in application status! Maybe my app. is taking longer because the first 3mos. of the previous 5yrs. residence was in Canada, duh! :oops: I'll probably be the last one out of here! :shock:

4/26 - Class Completed
4/28 - Mailed App. To DPS
4/30 - App. Rec'd By DPS
7/28 - Rec'd. PIN, Processing Application

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

plantop14 wrote:Still in here waiting :waiting: no change in application status! Maybe my app. is taking longer because the first 3mos. of the previous 5yrs. residence was in Canada, duh! :oops: I'll probably be the last one out of here! :shock:

4/26 - Class Completed
4/28 - Mailed App. To DPS
4/30 - App. Rec'd By DPS
7/28 - Rec'd. PIN, Processing Application
I'm about 20 days ahead of you on the time line and I am still here. But hopefully we will get out soon.
Took class 4/5/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Post by ericsu19 »

April 16 applicant still here not sure wy I spoke with them the other day thay say everything lookks good and that they are screening it. I will just keep waiting :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”