April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

The_Vigilante
Posts in topic: 16

Re: April Applications

Post by The_Vigilante »

jmorris,

Join the party-I made the same mistake. However, after I returned the card which was received on July 7th I also saw this same message for 2 weeks. At that point I sent an email and letter to Jan Coffey advising her of this. As a result Heather Brummett who is a supervisor there took possession of my case and got the status up-to-date and got my case rolling. I just received an email from her within the last 15 minutes-she advises everything should be cleared up (background investigation) by August 22nd (or possibly sooner). I would suggest emailing Jan Coffey and faxing her a letter at the same time. Can't hurt.
The_Vigilante
"A man can never own enough guns."

RichardJ
Posts in topic: 19

Post by RichardJ »

124 Days and still processing. :bigmouth :waiting:
Took class 4/5/08
Mailed packet to DPS 4/7/08
Packet received @ DPS 4/8/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/6/08 Appication Complete
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Post by ericsu19 »

117 days sence application received

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

ericsu19 wrote:117 days sence application received
Your not in Bexar county by any chance are you?
Took class 4/5/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

No I am in Kaufman County

pims14
Posts in topic: 12

Post by pims14 »

Talked with DPS rep this morning. She says that my license will be mailed today and I should wait 7 to 10 days for delivery. I am holding off my enthusiam till I see my status change on the website.
"Whatever hits the fan won't be distributed evenly"

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

Why is it taking so long to receive the plastic 7-10 days in earlier months they were getting them as soon as 2 days?

E-mailed DPS today still waiting on federal and state background

Application received April 16 :mad5

BigBlueDodge
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BigBlueDodge »

ericsu19 wrote:Why is it taking so long to receive the plastic 7-10 days
because the CHL department does not do the actual mailing. All licenses are sent to a shared mail room, that has it's own schedule. This mail room sends out different kinds of mail on specific days of the week. For example, when I submitted my online application, DPS told me that the mailroom sends out all online packets on Thursdays. While they was processing my application, I was told that it would take up to 7 days (depending on what day your license is sent to the mailroom, and what day the mailroom sends out licenses) once your license was sent to the mail room before anything would be mailed out. Then it will take up to another 7 days to actually get to you.

taurus4007
Posts in topic: 13

Post by taurus4007 »

pims14 wrote:Talked with DPS rep this morning. She says that my license will be mailed today and I should wait 7 to 10 days for delivery. I am holding off my enthusiam till I see my status change on the website.

Pims14, I hope yours comes sooner than Mine. I have been told that mine was completed July 30 and mailed that day or the next. As of today, I still have not received the plastic. I called and talked to Simone at DPS today. She was extremely helpful, very nice and very sympathetic to my agitation for having to wait so long. (No worries, I was very nice to her and we had a very good conversation) She told me to expect to wait 10-14 business days before I begin to worry. There is nothing she can do until 30 days have passed and then can request to reissue if needed.

I cannot say enough good about Simone... all should ask for her when calling!! She gave me her direct line number and told me to call her with updates if I still don't get it soon. She said that it could take another 45 days after the 30 day waiting period to reissue (let's hope it does not come to that!!!). She said that if it does come to that she would do everything she could to personally walk it through. I guess this is a good test in patience. There is nothing more I or anyone else can do at this point. :waiting: :txflag:
Class completed 4/27
Application received by DPS 4/30
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15
Application "In Process" 7/17
Application Completed 7/30 90 Days
August 15- PLASTIC IN HAND!!!!!

RichardJ

Post by RichardJ »

I called this afternoon and spoke to "Will". "Everything looks fine. Just waiting for background checks to come in." When asked why it was taking so long, I was told the story about the increase in applications. I asked why people who had applied a month or more after me were getting their licenses he said they must be renewals. New ones are not going out that fast.
Took class 4/5/08
PIN received 7/26/08
9/9/08 Plastic in hand

151 Days

ABN556
Posts in topic: 25

Post by ABN556 »

Hit 110 days today. Apparently I'm no closer to getting past "processing application" than I was a month ago.

Guess that escalation to the Governor's office really did no good.
04/19/08 - Took Class
4/25/08 – Packet received by DPS
5/1/08 – Check cleared my bank
7/21/08 – Rec’d PIN
08/28/08 - Heather called - license being mailed out today.
08/29/08 - web site updated:

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

Taurus4007,

Sorry to hear about your troubles actually receiving your license after it already has been issued. Imagine waiting as long as you did and then get slapped in the face with a "lost" license!! Ouch!!! One question: Since your license has been issued do you actually need to have possession of the license to carry? Here's hoping you receive it soon.
The_Vigilante

taurus4007
Posts in topic: 13

Post by taurus4007 »

The_Vigilante wrote:Taurus4007,

Sorry to hear about your troubles actually receiving your license after it already has been issued. Imagine waiting as long as you did and then get slapped in the face with a "lost" license!! Ouch!!! One question: Since your license has been issued do you actually need to have possession of the license to carry? Here's hoping you receive it soon.

Thanks for the reply. My understanding is that you have to have your license on your person while carrying. If I am wrong I sure do want to know. My concern is that if I have any encounter with LEO and don't have it on me there could be possible trouble. I sure don't want that after coming this far. Anybody else out there have any insights on the law regarding this?
Class completed 4/27
Application received by DPS 4/30
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15
Application "In Process" 7/17
Application Completed 7/30 90 Days
August 15- PLASTIC IN HAND!!!!!

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

Another question: The system shows you are a licensed CHL holder but you don't have your license-lost in mail. You are stopped by LEO's. What do you do?
The_Vigilante

pims14
Posts in topic: 12

Post by pims14 »

Checked the status this morning....

"Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

:patriot:
"Whatever hits the fan won't be distributed evenly"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”