CHL Training at lock and load tyler, texa

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

austin-tatious
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Training at lock and load tyler, texa

Post by austin-tatious »

drw wrote:
mac_attack wrote:i cant believe youre breaking down and getting your chl :evil2:
Yeah, it's disappointing that you have to get permission to bare arms, but I don't want a Class A Misdemeanor on my record. :(
All I have to do to bare arms is wear a short sleeved shirt! Should work for anyone. :lol:

Sorry :oops: , it's Friday.

Bisley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bisley »

mac_attack wrote:funny, i was just trying to look up there ffl fees and ran across this thread.
If your talking about transfer fees, they told me $50. :sad: Needless to say, I didn't go that route.

I took my CHL class there, had the big guy named Jay for an instructor, and thought he did a pretty good job. It did wipe out most of a day, but that was mostly due to the fact that there were quite a few newbies taking the class, that needed quite a bit of instruction. All in all, it was OK.

mac_attack
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mac_attack »

Bisley wrote:
mac_attack wrote:funny, i was just trying to look up there ffl fees and ran across this thread.
If your talking about transfer fees, they told me $50. :sad: Needless to say, I didn't go that route.

I took my CHL class there, had the big guy named Jay for an instructor, and thought he did a pretty good job. It did wipe out most of a day, but that was mostly due to the fact that there were quite a few newbies taking the class, that needed quite a bit of instruction. All in all, it was OK.
OUCH! i didnt go that route either, but it was a monday when i was calling around and they were closed. i ended up with bullard's gun shop (gunsmith).
$50 is too steep for a transfer!

Bisley

Post by Bisley »

mac_attack wrote:OUCH! i didnt go that route either, but it was a monday when i was calling around and they were closed. i ended up with bullard's gun shop (gunsmith).
$50 is too steep for a transfer!
Yep.

I like to shoot there, occasionally, because it is convenient, and sometimes I'm just in the mood for the 'automated' target system, but I have never found a bargain there. They apparently subscribe to the theory that when business is slow, you should raise the prices on your loyal customers to compensate.

Nachos Libres

Post by Nachos Libres »

^^ I'm with this guy. The class was fine as far as I'm concerned but $20 to shoot is expensive to me (thank goodness my in-laws own some land I can shoot on when I need to practice). Their selection of guns is horrible and the prices are just as bad.

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I took the course at Lock and Load, and Jay was the instructor. His methods didn't bother me, I didn't hear any profanity, and once you sign up for the class, there is a nice discount on the range fee until your class is over. I had almost a month to practice at the reduced rate. I do agree that $20 is very steep for a range fee, and that all their guns and accessories are priced out of sight. I have not signed up for the "range membership," which apparently costs less than $20 for each session. For example, their XD 10-round magazines were priced more than twice the price on the Internet, including shipping.

In spite of the prices, their range is state of the art, and I love it.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Bisley

Post by Bisley »

XDFan43 wrote:In spite of the prices, their range is state of the art, and I love it.
I don't know about 'state of the art,' but it is automated. When I took my CHL class, my target hanger was broke, and when they flipped it toward me for the 'start shooting' cue, it swung back and forth, and I had to shoot a moving target. The instructor looked at my hits and said don't worry about it.

Return to “New to CHL?”