ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Kerbouchard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Kerbouchard »

htxred wrote:heads up guys, one of my buddies said walmart is having a sale on 9mm wwb and blazer. 100rnd value pack goin for 12 bucks. i will check back tomorrow and let you guys know for sure.

i will be checking the walmart at 290/tidwell, 529/hwy 6, and 290/1960
April Fools is already over...

htxred
Posts in topic: 7

Post by htxred »

i really thought he was serious, wasnt trying to fool anyone bud.

BambooShoots
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BambooShoots »

I can't believe ammo prices these days.

I remember back in '06, when I was just starting into the shooting scene (pistols mainly; I thought I would have no "need" for a rifle), Blazer aluminum 9mm 115gr. was 4.99/50 at Academy. I had to get friends to buy pistol caliber ammo because I was underage.

Now that I'm 21, the same box is 9.99/50. Over double the price!

This isn't fair. I turn 18, and gas prices go up. I turn 21, and ammo prices go up.

:banghead:

Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I knew that even back then but didn't have the financial resouces to back it up.
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by agbullet2k1 »

BambooShoots wrote:I can't believe ammo prices these days.

I remember back in '06, when I was just starting into the shooting scene (pistols mainly; I thought I would have no "need" for a rifle), Blazer aluminum 9mm 115gr. was 4.99/50 at Academy. I had to get friends to buy pistol caliber ammo because I was underage.

This isn't fair. I turn 18, and gas prices go up. I turn 21, and ammo prices go up.

Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I knew that even back then but didn't have the financial resouces to back it up.
Same here. I turned 21 (3 years ago) and remember going to my local range in Memphis for dirt cheap. 500 rds of home rolled .40 ammo for $60. Not one misfire in over 5000 rounds. Last I checked with walmart, 100 packs on the bulk winchesters were around $30. I guess the war is affecting powder and lead prices? Oh well, small sacrifice.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

JimBob

Post by JimBob »

BambooShoots wrote:I can't believe ammo prices these days.

I bought a few cases for 3.69 per 50. I should have bought 5K or so but I was reloading at the time and an ammo snob. It was clean and high velocity. I can only look back in shame.

flb_78
Posts in topic: 24

Post by flb_78 »

I know it's a little late, but Big 5 sporting goods has Remington UMC 9mm for 8 bucks a box. On sale until May 3rd.

http://big5sportinggoods.shoplocal.com/ ... 2091710256
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

I found this list on the internet broken down to cents/round for .308 http://rifle-company.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?
Life member NRA and TSRA

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

Just an FYI, I came across this site a few days ago while I was browsing for .308 ammo prices:

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php

Registered users contribute information to the database. Seems like a pretty good idea to me, but it looks like the site would benefit from more participation. I registered and will add info from time to time.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

WillieD
Posts in topic: 17

Post by WillieD »

This is not a huge sale, but pretty decent price on .223.

The Bullet Trap in Plano has PMC Bronze .223 FMJ on sale for $6.99 per box (20 rounds). Not sure if they had any case discounts as I only had the cash to pick up 100 rounds. The only other place I have seen this price is with Natchez on a sale they are currently running. Most other places I have seen it sells if for $8+ per box.

Update: I went back in on 5/12 to replenish what I shot last weekend and the labels on the boxes were still market the sale price. When the guy went to ring it up, it was showing $9.99 per box. He honored the price posted, but they probably took the tag off after I left. I should have gone ahead and asked him for another couple hundred rounds at $6.99 per box.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

WillieD wrote:This is not a huge sale, but pretty decent price on .223.

The Bullet Trap in Plano has PMC Bronze .223 FMJ on sale for $6.99 per box (20 rounds). Not sure if they had any case discounts as I only had the cash to pick up 100 rounds. The only other place I have seen this price is with Natchez on a sale they are currently running. Most other places I have seen it sells if for $8+ per box.

Update: I went back in on 5/12 to replenish what I shot last weekend and the labels on the boxes were still market the sale price. When the guy went to ring it up, it was showing $9.99 per box. He honored the price posted, but they probably took the tag off after I left. I should have gone ahead and asked him for another couple hundred rounds at $6.99 per box.
Check this place out. http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm their prices include shipping and delivery times are usually within a few days to a week at most. I have purchased more than 40 thousand rounds from this guy. Reputable company.

JasonH
Posts in topic: 8

Post by JasonH »

Check this place out. http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm their prices include shipping and delivery times are usually within a few days to a week at most. I have purchased more than 40 thousand rounds from this guy. Reputable company.
:iagree:

I ordered some more 7.62x39 from Ammoman on Monday night and he shipped it on Tuesday morning. You just can't beat his free shipping and he is quick.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

JasonH wrote:

:iagree:

I ordered some more 7.62x39 from Ammoman on Monday night and he shipped it on Tuesday morning. You just can't beat his free shipping and he is quick.
LOL...I ordered so much ammo from him over a 2 month period, my UPS guy asked me if I was planning on going to Iraq.

WillieD
Posts in topic: 17

Post by WillieD »

FYI Sports Authority's ad in the paper today shows 15% off of ammo this week. Unfortunately their store in Lewisville does not sell ammunition any longer so I was not able to see how competitive this pricing is to other retailers.

TDDude
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TDDude »

WillieD wrote:FYI Sports Authority's ad in the paper today shows 15% off of ammo this week. Unfortunately their store in Lewisville does not sell ammunition any longer so I was not able to see how competitive this pricing is to other retailers.
There is a Sports Authority near my house. I'll have to check it out after work today and let folks know.

:coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

extremist
Posts in topic: 4

Post by extremist »

Sports Authority's prices are typically so high that even with 15% off, it is not cheaper than Walmart or Academy. :yawn

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”