March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 3

Re: March Applicants

Post by KC5AV »

kd5zex wrote:
baylor wrote:This just appeared on my status page: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

Did I just graduate? Did it just happen? Did it, does it really say what it says?

:anamatedbanana
Congrats, it is starting to get lonely in the March room. Be safe, enjoy your Wally Walk.

:txflag:
Don't worry. We'll stop by and bring you food and water once in a while.
NRA lifetime member

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 30

Post by kd5zex »

KC5AV wrote:
kd5zex wrote:
Congrats, it is starting to get lonely in the March room. Be safe, enjoy your Wally Walk.

:txflag:
Don't worry. We'll stop by and bring you food and water once in a while.

Thanks, that's mighty kind of you guys, just slide it under the door. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

graybans
Posts in topic: 4

Post by graybans »

Status just changed yesterday. Now it is just waiting on another government entity, the USPS. I guess I will see how long that takes. For those of you sitting at around 120 days, contact your state rep. I know that DPS may not be enforcing the 120 day rule that Charles so kindly clarified for me, but the fact is, they can start at any time.

I waited until day 113 and then contacted my rep. His staffer was wonderful, and I got a response from DPS within 1 hour! While they did not "pull my app ahead," I did make my case for the 120 day automatic denial, and she assured me that it would not happen. Toward the end of my phone call, she said that they are doing everything they can to get March applications wrapped up. Apparently, some April applications got misfiled and worked first. She said that DPS counsel was in the office finding out what they had to do to avoid a lot of complications. They gave me what I wanted: assurance that my application would not be denied by operation of law, which would have meant I gave a "donation" of $140 to DPS.

I don't think people at 60 or even 75 days should be stoking the fire with Gov. Perry, their senator or rep, but if you have gotten to day 105 or 110, get them involved. It is what they are there for.

Keep the faith-
Took Class: Mar. 8, 2008
Mailed App: Mar. 14
App Recvd by DPS (per USPS): Mar. 17
Check Cashed: Mar. 27
PIN Generated: Jun. 23 (99 DAYS)
PIN Recvd: Jun. 25
July 12, 2008: Application Complete:License Issued or Certificate Active (118 Days)
July 18, 2008: PLASTIC IN HAND!!! (123 Days)

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

I didn't follow my normal routine this morning which consists of checking the DPS website whilst drinking my coffee. I signed on to this forum and read about graybans issuance and figured I would take a stroll by the DPS site for the heck of it. Signed on expecting to see the usual Processing Application but was completely surprised by a Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!! :hurry: :woohoo I double checked to make sure I had not entered someone elses info but sure enough I am almost outta here.

124 days from receipt by DPS to application complete.

Come on rural mail carrier...
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

kd5zex wrote:I didn't follow my normal routine this morning which consists of checking the DPS website whilst drinking my coffee. I signed on to this forum and read about graybans issuance and figured I would take a stroll by the DPS site for the heck of it. Signed on expecting to see the usual Processing Application but was completely surprised by a Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!! :hurry: :woohoo I double checked to make sure I had not entered someone elses info but sure enough I am almost outta here.

Outstanding! It is about time DPS got it right!.....Wally Walk report.... :thumbs2:
Last edited by longhorn_92 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

therev
Posts in topic: 5

Post by therev »

kd5zex wrote:I didn't follow my normal routine this morning which consists of checking the DPS website whilst drinking my coffee. I signed on to this forum and read about graybans issuance and figured I would take a stroll by the DPS site for the heck of it. Signed on expecting to see the usual Processing Application but was completely surprised by a Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!!! :hurry: :woohoo I double checked to make sure I had not entered someone elses info but sure enough I am almost outta here.

I was motivated by your post to check my status today because I never check on the weekends, I just assume nobody in Austin works on the weekends. So I checked hoping for the best ............... but no luck............ still waiting . 122 days. Enough is enough. grh.
3/1/2008 - Took CHL Class
3/4/2008 - Packet received by DPS
3/14/2008 - Application entered by DPS
7/16/2008 - 125 days - Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
7/19/2008 - 129 days w/ no issues - Plastic received

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

therev wrote: I was motivated by your post to check my status today because I never check on the weekends, I just assume nobody in Austin works on the weekends. So I checked hoping for the best ............... but no luck............ still waiting . 122 days. Enough is enough. grh.
Sorry to hear that therev, its probably just around the corner. I know how you feel...
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AggieBonz02 »

Since I'm the one that started the thread, I suppose I should report back that my (now) wife and I received a phone call on Thursday night, July 10th, from Heather saying she had our licenses in her hand. They were issued on July 10th and should be in the mailbox today or tomorrow.

Of course, we must now send in the name change information for her new name. Heather asked that it be sent to her attention and she would ensure that it is taken care of expeditiously.

FWIW, she said my application started processing March 20th while my wife's started May 16th. They were both mailed to DPS on March 17th and the payment was processed on March 25th (mine) and March 26th (hers).

Anyway, :woohoo .

Thanks Heather!!!

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

AggieBonz02 wrote:Since I'm the one that started the thread, I suppose I should report back that my (now) wife and I received a phone call on Thursday night, July 10th, from Heather saying she had our licenses in her hand. They were issued on July 10th and should be in the mailbox today or tomorrow.

Of course, we must now send in the name change information for her new name. Heather asked that it be sent to her attention and she would ensure that it is taken care of expeditiously.

FWIW, she said my application started processing March 20th while my wife's started May 16th. They were both mailed to DPS on March 17th and the payment was processed on March 25th (mine) and March 26th (hers).

Anyway, :woohoo .

Thanks Heather!!!
Congrats!! Did you notice when your online status changed?
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AggieBonz02 »

It changed on Friday morning, July 11th.

BTW, Friday was the wife's birthday, so they were issued perfectly to allow us to renew the course together instead of putting us a year apart had they been issued in between her birthday and mine in August.

It was very lucky.

k6gixx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by k6gixx »

The wait is almost over, but still no plastic in hand. I practically trampeled the mailman this morning looking for the coveted plastic. But to no avail. Ohwell maybe tomorrow. He said he would suit up in full pads tomorrow :rolll "rlol"
The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

rmoraes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
These days I'm watching lots of movies and listening old songs. One of each come to my mind:
Phil Collins: "...one more night, One more night..."

Casablanca:...."and wait, aad wait, and wait....."
:yawn :sleep ."
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

therev
Posts in topic: 5

Post by therev »

My status changed today to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" after 125 days, but let me tell you what happened and you tell me if it was simple coincidence or my action.

Monday, I sent an email to my state representative and state senator (both liberal and not chl friendly) explaining my concern about the delay. I also emailed the Director of DPS, the Assistant Chief for Licensing and Regulation, the Department Manager for CHL Bureau, and the general CHL email. Here's the text of the email I sent to DPS. . .

To:
Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau
*******************, Director, DPS
*******************, Assistant Chief, Regulatory Licensing Service
*******************, Manager, Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau
*******************,Customer Relations Representative

On March 13 my application for a Concealed Handgun License was entered
by DPS. As of today, it has been 123 days since my application was
entered and 63 days past the 60 day requirement. I understand there is
a backlog due to the large number of applications received by DPS, but
120+ days should be enough time to process my application. I called
earlier today and spoke with a representative who stated DPS was waiting
on some background information to come back. This is in contrast to a
response I received a week ago when I was told all background
information had been received.
I sympathize with the position this department is in; however, the
processing time has become excessive. Due to the length of time, please
expedite my application and process my license.
I have sent a similar letter of concern to my state representatives,
Senator ****************** and Representative *********************.

Sincerely,

The next day I receive a very polite email from someone in the CHL Bureau that reads as below:

The Department is in receipt of your e-mail correspondence regarding
your application for concealed handgun license. We regret the delay in
processing your application. During the past six months we have received
a significant increase in applications, which has created a backlog in
processing.

Our records indicate that your license was issued July 15, 2008. If you
have not received the license in the mail within the next 7 to 10
business days or you have further questions, please feel free to contact
************ *************, Concealed Handgun Licensing
Bureau at ****@txdps.state.tx.us

Today my status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active". Is this coincidence? Had my time simply come? Or did my email actually make a difference?
3/1/2008 - Took CHL Class
3/4/2008 - Packet received by DPS
3/14/2008 - Application entered by DPS
7/16/2008 - 125 days - Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
7/19/2008 - 129 days w/ no issues - Plastic received

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

I would guess your time *finally* came. Anyway, congrats and I hope your USPS wait is not too long. Day 3 here. :txflag:

ETA: Make it day 4...
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

wyatt
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wyatt »

congratulation Have a great wally walk. post some updates.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”