March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Re: March Applicants

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

As of today...License Is on the way. They said it would be 7-10 days to arrive but sometimes the mail gets here sooner. Thank goodness...that was quite the experience. :coolgleamA:
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 30

Post by kd5zex »

03Lightningrocks wrote:As of today...License Is on the way. They said it would be 7-10 days to arrive but sometimes the mail gets here sooner. The goodness...that was quite the experience. :coolgleamA:
Congrats! Did your status on the site change yet?
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

kd5zex wrote:I sent an email to my representative yesterday and I received a response this morning. The response is pretty close to what we have all been hearing; increase in applications, 15-30 days behind, temporary workers have been installed. It did say if I would like Rep. Kuempel to look into the status of my application to give him a call. I am going to call DPS today after lunch and see what they have to say.

ETA:Update

I held for about 8 minutes and was greeted by Lauren who transferred me to the technician who was working on my application (didn't catch the name). Got the voice mail, which stated she would be out of the office from May 12th to June 16th :eek6 . Left a message. We'll see what happens.

What? No wonder your plastic is so slow to come - she was taking a long vacation?! I am sure that no one bothered to work her files either...

Gotta love the DPS...
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks

kd5zex wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:As of today...License Is on the way. They said it would be 7-10 days to arrive but sometimes the mail gets here sooner. The goodness...that was quite the experience. :coolgleamA:
Congrats! Did your status on the site change yet?
Yes it did. I wasn't sure at first because it was worded weird. I called and they said they mailed it out today. I guess the temps don't always do data entry properly. They have my wording like I applied for an instructors permit. Tell me it wouldn't be funny for me to receive an instructors permit instead of a CHL.

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

longhorn_92 wrote:
kd5zex wrote:I sent an email to my representative yesterday and I received a response this morning. The response is pretty close to what we have all been hearing; increase in applications, 15-30 days behind, temporary workers have been installed. It did say if I would like Rep. Kuempel to look into the status of my application to give him a call. I am going to call DPS today after lunch and see what they have to say.

I held for about 8 minutes and was greeted by Lauren who transferred me to the technician who was working on my application (didn't catch the name). Got the voice mail, which stated she would be out of the office from May 12th to June 16th :eek6 . Left a message. We'll see what happens.

What? No wonder your plastic is so slow to come - she was taking a long vacation?! I am sure that no one bothered to work her files either...

Gotta love the DPS...
I was thinking the same thing longhorn, I will see what she says when/if she calls me back.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

kd5zex wrote:
longhorn_92 wrote:

Gotta love the DPS...
I was thinking the same thing longhorn, I will see what she says when/if she calls me back.
Good Luck.

She said that she would be out until 16 June...that is 10 days past due and she still hasn't changed her voice mail to reflect her being back in the office....doesn't sound very promising!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks

longhorn_92 wrote:

Gotta love the DPS...
Surely somebody is working her files while she is on vacation. Holy Smoley....that would be nuts.

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

kd5zex wrote: I was thinking the same thing longhorn, I will see what she says when/if she calls me back.
Just got the call from DPS, bad news... Looks like I will be here for awhile longer. They are still waiting on my background check... She said it would probably be another 3 weeks at least. :lol:: I feel like the kids whose ice cream fell off the cone... Maybe I will get the plastic before dove season. Looks like my wife wins our bet... :boxing

:txflag:
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks

I think I will go ahead and put in for my renewal now. Get ahead of the rush and all. :biggrinjester:

getusumtx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by getusumtx »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I think I will go ahead and put in for my renewal now. Get ahead of the rush and all. :biggrinjester:
:iagree: :iagree: I was thinking the Same thing..........I'll just post-date the check........
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

E10
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E10 »

Some of the sweetest words you'll ever read on a government entity's web site:

"Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

Took 'em only 109 days. When I visit Austin next month, I don't have to go to the DPS office and get ignorant. Now we'll see how fast the mailman is.

Y'all keep your chins up. Wally World, here I come!

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

E10 wrote:Some of the sweetest words you'll ever read on a government entity's web site:

Took 'em only 109 days. When I visit Austin next month, I don't have to go to the DPS office and get ignorant. Now we'll see how fast the mailman is.

Congrats E10! Perhaps I need take the trip to Austin...

Be safe.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks

E10 wrote:Some of the sweetest words you'll ever read on a government entity's web site:

Congrats.

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Congratulations!

I had to do a double take, then I re-booted the computer and get back onto the DPS website again to check for a third time.....and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! He's just very, very slow!

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

wyatt
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wyatt »

Congratulations. Be safe have fun. Post about how your Wally Walk goes.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”