How long for DPS to process your CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How long did it take for DPS to process your new or renewal CHL?

New - 60 days or less
48%
New - 61 to 70 days
15%
New - 71 to 80 days
15%
Renewal - 45 days or less
5%
Renewal - 46 to 60 days
5%
Renewal - 61 to 70 days
3%
Additional Processing Time - Timely issued
4%
Additional Processing Time - Not timely issued
6%

Total votes: 340

Flatland2D
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Flatland2D »

I called the same number, but you have to press "0" in order to speak with a real person. The last few times I've called someone picks up after a few rings. If no one picks up, it'll eventually go back to the automated menu. Just keep pressing "0" until someone answers.

Reysc
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Reysc »

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Flatland25!! Hope you get yours soon..I haven't received my yet and today is my 58th day. Hopefully,hopefully TODAY!!
ReySC

Reysc

Got it!!!

Post by Reysc »

Ok.. got a call from my wife who took over watching the mailbox for me!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!! :grin: :grin: Hey Jbenat, I can return your camping suppies/equipment now!! Wow, that's 58 days mailbox to mailbox. For the rest of the the gang still waiting, I think they Austin is cranking if up faster. Hang in there, yours could be next!!

Updated for the records..
1. I applied online and paid my $ 140.00 online.
2. Instantly got my PIN # with my online receipt.
3.In a week's time I received my 'PACKET" from DPS
4.Mailed Packet back to DPS February 13,2006
5.March 15, 2006 my status was changed to Processing Application
6.April 7, 2006 my status was changed to Application completed
7. CHL received

Thanks a lot to all for all the encouragement and entertainment during my stay in the "WAITING ROOM" and Chas, thank you sir for providing us this forum and sorry for the clutter we make around here!!
See ya'll in other sections..
ReySC

AggieMM
Posts in topic: 15

Post by AggieMM »

Called, finally got a human on the line, was informed that even though I was past the 60 day period, that they are running behind on processing paperwork, and to be patient. :roll:

Hmm, I'll have to remember that the next time I get a traffic ticket. "Yes Your Honor, I understand I'm past the 30 day period, but I'm running a little behind on my paperwork, so you need to be patient." :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ryan

sdmahr
Posts in topic: 10

Post by sdmahr »

Reysc: Congratulations !

In checking the mail today I'm still without. A week and one day ago they stated it would be mailed the next morning.

Guess I'll look again tomorrow ! ! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Packing...I refuse to be a VICTIM.

Flatland2D

Post by Flatland2D »

Reysc,
That's great your license came today. Let us know how your first day of concealed carry goes.

barres
Posts in topic: 27

Post by barres »

Today is day 31 for me. I hate waiting. Still don't have my PIN. I hate waiting. The wait is driving me nuts. Did I mention that I hate waiting?

dubya
Posts in topic: 17

Post by dubya »

Great for you Reysc and AggieMM! (you have been waiting so long I can spell Reysc now). Looks like barres is going to fill in for you in this string Reysc.

Resyc, I will look for you around in here and at Glocktalk (I'll check on your posts there). I also have a 26 but rotate it with a 30, a Sig P239SAS and a Kel-Tec P3AT when necessary but the 26 is a great carry piece. BTW, Reysc, I am still waiting on my Passport renewal I sent in late in Jan.

I think the easy banter and humor here helps break the wait up and, misery loves company, of course :razz: Good luck to everyone waiting and hope there are no more 90 day waits.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 29

Reysc Congratulations!!!!

Post by jbenat »

Reysc, another well dressed man about town. :lol:

Only took me 40 days longer but at least I'm legal now.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

dubya
Posts in topic: 17

Post by dubya »

Speak of the Devil!!!! Jbenat, our reigning man of 90+ patience. Congrats one more time to you. Do you still get a little ticked off at how inconsistent the process is? I am glad, at least, we are not in Illinois (or particularly Chicago).

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 26

Re: Got it!!!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Reysc wrote:Thanks a lot to all for all the encouragement and entertainment during my stay in the "WAITING ROOM" and Chas, thank you sir for providing us this forum and sorry for the clutter we make around here!!
See ya'll in other sections..
Congratulations and thanks for the kind words. Have you quit looking in the mirror to see if you can spot your gun? That compulsive feeling usually goes away after a few days. :lol:

Chas.

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Chas wrote;

"Congratulations and thanks for the kind words. Have you quit looking in the mirror to see if you can spot your gun? That compulsive feeling usually goes away after a few days.

Chas."

Wow. a note from the big boss :grin: :grin: .. I am honored!! Yes, sir with some much practice in the house, I quit checking if I can spot my carry!! The only problem is I'm already used to carrying in the house and taking it off when I leave.. :lol: :lol: Got to do a reverse procedure now!!BTW, Chas check with your secretaty on Monday or Tuesday regarding an 8x11 envelope from Dallas Athletic Club. Please tell her/him it's not junk mail.. You have a good day, sir!!

ReySC
ReySC

jbenat
Posts in topic: 29

Had to go look in the mirror...

Post by jbenat »

dubya wrote:Speak of the Devil!!!! Jbenat, our reigning man of 90+ patience. Congrats one more time to you. Do you still get a little ticked off at how inconsistent the process is? I am glad, at least, we are not in Illinois (or particularly Chicago).
Dang, Dubya, when I first read this I thought, you thought, I was 90+ years old. Would you believe, I waited so long, that the 1st day I got my CHL I forgot to strap on. Guess I had gotten used to skulking around the house in practice mode.

Yes I do get a little upset thinking how my wife got hers so quickly (54 days) and mine took so long (98 days) to process. Anyway, all's well that ends well! I'll still look into the waiting room often. Hope everyone else gets theirs in a timely manner.

It could be worse, I,ve got a friend in Chicago and another in San Fransico. They are both thinking of moving to Texas because of the local idiot politicos and their silly gun laws. I don't blame them. Sometimes we forget how good we got it. We are blessed to live in the best state in the best country in the world. :grin:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

abelgarza1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by abelgarza1 »

I just received an automated email response from US Postal that that packet was delivered to DPS at 8:55 this morning. Does my countdown begin today or the day I receive my PIN?

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

abelgarza1 wrote:I just received an automated email response from US Postal that that packet was delivered to DPS at 8:55 this morning. Does my countdown begin today or the day I receive my PIN?
Today. All legally required time frames start the day they receive your packet. Not the day you receive your PIN.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”