April Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Rub N Smoke
Posts in topic: 17

Re: April Applications

Post by Rub N Smoke »

getusumtx wrote:
Did I miss something?? I didnt Honestly think anyone was getting "Heated", was I wrong??? If I was wrong, I apoligize for any Dis-Respect... :headscratch
No..you didn't. I think he was just trying to stop things before they got heated. in the other thread, it was only a matter of minutes before it exploded and tempers raged.
Good. My whole thaught process is we are ALL in the same boat here. All of us are Brothers and Sisters hanging in the "Waiting Room" so any help or advice we can give will help us ALL in the end...We dont need to argue and fight its GOOD to have a difference of opinion... Now to the point at hand, Im still waiting after almost 80 days and still no PIN!!!! :banghead:
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

getusumtx
Posts in topic: 14

Post by getusumtx »

I posted this in another thread,but figured I'd put it in here as well
Okay..So I now know they have no clue as to whats going on in Austin. I just got off the phone with someone from the DPS(they actually called me) saying that my application would be another 60 days before it even began the background check process. They have to verify i signed all the right places,the prints were correct and my photo is okay. She also spoke incredibly fast,so im pretty sure she was reading from a list of canned responses. SO..From two different people,I got two completely different answers.....I suppose i just hope i receive it before Christmas.
:???:
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

Rub N Smoke

Post by Rub N Smoke »

getusumtx wrote:I posted this in another thread,but figured I'd put it in here as well
Okay..So I now know they have no clue as to whats going on in Austin. I just got off the phone with someone from the DPS(they actually called me) saying that my application would be another 60 days before it even began the background check process. They have to verify i signed all the right places,the prints were correct and my photo is okay. She also spoke incredibly fast,so im pretty sure she was reading from a list of canned responses. SO..From two different people,I got two completely different answers.....I suppose i just hope i receive it before Christmas.
:???:
Sounds like you need to call your Rep. Again so they will light a fire under them!!! Another 60 Days isnt acceptable to "Check Signitures", they need to get real...... :headscratch

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

Heres a copy of the letter I sent to my rep(well my reps aid):

Dear Mr. Walker,
I just wanted to send you an email(probably the easiest way to contact me) on the progress with my TX CHL. I was contacted by the DPS moments ago, and they said it would be another 60 days before they could make sure I signed the document in all the right places and that my prints and photo are acceptable. I dont understand how this can take so long.After it was accepted it would then enter the Background check phase. However,before I was contacted by you the dps,it took them two weeks to reply to my email, had replied to me stating I was already in the background check phase. This conflicting information scares me into thinking they truly have no idea where my application is , and I just received a canned response. I understand that the DPS CHL department is dealing with a 40% increase in applications this year. However, I don't see how a 40% increase can cause the statue of allowed time to more than double. Furthermore, I don't understand how this background check can take so long. I received a Secret Security clearance while I was in the Military in half the amount of time they are talking. Again,I would like to thank you and this office for you attention on this issue.

Sincerely,
Matthew M. Foster

Hmm......Wonder what they'll say now.....

Rub N Smoke

Post by Rub N Smoke »

Well said!! Good Job!! Let us know what their response is... :cheers2:

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

Received another phone call from DPS today, but I was in the middle of class and couldn't answer. When I called the lady back,I was told she had my packet in hand and was sending it off for the background check that take anywhere from 2-2.5 weeks, but couldnt give me a dif time-line. My response was,So i should have my CHL in four weeks and she said that would be worst case scenario.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 11

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

getusumtx wrote:Received another phone call from DPS today, but I was in the middle of class and couldn't answer. When I called the lady back,I was told she had my packet in hand and was sending it off for the background check that take anywhere from 2-2.5 weeks, but couldnt give me a dif time-line. My response was,So i should have my CHL in four weeks and she said that would be worst case scenario.
That time frame makes sense. Your application arrived right at a month after mine. Myself and a few others with my time frame are just now getting approved...it seems in mass. Maybe things are starting to hop down there.

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

Yeah..The lady I spoke with said they are asking they are leaning on the Background check people to expedite the checks...Maybe the surge is over and things are starting to level out.....

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I was reading some of the stories from the boys in the 'March Applications' room -- some had 90+ day waits. A few had written to their reps in Austin. How many days is a 'good' time to write? I'm at just over 60 days since my application was received in Austin.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

lphil
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lphil »

It's been over 60 days since I summited my application. So two weeks ago I sent out an email to check on my status, well today I finally recieved an email from Simone saying that their waiting on the background check. At the 90 day mark I'll make a phone call to my state rep. I'm a patient person in general, but if it takes longer I'm going to raise all kinds of heck. :mad5
On-line application 2/10/08
Received packet 2/20/08
Took class 4/13/08
Mailed packet 4/14/08
Austin recieved packet 4/17/08
Processing Application 5/1/08
Retook finger prints & mailed 7/7/08
Application Completed 08/04/08
Plastic in hand 8/8/08 - 112 Days

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kd5zex »

lphil wrote:It's been over 60 days since I summited my application. So two weeks ago I sent out an email to check on my status, well today I finally recieved an email from Simone saying that their waiting on the background check. At the 90 day mark I'll make a phone call to my state rep. I'm a patient person in general, but if it takes longer I'm going to raise all kinds of heck. :mad5
I have been waiting for 107 days now and they are still "waiting on the background check" after I have been told the background checks were complete. Its probably just a line they use to keep you from calling every day.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 15

Post by agbullet2k1 »

baseballguy2001 wrote:I was reading some of the stories from the boys in the 'March Applications' room -- some had 90+ day waits. A few had written to their reps in Austin. How many days is a 'good' time to write? I'm at just over 60 days since my application was received in Austin.
I'd say write whenever you feel you need to. I'm going to get into the practice of writing more often, since it seemed to work for my grandfather while he was alive. You don't have to ask for special treatment, if you're worried about the ethics of it. Just politely inform them of your concern and ask that they devote some attention to everyone who is having to wait too long, whether now or in the next session. That's what I did, and I'm not expecting any personal attention, but I wouldn't turn it down. This way, I think it sounds more like "concerned citizen" rather than "whiney voter."
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”