March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Re: March Applicants

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

ryoung wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Done....plastic arrived today. I am thinking maybe I want to do something more daring than the Wally walk. Maybe a stroll through the Fair Park area at midnight with a pointed hood on. :biggrinjester:
I would advise against that.
I can't remember the name of the show or movie I saw that on, but there was a guy that would go into "racially diverse" hoods doing crazy stuff like that. He took his KKK outfit to a dry cleaners owned by a black guy. I kept waiting for him to get killed. It may have even been a series of internet videos this nut job did. He went to a day labor sight and picked up a bunch of illegals. He then drove them to a random location and dropped them off. They would chase him down as he drove off leaving them miles from where they started. I have to find those videos. It was some funny stuff. :biggrinjester:

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by KaiserB »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
ryoung wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Done....plastic arrived today. I am thinking maybe I want to do something more daring than the Wally walk. Maybe a stroll through the Fair Park area at midnight with a pointed hood on. :biggrinjester:
I would advise against that.
I can't remember the name of the show or movie I saw that on, but there was a guy that would go into "racially diverse" hoods doing crazy stuff like that. He took his KKK outfit to a dry cleaners owned by a black guy. I kept waiting for him to get killed. It may have even been a series of internet videos this nut job did. He went to a day labor sight and picked up a bunch of illegals. He then drove them to a random location and dropped them off. They would chase him down as he drove off leaving them miles from where they started. I have to find those videos. It was some funny stuff. :biggrinjester:
You are describing "The Amazing Racist" of YouTube fame. The gentleman in the video is Ari Shaffir.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

KaiserB wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

You are describing "The Amazing Racist" of YouTube fame. The gentleman in the video is Ari Shaffir.

Yeah...that sounds right. LOL...I have to look those up now. The first time I saw those I about busted a gut laughing so hard. "rlol"

k6gixx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by k6gixx »

WOO HOOOOOOO!!!! Status changed to Processing application!!!! Should be getting my plastic any day now :hurry: :clapping: :biggrinjester: :thumbs2: :woohoo :anamatedbanana :fire
The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

wrinkles
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wrinkles »

104 days got zilch, nada, 0.

Well my Rep's chief of staff emailed saying I had been entered into the system at the 97 day. I haven't heard from DPS myself.

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana After 99 days of waiting ... TX DPS let me know my CHL is in the mail :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Now I am just waiting on the post man.

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

KaiserB wrote::anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana After 99 days of waiting ... TX DPS let me know my CHL is in the mail :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Congratulations! Feels good, huh?.... :thumbs2:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 30

Post by kd5zex »

Who is still left in the March room?
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

longhorn_92 wrote:
KaiserB wrote: :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana After 99 days of waiting ... TX DPS let me know my CHL is in the mail :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Congratulations! Feels good, huh?.... :thumbs2:

I figured it was like the old saying "The Check is in the mail" It does feel good, but it will feel better when I open the envelope and get the CHL.

:)

rmoraes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
:cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
Congrats for those with plastic.
:cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin :cryin
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

JDKRIEK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JDKRIEK »

Congrads to all March Aps, sorry there are still some left without plastic in hand
KIMBER SST UCII
NRA/HCA MEMBER

4/22/08 PACKET AT DPS
5/15/08 PIN, PACKET MAILED TO APPLICANT
5/22/08 EMAILED DPS
6/10/08 EMAILED REPRESENTATIVE
6/11/08 PROCESSING APPLICATION
7/03/08 APPLICATION COMPLETED - LICENSE ISSUED OR CERTIFICATE ACTIVE
7/10/08 PLASTIC IN HAND! 80 DAYS

wyatt
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wyatt »

congrats on the plastic.

Still sitting at Processing App.
Checked the mail when I got home just in case but not even junk mail in there.

Day number 109. Check

There is allways tomorrow.

Charger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charger »

Got my plastic today from a March 9th mailing in of the application. Its taken a while, but I cant think of a better way to celebrate 4th of July!! :)

therev
Posts in topic: 5

Post by therev »

kd5zex wrote:Who is still left in the March room?
Just joined the forum after waiting 115 days and still no license. I spoke with DPS last week and was told to wait 3 weeks before I call again. Ugh.
3/1/2008 - Took CHL Class
3/4/2008 - Packet received by DPS
3/14/2008 - Application entered by DPS
7/16/2008 - 125 days - Status changed to "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
7/19/2008 - 129 days w/ no issues - Plastic received

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

therev wrote:
kd5zex wrote:Who is still left in the March room?
Just joined the forum after waiting 115 days and still no license. I spoke with DPS last week and was told to wait 3 weeks before I call again. Ugh.

Welcome to the forum!

Has there been any issues with your application? Or has it been without any smears on your record?....
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”