March Applicants

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

March Applicants

Post by AggieBonz02 »

Just trying to get a handle on the status of those applicants who submitted their application sometime in March.

My fiancee and I took the course on March 15th and submitted the application and course scores March 17th. Checks were cashed on March 25th (him) and March 26th (her), indicating receipt by DPS. He received his PIN on April 9th. She has not received a PIN yet.

Some of the February applicants haven't been approved yet, while some of the April applicants have. Is there no method to their madness? It seems like FIFO would be the best policy.

Should I contact DPS, State Representative and/or Governor yet or give it a few more days?

wrinkles
Posts in topic: 10

Re: March Applicants

Post by wrinkles »

They received my application March 21st. 79 days later Jun 9th I get an email from DPS stating that my application has not been entered into the system yet.

JDKRIEK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JDKRIEK »

AggieBonz02 wrote:Should I contact DPS, State Representative and/or Governor yet or give it a few more days?
IMO, do it now, it cant hurt and I wish I had done it sooner.
KIMBER SST UCII
NRA/HCA MEMBER

4/22/08 PACKET AT DPS
5/15/08 PIN, PACKET MAILED TO APPLICANT
5/22/08 EMAILED DPS
6/10/08 EMAILED REPRESENTATIVE
6/11/08 PROCESSING APPLICATION
7/03/08 APPLICATION COMPLETED - LICENSE ISSUED OR CERTIFICATE ACTIVE
7/10/08 PLASTIC IN HAND! 80 DAYS

E10
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E10 »

I mailed my application on March 3, received the 'return receipt' indicating that it was received in Austin on March 7, and saw my status change to 'Processing Application' on March 20. Since then, SQUAT! My son, who applied about two weeks after I did, received his license two weeks ago.

I called and listened to a recording for 10 minutes, then spoke to a technician who told me he saw my application is in good order. When I remarked that there was nothing I knew of that would delay processing my license, he told me they had experienced a 40% increase in applications. When I asked how my son got his license so much more quickly than I, he replied, 'He got lucky.' I almost got ignorant with him, but thoughtfully held back my snide remarks and said, 'Well, maybe I'll get lucky soon, too,' thanked him for his time, and ended the call.

I'm hoping that because I was polite and patient, he'll move my application to the top of a stack and I'll see my status change to 'Application Complete' in a few days.

thejtrain

Post by thejtrain »

My big day was today (woohoo!) - see my sig for timeline. Seems like it varies widely, so YMMV of course. Patience is a virtue but to :grumble :waiting: is human.
:txflag:
5 Feb 2008 - completed online application
1 March 2008 - completed CHL course
5 March 2008 - package delivery @ DPS
28 March 2008 - Day 23, "Processing Application"
12 June 2008 - Day 99, "Application Completed" :thumbs2:
20 June 2008 - Day 107, plastic in hand :txflag:

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

The big day will be the day you see it in the mailbox.
Wasn't there a nice little adrenaline rush when you noticed that your status had finally changed?
NRA lifetime member

thejtrain

Post by thejtrain »

No kiddin'! Ya shoulda seen the cat-eatin-a-mouse grin that spread across my face when that popped up! I still feel like this is my big day, 'cause it's the day I was informed by the state that the day when I will get to feel normal (when the plastic arrives) will be Any Day Soon Now.

Crap. I just remembered I'll be out of town for work Sun-Wed next week. Looks like my Wally Walk will have to wait until after I get home from Kalifornia. :grumble :grumble
Unless of course it shows up Saturday (not holding my breath) and I can do the whole church-then-lunch-out-with-the-ball-&-chain-and-rugrats thing on Sunday, followed immediately by a Wally Walk either before or during rugrat naptime.
5 Feb 2008 - completed online application
1 March 2008 - completed CHL course
5 March 2008 - package delivery @ DPS
28 March 2008 - Day 23, "Processing Application"
12 June 2008 - Day 99, "Application Completed" :thumbs2:
20 June 2008 - Day 107, plastic in hand :txflag:

Topic author
AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 8

Post by AggieBonz02 »

Alright, at the recommendation of most of you on this site, I have forwarded my concerns to my state representative, Kelly Hancock, as well as a copy to DPS and Governor Perry.

We'll see what this turns up.

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longhorn_92 »

KC5AV wrote:The big day will be the day you see it in the mailbox.
Wasn't there a nice little adrenaline rush when you noticed that your status had finally changed?

I actually rubbed my eyes....then I signed off the computer. Just to make sure I was not dreaming - I signed back on and checked the website again - yep! I was not dreaming after all! Then my smile came - I had a good day yesterday - all day!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

ed3eclipse
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ed3eclipse »

:thewave YES!!! i just got my CHL today!! Awesome!! I know the rest of you guys are next. chin up, and good luck. I'm off for my wally walk. :thewave
Edward
took class on 2-16 perfect score on written and shooting
mailed off 2-28
DPS officially received 3-6-08 add 60 days = 5-6-08
Got my PIN letter on 3-18
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer
hogue grips
3.5 lb connector.

dudegreg

Post by dudegreg »

here is my timeline... :roll: - :waiting: - :grumble - :rules: - :banghead:
03/05/08 Took CHL Class
03/10/08 Mailed Packet
06/10/08 Received Pin
07/02/08 Licensed, Cocked, and Locked

rmoraes
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
One more day... :waiting:
:txflag:
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

Ninjaneer

Post by Ninjaneer »

Right now everybody's concern is rejected prints. They seem to be popping up alot lately (maybe also related due to the rise in applications). I applied in early March, got my PIN later on, then got my prints rejected during a time when my fingers were covered in blisters. I just mailed off my new prints today. Hopefully I should get my CHL before 2009.

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

I would like to know "how your son got lucky". Did the rep give any reason as to how he got lucky?
The_Vigilante
"A man can never own enough guns."

Rub N Smoke

Post by Rub N Smoke »

I actually JUST got off the phone with the "Fine Staff" at DPS and "Rene" said they were working on "March" applications right now. Hopefully that means your wait is getting shorter. :hurry: :anamatedbanana Of course that doesnt help my April application though!!! :banghead:
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”