July '08 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

steve0
Posts in topic: 1

Re: July '08 Applications

Post by steve0 »

When I did the same thing for my previous renewal,two years ago, the clerk informed me I'd get my new license within 45 days, as the law requires.

etodd
Posts in topic: 4

Post by etodd »

Just thought I would weigh in as I received my first surprise this morning. Applied on line June 22, completed class July 6, and packet mailed July 7. DPS was very responsive when I requested my pin by email in early July, but as we all know that was only a tease. One call to DPS returned the same type of answer we all have received, very nice person said, “We are doing our best but we are processing May applications now, and don’t expect anything before October.”

Well this morning my status changed from “Packet Mailed to Applicant,” to “Processing Application.” Hey any change is exciting!
etodd
22 June, Online Application
6 July, Completed Class
7 July, Mailed Packet to Austin
7 August, Processing Application

roff

Post by roff »

etodd wrote:Just thought I would weigh in as I received my first surprise this morning. Applied on line June 22, completed class July 6, and packet mailed July 7. DPS was very responsive when I requested my pin by email in early July, but as we all know that was only a tease. One call to DPS returned the same type of answer we all have received, very nice person said, “We are doing our best but we are processing May applications now, and don’t expect anything before October.”

Well this morning my status changed from “Packet Mailed to Applicant,” to “Processing Application.” Hey any change is exciting!

i mailed my app in mid june and im still at "packet mailed to applicant"
yours was at least 3 weeks after mine
when should i start contacting dps?
i has chl
i has cfp

Topic author
ambitman
Posts in topic: 27

PIN Number

Post by ambitman »

I mailed in my application. How do I get a pin number? Do they mail it to me?

Thanks,
Kevin
July 18 DPS Received
October 22 DPS website status change Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

They will mail it to you.
NRA lifetime member

XDpackinBob
Posts in topic: 3

Post by XDpackinBob »

yep :iagree: , I got mine about a month after the check cleared...
XD-40 Sub-Compact, Blackhawk! CQC Serpa level 2 and 3, Tuck This.
NRA.
TSRA.

Class. 5-14-08
Mailed. 5-15
Received. 5-19-08
96 days, Completed and active. 8-23-08
Plastic in hand. 8-27-08
First renewal complete
Second renewal pending

Bob

etodd

Post by etodd »

I guess that by applying on line I was able to receive the CHL trace number, that allowed Austin to assign a PIN. All i did was send an email with TDL, Name, DOB, Student Proficiency Certificate Number, and the CHL Application Trace Number. Within 24 hours I had a PIN, and 30 plus days of seeing "Packet Mailed to Applicant."
etodd
6 July, Completed Class

texasmr2
Posts in topic: 8

Post by texasmr2 »

Only if you did your app online. I mailed in my app also and after a month went by without recieveing my PIN I called the DPS and was told that since I mailed in my app I must request my PIN via email, which I did, and recieved it via email two day's later and then in the mail one week later.

LarryH wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:DPS recieved my application monday morning on June 9th at 9:37am and my question is what has been the average waiting period for them to email you your PIN # ?

Gregg

Bump ?

I believe the ONLY time they will email your PIN is if you send them an email requesting it (assuming they've begun processing your application). If you applied online, the PIN was included in the packet DPS mailed to you. If you picked up a packet at the CHL class and mailed it in after the class, your PIN will arrive by snail mail.

For what it's worth, packet receipt at DPS to receiving snail mail PIN was about a month last fall. That time appears to have approximately doubled since the first of the year.
Peace Officer

texasccw

Post by texasccw »

What is the link to apply for the PIN? Can someone please post it or snd me a PM? Thanks in advance!
WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM

ag07e
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ag07e »

I'm a July applicant and I received my Pin in the mail today. The letter was printed on August 5 and postmarked on August 7th. I checked online and the status is "processing application."

And No...I haven't called or written the nice people at the DPS Office. :txflag:
07/06/2008 CHL Class
07/08/2008 Mailed DPS CHL Application
07/10/2008 USPS Receipt
08/09/2008 PIN Received in Mail
Plastic Day: Late Late October or Early November?

etodd

Post by etodd »

texasccw wrote:What is the link to apply for the PIN? Can someone please post it or snd me a PM? Thanks in advance!
If you send all of your information to this emali, chl@txdps.state.tx.us they will return a PIN in about 48 hours.
etodd
6 July, Completed Class

pims14
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pims14 »

etodd wrote:
texasccw wrote:What is the link to apply for the PIN? Can someone please post it or snd me a PM? Thanks in advance!
If you send all of your information to this emali, chl@txdps.state.tx.us they will return a PIN in about 48 hours.
if you apply online that is probably the case. However, you if did not, it will take months to get a PIN. I had sent my application in mid-april. I did not recieve my PIN until mid July.
"Whatever hits the fan won't be distributed evenly"

mrbill
Posts in topic: 10

Post by mrbill »

Took CHL class: June 28th
Mailed packet to DPS: July 5th
Packet received by DPS: July 8th
PIN received in the mail: August 12th

I'm now at "Processing Application".

I hope to get it in time for my birthday in early November.

texasmr2
Posts in topic: 8

Post by texasmr2 »

The consensus is that recieveing a PIN with a mailed in app is about 50/50 but I guess it does not matter either way as long as we get one right?
Peace Officer

texasccw

Post by texasccw »

If you go to this link here click continue https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/NAS ... AppManager and then click on the highlighted "PIN Number" it will give you instructions on how to get your PIN. I sent the e-mail and received it within 2 hours.
WWW.GUNBANOBAMA.COM

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”