Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends

Post by Keith B »

As P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every minute.' I definitely won't be subscribing, as the only folks I will want to talk to after rapture will be with me!

Charles,
Will you continue this forum once we get to the other side? ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike1951 »

This brings to mind the old joke about a man arriving in Miami a day ahead of his wife.

When he tries to call home, he reaches the wrong number of a widow whose husband had just passed away.

His message of "Sure is hot here. Expecting you tomorrow" is not well received.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Keith B wrote:As P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every minute.' I definitely won't be subscribing, as the only folks I will want to talk to after rapture will be with me!

Charles,
So . . . you think I'll be one of those left behind, do you? :totap: I know where you live Keith.

Chas.

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DoubleJ »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Keith B wrote:As P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every minute.' I definitely won't be subscribing, as the only folks I will want to talk to after rapture will be with me!

Charles,
So . . . you think I'll be one of those left behind, do you? :totap: I know where you live Keith.

Chas.
he said "we get to the other side." that was inclusive!

I wonder if anyone who signs up for this realizes that the "host" will therefore have access to their financial stuff.
CALL THE BBB!!!!
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Charles,

Chas.
You think they let attorneys into heaven? :angel:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Wow, that's some angle. Sounds like a late night infomercial. :eek6
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Charles,

Chas.
No no no, I want this forum to continue ON the other side!! :thumbs2: :hurry:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Keith B wrote: No no no, I want this forum to continue ON the other side!! :thumbs2: :hurry:
Keith - if they have servers "on the other side", then that's the WRONG side!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Crossfire wrote:
Keith B wrote: No no no, I want this forum to continue ON the other side!! :thumbs2: :hurry:
Keith - if they have servers "on the other side", then that's the WRONG side!
Well, you DO have a point there Crossfire! :smilelol5:
Keith

drw

Post by drw »

This talk about servers and forums on "the other side" reminds me of an outstanding book I read some time ago. I'm not sure if this is appropriate for the forum here or not (and if so, please edit or delete this post), but I read an outstanding book several years ago by a Christian author named Randy Alcorn. It's called "Heaven" and is readily available anywhere.

Randy talks about the resurrection and the New Earth and what the Bible actually says about "heaven". It's a phenomenal read that really opened my eyes and, for the first time ever, got me truly excited to be anticipating the resurrection of the saints. I can't recommend the book highly enough (actually, all of Randy Alcorn's books are good).

The basic premise of the book is that "in heaven" we aren't disembodied spirits but rather physical people with new and improved bodies, living on a "new earth" that is just like this one (complete with grass and trees, dirt and water), but without the curse of sin. So everlasting life truly means life in the sense that we currently know it, without pain, suffering or death. That thought, for some reason, was extremely powerful to me and gave me a real sense of excitement for the resurrection. Do yourself a huge favor and check out the book.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

drw wrote: So everlasting life truly means life in the sense that we currently know it, without pain, suffering or death. That thought, for some reason, was extremely powerful to me and gave me a real sense of excitement for the resurrection. Do yourself a huge favor and check out the book.
Well, there you have it. No servers!

tfrazier

Post by tfrazier »

Sure there will be servers in Heaven...only they'll all be running Linux since there's no suffering allowed in paradise. And there will be a free range with unlimited ammo where people only shoot Kimbers. ;-)

melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

tfrazier wrote:Sure there will be servers in Heaven...only they'll all be running Linux since there's no suffering allowed in paradise. And there will be a free range with unlimited ammo where people only shoot Kimbers. ;-)
What about us who love glocks? are we excluded from fun in heaven? or are we on target/brass duty :cryin
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Return to “Off-Topic”