May Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 2

Re: May Applications

Post by Mike1951 »

Yes. Try again and this time make sure you are not selecting the option for CHL Instructor.

No personal experience here, just seen this question asked and answered many times.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

screename
Posts in topic: 3

Post by screename »

sceneshopninja wrote:I decided to check my status for the first time in a month or so. Last time I checked, it said "Processing Application".
Today, however, when I went to the website I got:

:headscratch "No application or license/certificate active." :headscratch

I checked from different browsers on different computers and got the same result. Anybody have any ideas what this might mean? I'm at 77days since they received my app in the mail, and the thought of something going wrong this far into the process makes me want to cry. :cryin
ninja - my heart dropped today when I checked my status. I received the same "No application or license/certificate active" status as well. I REALLYYYYYY hope this is a computer mistake as some other forum members have experienced this before. Today is day 76 since receiving my pin. Im going to call tomorrow and see whats up.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

OK, I'll try again!!

From another thread:
longhorn_92 wrote:When you clicked on Track the Status of your Application ---

Did you click onto Concealed Handgun Instructor Certificate or to Concealed Handgun License? You should click onto the track status under the Concealed Handgun License and not the Instructor. This is typically what happens...
There is nothing wrong! You're clicking on the wrong link.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KC5AV »

There have been a few instances where computer glitches have returned that same result, I believe.
NRA lifetime member

dawgfishboy

Post by dawgfishboy »

Checked this morning and: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
:anamatedbanana

05-10-2008 CHL Trainning
05-13-2008 Mailed DPS CHL Application
05-15-2008 DPS Received Application
06-15-2008 DPS Online Status 'Processing Application'
08-07-2008 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

I know I don't contribute much but I do appreciate all the information provided on this forum by its members. :tiphat:

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Well gave DPS a call and actually spoke with a lady that was able to talk me through my application. As the last they told me was that it had been sent to imaging.

It turns out that it has not.

They got the packet on May 23rd 2008. They only started the background checks on July 24th 2008. So my packet has been sat there doing nothing for 62 days.

The very helpful lady told me that the background check will take anything from 45-90 days and that to call back at the end of the month to check status. Which will make it approx 100 days from them getting the packet.

The biggest issue i have here is that every time I have called i have been given different information and all of it until now has been false and misleading. I understand that they are swamped and very busy. But that does not stop them from telling people the correct information.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 5

Post by pbwalker »

dawgfishboy wrote:Checked this morning and: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
:anamatedbanana

05-10-2008 CHL Trainning
05-13-2008 Mailed DPS CHL Application
05-15-2008 DPS Received Application
06-15-2008 DPS Online Status 'Processing Application'
08-07-2008 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

I know I don't contribute much but I do appreciate all the information provided on this forum by its members. :tiphat:
Nice!! I'm a day ahead of you and apparently still waiting on Bexar County to send their check back to DPS. I've got my Rep as well as Senator working on it. I'm hoping I get it soon!

:txflag:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

ericsu19

Post by ericsu19 »

Will I guess I will goin this group Not much going on in the April room :mad5

Application received 4-16-08

screename

Post by screename »

I just called to ask them why my online status says "No application or license/certificate active." He told me, "We are currently having computer problems, sir." He checked my status and told me they are still running the background checks.

sceneshopninja
Posts in topic: 6

Post by sceneshopninja »

Mike1951 wrote:Yes. Try again and this time make sure you are not selecting the option for CHL Instructor.

No personal experience here, just seen this question asked and answered many times.
Thanks Mike. I don't know how I missed that with as many times as I looked up my status yesterday. :headscratch
After clicking the correct link, I'm still at "Processing Application". It's not what I'd like to see there, but its better than what I was getting.
Ruger KP95PR
----------------------------------------
Course: 05/17/08 (-4 days)
Mailed: 05/19/08 (-2 days)
Received: 05/21/08 (0 days)
PIN: 06/26/08 (+36 days)
Processed: 10/05/08 (+137 days)
Plastic: 10/09/08 (+141 days)
----------------------------------------

http://www.concealedcampus.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
BigBlueDodge
Posts in topic: 16

Post by BigBlueDodge »

Plastic in hand !!! Arrived this morning.

Timeline
Took Class on May 10
Submitted Online Application on May 11th
Received Online Packet from Austin on May 15th
Paperwork Received by Austin May 20th
License sent to imaging July 19th
Application Complete August 1st
Plastic Received August 7
79 days total

For those of you still waiting, this is the seemingly innocuous envelope containing that 2" x 4" piece of plastic goodnes, that you will receive.

IMG_7883b.jpg
Last edited by BigBlueDodge on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABN556
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ABN556 »

What make no sense is how applications submitted well after April are completed and April is still not done. It almost seems like they just flat out don't want to do them.
04/19/08 - Took Class
4/25/08 – Packet received by DPS
5/1/08 – Check cleared my bank
7/21/08 – Rec’d PIN
08/28/08 - Heather called - license being mailed out today.
08/29/08 - web site updated:

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

It's also possible that some of the checks for the older applications haven't been returned.
NRA lifetime member

kidder014
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kidder014 »

It would be interesting if there was a way to track what counties were involved with the applications that have extra long delays vs the counties involved on the applications that get through fairly quickly. I would be curious to see if there were any counties that consistantly had delays on getting the background checks back to the state...

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 5

Post by pbwalker »

kidder014 wrote:It would be interesting if there was a way to track what counties were involved with the applications that have extra long delays vs the counties involved on the applications that get through fairly quickly. I would be curious to see if there were any counties that consistantly had delays on getting the background checks back to the state...
Well, I know for me that Nueces County was 6 days and Bexar County is going on 4 weeks... :(
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”