Employer says "NO!" to guns in cars.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Employer says "NO!" to guns in cars.

Post by Kalrog »

seamusTX wrote:It gets worse. Friendswood and Plano ISD have 30.06 signs on their parking lots, and police have said that they will arrest CHL holders or anyone that they catch with a firearm on their school property. I don't know if the DA would prosecute in either case.

- Jim
Has anyone filed an ORR on this issue?

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

The TSRA and some Friendswood residents made inquiries, but I don't know of any progress being made.

- Jim

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Kalrog wrote:
seamusTX wrote:It gets worse. Friendswood and Plano ISD have 30.06 signs on their parking lots, and police have said that they will arrest CHL holders or anyone that they catch with a firearm on their school property. I don't know if the DA would prosecute in either case.

- Jim
Has anyone filed an ORR on this issue?
The Friendswood I.S.D. signs came down a long while back, so I didn't send the ORR. BTW, FPD Chief Wieners is very strongly on our side. He would not have been a problem.

Chas.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I did not know that (obviously). I'm glad a reasonable solution was reached without someone having to spend a lot of money on a lawsuit.

- Jim

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

- Jim
Jim,

I had not heard that they were going to enforce them in Plano. Can you point me to where that was confirmed?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

No, sorry. It's just something I remember reading years ago, and it was hearsay at that point.

- Jim

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”