Redoing fingerprints

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
lphil
Posts in topic: 2

Redoing fingerprints

Post by lphil »

Tomorrow, I'm going to have my finger prints redone. I'm going to go to FAST and have them done. Are my rejected finger prints the only thing holding me back from getting my plastic or do they still have to complete the back ground check? :???:
On-line application 2/10/08
Received packet 2/20/08
Took class 4/13/08
Mailed packet 4/14/08
Austin recieved packet 4/17/08
Processing Application 5/1/08
Retook finger prints & mailed 7/7/08
Application Completed 08/04/08
Plastic in hand 8/8/08 - 112 Days

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Redoing fingerprints

Post by boomerang »

I don't know about DPS but the FBI can't do their background check without fingerprints.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

neal6325

Post by neal6325 »

FBI cannot process background without prints.

Where you are at in the process depends upon who discovered the bad prints. DPS reviews them prior to sending to the FBI and if they find them unacceptable the process holds there while they wait for your new ones.

If they actually sent to the FBI and the FBI determined the prints were not usable then you farther along in the process (not much but slightly). If the FBI had your file then they already started the state background when they sent of the federal. The federal really does not take as long as the state.

Either way you are still a ways off.
CHL Instructor, Member NRA (Life), TSRA, GOA, IDPA, FFL holder, Veteran (USN) and of course a proud TEXAS native.

RugerP345

Post by RugerP345 »

Yep, your still going to be in for a long wait. See sig line for my saga.

From what I've read here, and my own personal experience, it could be anywhere from 30 to 60 days before anything happens (receiving your plastic that is)

It took DPS 18 days after they had rec'd it to get my new prints into the system. Just last week I spoke with Simone to see what was up. She was a little upset at the fact that nothing had been done with my new prints. She said it would be a few more weeks before I see anything. She's was very nice to me on the phone and said everything looked good and all that was needed was my background check by the FBI.

I was watching a show on MSNBC last night regarding FAST printing. As I'm sure you know, prints are compaired with Federal Database (FBI Check). Custom agents use this system for illegals, and they get results back in two mins! Another piece was done about a school teachers and background checks. They use the same system and the prints get turned around in 2-5 days using the same database! Wonder why so much disparity?

Dont know much about the State background check, but I wouldnt think it would take nearly as long.

At this point I"m done wondering, I don't even check the website anymore. The thrill is gone... :cryin

Whats good for you is that they caught your bad prints early in the process, unlike mine at 110 days!!!

Good luck!

I will update when I rec. more info.
Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny. ~ Emiliano Zapata in a Letter to Pancho Villa

Topic author
lphil
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lphil »

Well, today I redid my finger prints using FAST, also I mailed them back via registered mail. Looks like I get to update my profile but for the wrong reason. :banghead:
On-line application 2/10/08
Received packet 2/20/08
Took class 4/13/08
Mailed packet 4/14/08
Austin recieved packet 4/17/08
Processing Application 5/1/08
Retook finger prints & mailed 7/7/08
Application Completed 08/04/08
Plastic in hand 8/8/08 - 112 Days

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”