NRA Life Membership Promotion - ASAP!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Re: NRA Life Membership Promotion - ASAP!

Post by WildBill »

Deleted Post for accuracy.
Last edited by WildBill on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Deleted post for accuracy
Last edited by WildBill on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rokyudai »

O.U.T.S.T.A.N.D.I.N.G !!!!!!!
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I called today to start my lifer... they are open M-F. I can't wait!

Thanks again WildBill!
NRA Benefactor Member

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Mike1951 »

I would be willing to sponsor anyone, but am curious to see whether this is legitimate.

I still cannot find it mentioned on the NRA sites and the offer mailed to me was to enroll a family member for $300.

The catch is that the sponsoring member pays the $300, not the new enrollee. Getting involved to this depth is beyond my capabilities.

Reading the Defensive Carry thread to the end, it is clear that one member is considering collecting money from those he sponsors to pay the NRA.

I just want someone to verify the details of what is being offered before we jump off the deep end.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Mike1951 wrote:I would be willing to sponsor anyone, but am curious to see whether this is legitimate.

I still cannot find it mentioned on the NRA sites and the offer mailed to me was to enroll a family member for $300.

The catch is that the sponsoring member pays the $300, not the new enrollee. Getting involved to this depth is beyond my capabilities.

Reading the Defensive Carry thread to the end, it is clear that one member is considering collecting money from those he sponsors to pay the NRA.

I just want someone to verify the details of what is being offered before we jump off the deep end.
Mike1951 - Thanks for the heads up. During the last membership drive there was no information on the NRA site either, but a call to their membership service number verified that it was legitimate. The NRA is closed today so I sent an email about this membership drive and will call them tomorrow morning to verify the membership drive. I apologize in advance, if this is not a legitimate offer. I am not collecting any money from forum member.
Last edited by WildBill on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

The member of THR got the same offer I did, sponsoring member pays and can only sponsor ONE person:
$300 NRA life membership ( NEW )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, many of you know, awhile back Life Members of the NRA got a special offer to sign up new Life Members for $300 ( normal price is $1,000 ).

A pretty sweet deal was worked out with some folks at the NRA, and we were able to get 50+ new Life Members signed up. Others on different forums got even more.

Well, I guess the numbers that got in for $300 may have caught the NRA off guard.

I just got a new offer in the mail. I can again sign somebody up for $300 ( They say family member. but we're all family here. Right ). The problem is, I can ONLY sign up 1 person. They do have a box on the submission form that hints they may offer it up to more than one later, and do I want to be notified if they do. Well YES.

They have made it a bit more difficult as well. No easy phone call. I have to send in this form ( with payment ). They will in turn return an activation form, that I need to turn over to the new member. And finally, the new member sends in the activation form.

Really don't understand why they want to limit it like this, and make it such a hassle. Every person that could get on board puts $300 in the till, and adds permanent head count.

Anyway, I'd like to get at least the 1 I'm being allowed ( maybe more will be allowed later ). So the 1st to PM me and says they want to do it gets it. However, you'll have to follow through. If contact becomes a problem, or payment doesn't show in a reasonable time, I'll move to the next in line.

Tuckerdog1
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I posted in this thread when I received the offer. I had received a similar offer about the same time as the previous open enrollment.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 54#p191973
Re: NRA Life member specials
by Mike1951 on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:11 am
This is why I was hoping Charles might have knowledge of another offer.

Here are relevant details from the offer.

"For the next 60 days, the NRA has reserved for you the opportunity to nominate a son, a daughter, grandson or granddaughter, niece or nephew as your Legacy Life Member of the NRA"

"At this time, only one Legacy Life Membership can be made available per Life Member."

"Life Membership credentials for your Legacy Life Member will be forwarded to you upon receipt of full payment, along with an Activation Form to be completed by your Legacy Life Member."

Key points:

The sponsoring member pays for the membership.

It is for a family member.

Credentials are sent to the sponsoring member.

This is clearly NOT the offer that so many here took advantage of recently, where all that was required was the membership information of the sponsor.

But that offer ran just after I last received the Legacy Life offer.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

In that case "WHO'S YOUR DADDY" "rlol"
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sorry Folks, but this offer is only for family members. Here's a copy of the email that I received from the NRA this morning.
Thank you for contacting us.
There is a Legacy Life Membership offer for $300. The information for this offer is sent to a life member, to give to someone else in his or her family. So the offer I just mentioned is not a scam. But in order to sign up for it, you have to have the proper form, which was sent out to certain life members.
Thank you for your support!
Best regards,
Mike
NRA Member Communications
Anyway, sorry for the mixup. :oops: I didn't read the post carefully enough.
For those of you who contacted me, I will be happy to sponsor you for the next membership drive.
NRA Endowment Member

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Can we get the adoption papers done before the expiration date? No matter, I will be old enough for a senior discount with my next renewal... In January.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Thanks for checking! I guess it's one of those cases of "if it sounds too good to be true"...

Maybe next time!

BigBlueDodge

Post by BigBlueDodge »

I too would like to take advantage of this lifetime offer. Whoever sponsors me, I would pay them the $300 fees upfront, plus $50 for their troubles. Please PM me for contact.

Update : Doh! I just saw the last post about it being available only for family. The question I have is how does the NRA know you are family? Does it mean immediate family only?

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

BigBlueDodge wrote:Update : Doh! I just saw the last post about it being available only for family. The question I have is how does the NRA know you are family? Does it mean immediate family only?
My bet is that the NRA isn't too concerned about the genealogy. They probably trust in the integrity of their lifers, as exemplified by WildBill. :tiphat:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

+1 on that Skiprr for sure.

Let's just say one may be able to stretch legacy/genealogy: "Well...I'm a brother/sister in arms for a cause aren't I?" with some interesting results! Check out the new signature! Thanks to the gentleman that made it all possible. You know who you are.
:txflag: :patriot:
Rok
NRA Benefactor Member

BigBlueDodge

Post by BigBlueDodge »

Congrat's. I'm so jealous.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”