Jim Pruett Gun Ad: Buy Cheap, Bury Deep!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Jim Pruett Gun Ad: Buy Cheap, Bury Deep!

Post by jmorris »

RugerP345 wrote:...
But, Andy Kahan, the crime victim's advocate for Houston's mayor, said of the gun ad, "It's just sad that we have to live in a society where you think that you have to have a firearm just to keep you and your family safe."
I like the dig he gets in there for gun owners. It's not that we need a firearm, it's just that we think we do.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

I know Jim pretty well, he is a great guy

Back when KLOL flipped to latino me and my wife joined a grass roots effort of about 12 people that fought for our 34 year old radio station, we actually managed to make enough noise that it attracted the attention of another large corporation that started KIOL, but alas the alure of money over music won out and they turned to a "JACK" station...(BOOOO HISSSS!)

I even started volunteering at the Stevens and Pruett Ranch down in Pearland (I don't get to go out there because its a 40+ mile one way drive from Baytown..uggh 1/2), I helped with the Outlaw Dave ride for the Ranch on many occasions, but alas OLD got moved aside in order to make more money by letting a computer DJ... :mad5

I took my CHL class thru Jim Pruetts' class and it is INCREDIBLY informative and not some fly by night mom and pop setup..they are very professional, very proficient, and they whole heartedly believe that getting firearms in the hands of GOOD people are the best solution to crime, their entire operation is motivated by this and this is why it flows so smoothly and efficiently..they have people that care what they do, not just in it for a quick buck...I even bought my WASR from him.

Jim means buy em cheap and stash em deep because if we put the wrong person in office I can almost guarantee another no holds barred anti-gun whitewash ban will hit the books, we all know it wont do a darn thing to curb crime, it will just drive prices thru the roof and make it easier for the badguys to find their victims because they KNOW they will be disarmed

Didn't mean to toot my own horn..but not many people know that I personally fought for my city.

P.S. The ranch is still there...and they still need help and volunteers..in fact moreso now that the biggest mouthpieces for the ranch and the boys has been taken off the air
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lunchbox »

im in friendswood what do they do at the ranch????
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

lunchbox wrote:im in friendswood what do they do at the ranch????
They take care of wayward boys (cps and whatnot) and animals..they get some funding from the state for the boys..but the animals comes out of pocket

The administrator and house mom are the most incredible women you will ever know..hearts of gold and the strength and willpower of 10 men (they have to to keep the ranch running with all those boys and stuff)

http://www.rocktheranch.com/

Thats a better description..its been a while since the site has been updated but you will get the point
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

sweet deal glad their are still people out there trying to make a differance
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

eric

Post by eric »

Is this the same Jim pruett that was with Stevens on the radio in dallas in the late 80's with the funny jokes?

ProudNativeTexican

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

one in the same................
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

eric

Post by eric »

back in Dallas in late 80's, they made my long ride on crawling freeways easy with the funny stuff and was always in good mood when I got there, then I think they got fired for some reason. They used to do joke-offs at clubs and the best joke would win money. The ride was not so fun when they left.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

We miss ya Jim, get back on the dial!!!
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

tarkus

Post by tarkus »

RugerP345 wrote:Owner Jim Pruett said, "We certainly don't mean -- buy your guns, shoot the criminals and bury them deep. Not in your back yard. No, that's not the intent of that. But it's a fun thing to think about."
"rlol"
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

Cuda

Post by Cuda »

You gotta love Jim for telling it as it is. Great family awsome class.

And if you took his class you are know as Warriors. He even makes you say it a few times at the range . Be great if we could get a lot of Pruett type guys in Congress this year.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

:iagree:

good luck with that

BigDan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BigDan »

Cuda wrote:And if you took his class you are know as Warriors. He even makes you say it a few times at the range.
When did he start that? I took my class in 2005 and I don't remember that. LOL.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Fr. TX Rep. Suzanna Hupp
!حان أن أحصل على بعض

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

BigDan wrote:When did he start that? I took my class in 2005 and I don't remember that. LOL.
For a while (maybe a year and a half?) starting May 2005, Jim hosted a live call-in show on KFNC-FM along with former Stevens and Pruett sidekick Brian Shannon. A regular segment that developed was a weekly guest spot with Brian Hoffner (http://www.hoffners.com/info.htm). Jim also carries Brian's products in his store (http://www.jimpruett.net/Home/).

One of Hoffner's mottos is: "Life is a battle, train to win, fight with a vengeance, never quit." The "Warrior Mindset" came from Hoffner, and it became part of a brief introduction Jim does for the classes; started in 2006, I think. Here's Hoffner's "Code of the Warrior" article. So there's a method to Jim's madness. :smile:

How's that for more than you wanted to know? ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

jpierce30

Post by jpierce30 »

We sure could use Jim on the radio and TV now in this election year to help get our side some time. I have been trying to "buy cheap and bury deep" ever since I found out that our election choice would be a Democrat or a Socalist.
More power to Pruett's Guns and Ammo and Jim Pruett!!!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”