Got up Stretched the Legs, called DPS

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RugerP345
Posts in topic: 4

Got up Stretched the Legs, called DPS

Post by RugerP345 »

OK so I'm starting to get a little achy sitting in this chair so I decided to get up stretch the legs and
call DPS :deadhorse: just to see what the status is on my application. After all, 90 days will be this Saturday.
I spoke to Rene who told me that everything looks ok, just waiting on background check from the Feds.
Who knows how long that takes, I'm guessing that it will be another 30 days since in the same breath
Rene explained to me that new apps. are taking 120 days to complete. Well we all know that already,
but the whole time I've been in here I've been telling myself, not me, that can’t happen to me. Well it’s
happening to me and I think I’ve come to grips with it….I think…..

To everyone who just started this most longest of waits; I have one piece of advice for you and this has
been said many times before. Don’t check you status on-line, EVER! It will only prolong your agony and
wear out your enter key!
Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny. ~ Emiliano Zapata in a Letter to Pancho Villa

Rough_Ashlar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got up Stretched the Legs, called DPS

Post by Rough_Ashlar »

looks like we're on the exact same timeline......

I was going to email them today just to see what was going on but im imagining that i would get *almost* the same response

hang in there ! we'll get there soon enough!
CHL class 02 Mar 2008
mailed packet (with cashiers check) 03 Mar 2008
Recieved by DPS 10 Mar 2008
PIN mailed to me 25 Mar 2008
DPS Website- "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
Plastic in hand 20 Jun 2008
103 days

ryoung

Post by ryoung »

That's their story and they're sticking to it. I got the same response last week when I called:

"Everthing thing looks good...We're just waiting on the background check...It's taking 90 to 120 for new applications...yada yada yada."

It's just as well, I had to send my pistol to the manufacturer; I won't see it for another 5 weeks. However, I'll bet I will see it again before I see the license to carry it.

:banghead: :waiting: :headscratch :totap:
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

waynev
Posts in topic: 3

Post by waynev »

I refuse to call or email DPS. I figure that every minute that they are answering the phone or emails is a minute taken away from processing my application.
Ben Franklin once stated that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I tend to agree with him.

Topic author
RugerP345
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RugerP345 »

waynev wrote:I refuse to call or email DPS. I figure that every minute that they are answering the phone or emails is a minute taken away from processing my application.
I used to subscribe to that same thought process, at around 60 days.
That all changed after they missed the 60 day state statute.
I figured my 1 min. phone call would not have an effect on there daily yield.
After all, they have cashed my check, the least they could do is give me
the canned response! This just lets them know that we are still alive
and kicking in the waiting room! :fire
Ignorance and obscurantism have never produced anything other than flocks of slaves for tyranny. ~ Emiliano Zapata in a Letter to Pancho Villa

ed3eclipse
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ed3eclipse »

90 days total today. still processing application. i'm so tired of waiting, i hate feeling helpless. where's the prozac. :grumble
Edward
took class on 2-16 perfect score on written and shooting
mailed off 2-28
DPS officially received 3-6-08 add 60 days = 5-6-08
Got my PIN letter on 3-18
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer
hogue grips
3.5 lb connector.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Could you guys file a civil suit or something? Breech of contract for taking more than 60 days?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

lws380

Post by lws380 »

waynev wrote:I refuse to call or email DPS. I figure that every minute that they are answering the phone or emails is a minute taken away from processing my application.
Suit yourself. I know of people that applied after you that are getting issued very soon. So while you are not calling/complaining or whatever you call it, others are getting issued before you.

BambooShoots

Post by BambooShoots »

RugerP345 wrote:OK so I'm starting to get a little achy sitting in this chair so I decided to get up stretch the legs and
call DPS :deadhorse: just to see what the status is on my application. After all, 90 days will be this Saturday.
I spoke to Rene who told me that everything looks ok, just waiting on background check from the Feds.
Who knows how long that takes, I'm guessing that it will be another 30 days since in the same breath
Rene explained to me that new apps. are taking 120 days to complete. Well we all know that already,
but the whole time I've been in here I've been telling myself, not me, that can’t happen to me. Well it’s
happening to me and I think I’ve come to grips with it….I think…..

To everyone who just started this most longest of waits; I have one piece of advice for you and this has
been said many times before. Don’t check you status on-line, EVER! It will only prolong your agony and
wear out your enter key!
I can relate to how you feel.

Mine was sent 3/25 and I recieved the plastic today.

Class was taken 3/5 but I couldn't send it in until after 3/22, when I turned 21.

My advice...keep your expectations low. I had resigned myself to waiting 90 days because of all the horror stories, but a bit after 60 days...the status of my application was changed online.
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

The wait is driving me nuts. 'Coming on 90 days and still waiting! At least we are seeing the members in February getting theirs now. :roll:
CCL Class: 1 March 08
Dropped off App to DPS: 10 March 08
Pin recieved: 2 May 08
Status: Application Complete! Awaiting Plastic after 122 Days

JDKRIEK

Post by JDKRIEK »

Gandolf wrote:The wait is driving me nuts. 'Coming on 90 days and still waiting! At least we are seeing the members in February getting theirs now. :roll:
And March apparently... which is good :thumbs2:
KIMBER SST UCII
NRA/HCA MEMBER

4/22/08 PACKET AT DPS
5/15/08 PIN, PACKET MAILED TO APPLICANT
5/22/08 EMAILED DPS
6/10/08 EMAILED REPRESENTATIVE
6/11/08 PROCESSING APPLICATION
7/03/08 APPLICATION COMPLETED - LICENSE ISSUED OR CERTIFICATE ACTIVE
7/10/08 PLASTIC IN HAND! 80 DAYS

waynev

Post by waynev »

lws380 wrote:
Suit yourself. I know of people that applied after you that are getting issued very soon. So while you are not calling/complaining or whatever you call it, others are getting issued before you.
Sorry, I forgot that sarcasm is hard to read on a computer screen. I forgot to put the :grumble or the :roll: smilie.

If I honestly thought it would do a bit of good to call or email them, I would. I don't think it will make a bit of difference. Well, actually, it might have a reverse affect than what I want.

"Hello, DPS CHL licensing, how can I help you?"

"Well, I wanted to ask why it's taking so long to do my application."

"I see. What was your name sir?"

"My name is XXXXXXX XXXXX. Can you check on that for me?"

"Sure. Hold on the line a moment, please"

*hold music*

"Sir, we are processing your application. It will be 6 to 8 weeks before you get an answer" *slides application to the bottom of pile* "Thank you and have a nice day"

This is the way my luck usually runs. :cryin :banghead:
Ben Franklin once stated that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I tend to agree with him.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

:tiphat: Are you quite sure you want to be licensed to carry a gun...with bullets in it?

waynev

Post by waynev »

See my post above yours.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

I agree, sarcasm is the highest form of humour. "rlol"

Alas, it is oftimes lost on the masses...including me. :oops:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”