New Wilson Combat pistol

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Plink
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Plink »

Well, on the positive side, it looks like it has a less steep grip angle, and no trigger widget thingy, and at least is has an external safety, though a grip safety would be a nice addition. I think I'll pass, but Wilson is known for putting out an impressive gun.
Mike

tex45acp

Post by tex45acp »

I think Bill or his advisors have been inhaling waaay to much cleaner. No matter I would not even take the new ADP if Bill gave it to me as a gift for all the business I have given to him. I think that if you were look up the word ugly in the encylopedia, the ADP's picture would be next to it.

I must admit I am a 1911 guy.....but when I walked into my gunstore today and finally got to handle the new XD-45.....well lets just say I now am a member of the XD club. Oh, it will never replace my Wilson 1911's but as a knock around, truck carry and house protection gun....it is the perfect platform I was looking for. $475.00 with all the extra stuff really impressed me even if the extra stuff is less than great. I'll let ya know when I can burn some rounds through it, if my money was wasted or well spent. I went with the 4" all black version.
Texas.....Nuff Said!!!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

You will like it/ My son has one & he really likes it. Like you I also am 1911 confident. (My wife says I have to do everything 3 times. once to learn how, 2nd for practice, & 3rd to get it right.) JMB got it right the 1st time. ;-) I have shot his & if I did not carry a 1911, that would be my 1st look. I like it too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ThunderDownUnder

Post by ThunderDownUnder »

I saw it and looked at it for a while at the SHOT.
It's sturdy little (actually not-so-little handgun).
I thought it was well made and asked" why ?".

The similarity with a Glock 19 or Kahr came to mind.

I love Wilson 1911's but their polymer frame guns don't do much for me.
J

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”