April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ABN556
Posts in topic: 25

Re: April Applications

Post by ABN556 »

Called DPS again this AM - finally got a PIN by e-mail - "Processing Application"

I asked if I would have to wait until Halloween. They said I should get it before then.

Thanks for the quick service.
04/19/08 - Took Class
4/25/08 – Packet received by DPS
5/1/08 – Check cleared my bank
7/21/08 – Rec’d PIN
08/28/08 - Heather called - license being mailed out today.
08/29/08 - web site updated:

2001Stroke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2001Stroke »

:hurry: :clapping: :woohoo
I just got off of the phone with the DPS and the first person I talked to said they had to transfer me to there supervisor because she was handling my file personally. I got scared because I thought something must be wrong with my application. She got on the phone, put me on hold, and when she came back on she said that everything was complete and she would PUT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo "rlol" :patriot: :cheers2: :clapping: :lol: :txflag: I don't know if it helped but I have been calling about every other day to check on my status. Looking at most of the other timelines in the waiting room it looks like I got mine pretty fast! Just over 80 days! So it might be worth it to give them a call -800-224-5744 and tell them you are checking on the status of your application. They will ask for your SS# and then tell you exactly where the process is. I'll be in here until my license arrives and then off to WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: "rlol" :patriot: :txflag: :fire
April 30, Packet delivered to DPS
May 7 Check cleared.
June 4 PIN# received
July 21 Heather at DPS said she was sending my license first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!
July 22 "Application completed-License issued or certificate active."
July 26 5:45p.m. Plastic in hand!!!

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Post by ericsu19 »

My conversation with DPS today said the everything is back and background complete but could not say when I would receive plastic he did say it could be 2 weeks.

JohnnyG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JohnnyG »

4/17/2008 Mailed Renewal application
7/19/2008 License received in the mail

I had made 3 or 4 calls to DPS and Simone was telling me that she sent emails to the department that mailed them and they were just sitting on it. Finally after they told he they were going to mail for over 2 weeks she got a supervisor involved and it was mailed out within 2 days.

Simone was really helpful, thank God for her!!!

kicker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kicker »

If I received my pin does that mean that my fingerprints are alright, or could they still comeback at this point?

4/7/08 Application received by DPS
7/17/08 received pin.

taurus4007
Posts in topic: 13

Post by taurus4007 »

2001Stroke wrote::hurry: :clapping: :woohoo
I just got off of the phone with the DPS and the first person I talked to said they had to transfer me to there supervisor because she was handling my file personally. I got scared because I thought something must be wrong with my application. She got on the phone, put me on hold, and when she came back on she said that everything was complete and she would PUT MY LICENSE IN THE MAIL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woohoo "rlol" :patriot: :cheers2: :clapping: :lol: :txflag: I don't know if it helped but I have been calling about every other day to check on my status. Looking at most of the other timelines in the waiting room it looks like I got mine pretty fast! Just over 80 days! So it might be worth it to give them a call -800-224-5744 and tell them you are checking on the status of your application. They will ask for your SS# and then tell you exactly where the process is. I'll be in here until my license arrives and then off to WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: "rlol" :patriot: :txflag: :fire

Congrats. Your time frame is almost exactly the same as mine. I hope that I will be able to join you in Wal-Mart soon.
Class completed 4/27
Application received by DPS 4/30
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15
Application "In Process" 7/17
Application Completed 7/30 90 Days
August 15- PLASTIC IN HAND!!!!!

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 15

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Got a white envelope!!!!!!!

PIN.... :grumble

Oh well, maybe a few days more won't hurt....."processing application."

Also got my new NRA card in the mail. My first one!! :patriot:
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

lphil
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lphil »

Today is my 94th day of waiting. I'm debating with myself whether to call or write my state rep. Maybe I'll do both tomorrow. :headscratch
On-line application 2/10/08
Received packet 2/20/08
Took class 4/13/08
Mailed packet 4/14/08
Austin recieved packet 4/17/08
Processing Application 5/1/08
Retook finger prints & mailed 7/7/08
Application Completed 08/04/08
Plastic in hand 8/8/08 - 112 Days

Rub N Smoke
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Rub N Smoke »

So I took your advice and called DPS they tranfered me to Heather she is a VERY NICE person. She is going over to get some # from the finger print guy and she will Issue my license and send it. OOOPS, she just called she got the # from the guy in fingerprints and SHE IS DROPPING IT IN THE MAIL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! :woohoo Its kinda funny because I read her the post from "2001stroke" and told her how popular she is or will become and she had no Idea about the forum, but now maybe she will be checking in with us and actually be on "Our Side". WALLY WALK HERE I COME!!!! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :cheers2: :cheers2: :fire :thewave :txflag: :drool: :drool: :drool: :coolgleamA: :hurry: :thewave :chldancing
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

ArmedTeacher

Post by ArmedTeacher »

IAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logged on to the DPS website to check status as I do every morning. Low and behold---License active!!!!!!!!!! It only took 111 days to see those magical words!!!! Now if USPS could only grow wings!!!!!!!
15 Mar 08--CHL Initial Class
20 Mar 08--Applied Online
26 Mar 08--Packet mailed certified to DPS
02 Apr 08--Packet Rec'd by DPS
25 Jul 08--Plastic in wallet---115 Days

bryang
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bryang »

HALLELUJAH! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana :woohoo

I can't believe it... I have checked the DPS tracking site 50 times this morning to make sure that I am really seeing what I think I am seeing..."Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"! :clapping:

I am soooooo excited and I just had to tell someone. Thank you all for putting up with me for these past several months. This forum has been a true blessing, that's for sure.

How, yep...you got it, now I'm looking for the mail man!! :thumbs2:

Good luck to you all, I hope you are next!!!!
:txflag:
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

lphil

Post by lphil »

Well today I made a phone call to DPS and talked to a friendly chap named William. He said that all the bg checks came back good and they were in the "final process" of getting me my license. From the looks of it, I might be getting it pretty soon, but I do have to wonder what they mean by "final process". :???:
On-line application 2/10/08
Received packet 2/20/08
Took class 4/13/08
Mailed packet 4/14/08
Austin recieved packet 4/17/08
Processing Application 5/1/08
Retook finger prints & mailed 7/7/08
Application Completed 08/04/08
Plastic in hand 8/8/08 - 112 Days

ericsu19
Posts in topic: 43

Post by ericsu19 »

Had a conversation yesterday with DPS and all my back ground check was good, I am leaving for florida aon the 31st so I called this morning and they told me all the background was not back figure that one out,

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 15

Post by agbullet2k1 »

ericsu19 wrote:Had a conversation yesterday with DPS and all my back ground check was good, I am leaving for florida aon the 31st so I called this morning and they told me all the background was not back figure that one out,
Opposite day strikes again. :totap:
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

taurus4007
Posts in topic: 13

Post by taurus4007 »

Rub N Smoke wrote:
So I took your advice and called DPS they tranfered me to Heather she is a VERY NICE person. She is going over to get some # from the finger print guy and she will Issue my license and send it. OOOPS, she just called she got the # from the guy in fingerprints and SHE IS DROPPING IT IN THE MAIL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! :woohoo Its kinda funny because I read her the post from "2001stroke" and told her how popular she is or will become and she had no Idea about the forum, but now maybe she will be checking in with us and actually be on "Our Side". WALLY WALK HERE I COME!!!! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :cheers2: :cheers2: :fire :thewave :txflag: :drool: :drool: :drool: :coolgleamA: :hurry: :thewave :chldancing
I saw your post this morning and tried to reach Heather. No luck on that but spoke to a guy who said that my license has been sent to "imaging" and that they are only waiting on the final background from the state. I hope to be joing the Wally Walk very soon. From what others are reporting it looks like we may be really close! :waiting: :txflag:

Class completed 4/27
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15
Class completed 4/27
Check Cleared 5/05
State Rep Inquired 6/28
PIN received 7/15