March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: March Applicants

Post by longtooth »

therev,
Welcome to the board & hope it is not too much longer. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

kd5zex wrote:Who is still left in the March room?

Any word on your "plastic"? I see it's your birthday today (05 July) - hopefully your present came in the mail today?!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 30

Post by kd5zex »

therev wrote: Just joined the forum after waiting 115 days and still no license. I spoke with DPS last week and was told to wait 3 weeks before I call again. Ugh.
Welcome aboard! I was given the same line 2 weeks ago on the 26th. There is alot of good info here, enjoy. :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

longhorn_92 wrote:

Any word on your "plastic"? I see it's your birthday today (05 July) - hopefully your present came in the mail today?!
No birthday surprises for me... :confused5 I will call again on July 17th and see what they tell me. I am scheduled to go out of town on the 21st for a few weeks. I hope it is here waiting when I return.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

kd5zex wrote:
longhorn_92 wrote:

No birthday surprises for me... :confused5 I will call again on July 17th and see what they tell me. I am scheduled to go out of town on the 21st for a few weeks. I hope it is here waiting when I return.
Sorry about that...you have been waiting way too long!

Happy Birthday!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

longhorn_92 wrote:
Happy Birthday!
Thanks! It was a good day. :cheers2:
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

therev
Posts in topic: 5

Post by therev »

longhorn_92 wrote:
therev wrote:
Just joined the forum after waiting 115 days and still no license. I spoke with DPS last week and was told to wait 3 weeks before I call again. Ugh.

Welcome to the forum!

Has there been any issues with your application? Or has it been without any smears on your record?....
No problems with my record or any issues DPS made me aware of. They've told me there isn't any problems. In fact, I've had a CHL, but let it expire and so I had to go through the whole application process again. At some point the length of time becomes ridiculous. I think I'm almost there. 119 days and counting.
3/1/2008 - Took CHL Class
3/4/2008 - Packet received by DPS
3/14/2008 - Application entered by DPS
7/16/2008 - 125 days - Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
7/19/2008 - 129 days w/ no issues - Plastic received

wyatt
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wyatt »

3 weeks to call agian... that is not very incouraging. i am in the same boat at 115 today. I still check the mail everyday thinking that they are just not caught up on updating the web site. We have to hold on to some hope i guess. How many of are left from march in here anyway?

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

wyatt wrote:3 weeks to call agian... that is not very incouraging. i am in the same boat at 115 today. I still check the mail everyday thinking that they are just not caught up on updating the web site. We have to hold on to some hope i guess. How many of are left from march in here anyway?
Still here...
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

rmoraes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rmoraes »

B"H :tiphat:
I'm here
:cryin
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

Jesse1911
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jesse1911 »

still :totap:
***Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace no safety.***

packinginpost
Posts in topic: 7

Post by packinginpost »

called them today and i was told that they have begun my background check. He could not tell me how much longer it would be. Every question I asked he stated that they have been overwelmed with apps this year and it is taking longer than normal. Guess I will continue to wait.
3-18-2008 Sent application to TXDPS
BLA
BLA BLA
8-12-08 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
8-13-08 Plastic in Hand

wacc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wacc »

Me too. I called last week and got to speak with the Tech handling my app. She said my FBI check was done. They were wainting on my County check (Dallas County) and my license to be printed. She stated that they go ahead and get the license printed early in anticipation of the application being approved. She also said that if the app. ends up getting denied, then they destroy the plastic license. Just FYI...

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

wacc wrote:Me too. I called last week and got to speak with the Tech handling my app. She said my FBI check was done. They were wainting on my County check (Dallas County) and my license to be printed. She stated that they go ahead and get the license printed early in anticipation of the application being approved. She also said that if the app. ends up getting denied, then they destroy the plastic license. Just FYI...
Do you recall who was working on your app?
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by KaiserB »

wacc wrote: She stated that they go ahead and get the license printed early in anticipation of the application being approved. She also said that if the app. ends up getting denied, then they destroy the plastic license. Just FYI...
It takes DPS about 1 hr to get a license printed. I highly doubt they are printing them early, this may be some bull from DPS.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”