March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Re: March Applicants

Post by KaiserB »

I called to check on my application for a new CHL. It was delivered 3/21/08 according to the USPS, my status online still says "Packet Mailed to Applicant" The response from the TX DPS was "give us another 60-90 days and your application should be completed.

This response, I am sure was a canned response as the person on the phone could not confirm whether or not my application was received.

wrinkles
Posts in topic: 10

Post by wrinkles »

My packet was also delivered on 3/21/08, last I heard it was not entered into the system yet. If at 93 days they are saying they need another 60 to 90 days for completion that would put the processing time at 153-193 days.

baylor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baylor »

I am a 3/21-oner as well. Be interesting to see who gets theirs first!

Sheesh.
Paperwork arrived DPS 03/21
<crickets></crickets>

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AggieBonz02 »

Today is the 90th day following the date my check was cashed. I received my PIN# 75 days ago. The rib hasn't even received a PIN# yet which I assume means her application has not yet been entered into the "system."

Per an e-mail forwarded to my district representative 9 days ago:
The CHL Bureau is about 15-30 days behind in processing original CHL applications and 10-15 days behind in processing CHL renewal applications. These delays are the time period beyond the standard 60-day processing time for both original and renewal CHL applications. This backlog is due to a 30% increase in applications since late 2007, as noted in the attached statistics. To help remedy this backlog, the CHL Bureau has hired temporary employees and is working employees on overtime schedules.
Seems like we should be getting news soon.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

AggieBonz02 wrote:Today is the 90th day following the date my check was cashed. I received my PIN# 75 days ago. The rib hasn't even received a PIN# yet which I assume means her application has not yet been entered into the "system."

Per an e-mail forwarded to my district representative 9 days ago:
The CHL Bureau is about 15-30 days behind in processing original CHL applications and 10-15 days behind in processing CHL renewal applications. These delays are the time period beyond the standard 60-day processing time for both original and renewal CHL applications. This backlog is due to a 30% increase in applications since late 2007, as noted in the attached statistics. To help remedy this backlog, the CHL Bureau has hired temporary employees and is working employees on overtime schedules.
Seems like we should be getting news soon.
Funny...30% huh? They can't seem to get their lies straight...LOL. I thought it was a 40% increase. I bet they over exaggerated the numbers for the media and when forced to prove what they say, the real story comes out. :smilelol5:

For those without a pin. They told me in an email way back when that the application may be getting processed even though it is not yet entered in the system. I say this because one might get concerned that they don't have a pin so they are just sitting in a pile of applications. Not so according to an email response I received a few months ago. I just receive my pin a couple days ago and I am betting that my application is completed within a week. Maybe wishful thinking but we will see.

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AggieBonz02 »

Received today (June 24th) from CHL Department in response to my June 12th request for status:
"HIM": Your application was received on 3/20. Applications are taking much longer than we normally expect because of the unusually large amount of applications we received. I do not have any further information at this point, because your application has not been fully entered into the system.

"HER": Due to confidentiality reasons, we cannot provide this information to anyone other then the applicant. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-800-224-5744

Christopher Pierce

Texas Department of Public Safety
I'll have the rib send them an e-mail PDQ.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

AggieBonz02 wrote:Received today (June 24th) from CHL Department in response to my June 12th request for status:
"HIM": Your application was received on 3/20. Applications are taking much longer than we normally expect because of the unusually large amount of applications we received. I do not have any further information at this point, because your application has not been fully entered into the system.

"HER": Due to confidentiality reasons, we cannot provide this information to anyone other then the applicant. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-800-224-5744

Christopher Pierce

Texas Department of Public Safety
I'll have the rib send them an e-mail PDQ.
Your on the same time period as me. I just saw my first sign of activity last week. Yours should be seeing some activity pretty soon. I don't recall seeing the "partially entered" response before. I wonder what that means?

MrP3D
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MrP3D »

I want to thank everyone in this forum it has been very helpful to me these past few weeks and months. years it seems. I have not posted but have read many.
this is my time line.
3/14 CHL Course Took
3/15 Packet Mailed to DPS
3/18 PACKET Signed for at DPS
4/8 REQUEST/RECEIVE PIN
4/8-6-23 "PROCESSING APPLICATION"
6-24 "Application Completed - license isuued or certificate active"
6-24 waiting for plastic to come in the mail.

Wally walk pending
3/14 CHL Course Took
4/8 REQUEST/RECEIVE PIN
6-27 PLASTIC ARRIVED BY USPS

baylor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baylor »

Mine was received 03/21 by DPS so hopefully mine issued next few days. We shall see.

:headscratch
Paperwork arrived DPS 03/21
<crickets></crickets>

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 30

Post by kd5zex »

MrP3D wrote:I want to thank everyone in this forum it has been very helpful to me these past few weeks and months. years it seems. I have not posted but have read many.
this is my time line.
3/14 CHL Course Took
4/8 REQUEST/RECEIVE PIN
6-24 waiting for plastic to come in the mail.

Wally walk pending
Congrats! Enjoy your Wally Walk.
baylor wrote:Mine was received 03/21 by DPS so hopefully mine issued next few days. We shall see.

:headscratch
I am not holding my breath over here... :sleep
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

E10
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E10 »

Next time I hear about the "40% increase in applications" my response will be, "Well, then, the DPS has 40% more money to hire to 40% more employees to deal with all those applications."

wyatt

Post by wyatt »

Well being day 100 today i called the DPS first thing this morning. Only on hold about 3 minutes, was shocked expecting to wait about 45 min. I was told that we were still waiting on my second background check and to give them a little more time. 2 weeks ago i was sitting at packet mailed to applicant so I called my state rep who contacted dps on my behave and I got a call from DPS the next day telling me it would be a couple of weeks and that day my status was updated to processing application. I was hoping to get my Wally Walk in while buying some 4th of July BBQ supplies. I will still hope to have it by then. Not sure what to expect but will still have faith.
here is my time line.

02/18/08- Applied on-line
03/13/08- CLass and mailed packet
03/15/08- Packet received in Austin
06/11/08- Contacted St. Rep
06/12/08- updated to processing Application
06/25/08- day 100 and waiting.............

Good luck to everyone in the same boat.
i will keep you all updated.
look forward to seeing some Wally Walks from everyone.

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

wyatt wrote:Well being day 100 today i called the DPS first thing this morning. Only on hold about 3 minutes, was shocked expecting to wait about 45 min. I was told that we were still waiting on my second background check and to give them a little more time. 2 weeks ago i was sitting at packet mailed to applicant so I called my state rep who contacted dps on my behave and I got a call from DPS the next day telling me it would be a couple of weeks and that day my status was updated to processing application. I was hoping to get my Wally Walk in while buying some 4th of July BBQ supplies. I will still hope to have it by then. Not sure what to expect but will still have faith.
here is my time line.

02/18/08- Applied on-line
03/13/08- CLass and mailed packet
03/15/08- Packet received in Austin
06/11/08- Contacted St. Rep
06/12/08- updated to processing Application
06/25/08- day 100 and waiting.............

Good luck to everyone in the same boat.
i will keep you all updated.
look forward to seeing some Wally Walks from everyone.
Good luck in work Wally Walk endeavor. I hope to have mine by then as well... I know one day I will check the website and it will say Application Complete, when that day is remains the question. Its already looking like July and the holiday weekend will not help anything either. Good luck everyone! :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

wrinkles

Post by wrinkles »

Just received an email from my Rep's Chief of Staff saying that my application, received March 21st, was entered into the system yesterday. I now have the normal 60 day wait to look forward to. At least the was able to get some information out of them I hadn't been able to get any confirmation of them actually having my packet, from DPS via email.

Oh by the way my Rep is Pete P. Gallego.

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

I sent an email to my representative yesterday and I received a response this morning. The response is pretty close to what we have all been hearing; increase in applications, 15-30 days behind, temporary workers have been installed. It did say if I would like Rep. Kuempel to look into the status of my application to give him a call. I am going to call DPS today after lunch and see what they have to say.

ETA:Update

I held for about 8 minutes and was greeted by Lauren who transferred me to the technician who was working on my application (didn't catch the name). Got the voice mail, which stated she would be out of the office from May 12th to June 16th :eek6 . Left a message. We'll see what happens.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”