Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

glocklvr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by glocklvr »

So, I can assume that it might be a little too risky to go ask the pimply faced kid behind the gun counter if they have any "CHL Specials"?

I got carded for ammo by the cashier 1 day and showed them my CHL because it is in the fromt of my wallet with my DL behind it. I got a really funny look then she asked to see my DL.
It is easier to get an airport security clearance than a CHL

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

Bump so it don't fall off front page
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

DSARGE
Posts in topic: 2

Wally Walk

Post by DSARGE »

Made the Wally Walk! Ate at McDonalds, and went to the sporting goods. I couldn't buy ammo, as they were remodeling, but did get some Hopps and patches. Also took it a step further and did the "HEB Two Step". Great to have plastic in hand!! :woohoo
I found the Lord again--although he never lost me!

Will938

Post by Will938 »

longtooth wrote:Good job 300. When most of us started there was no 1st outing tradition. We just left the house.
I almost never go to walmart and it was the first place I went.

I cheated though, just a P3AT, no problem whatsoever.

neal6325

Re: Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

Post by neal6325 »

300shooter wrote:I took this from another site and added to it abit

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

CHECK

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

CHECK

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

CHECK - Even took the 6 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter with me.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

CHECK (I think) Did not take the wife but chased the kids up and down the toy isle...does it count if my son was fighting another kid for the last red Power Ranger?

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

CHECK - bought 300 rounds of WWB, 9mm for just over $50. Which I managed to carry around single bagged worring the whole time the bag would tear and I would have 300 rounds rolling around the isle. Crawled on the floor to get the 2 yr old out of the clothing racks and reached to get toys off the top shelf with no panic from the desperate housewives with children.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

CHECK - THEY WERE ALL BUSY, what Walmart have you been to that they are not?

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

CHECK - Ok, no Onion rings but, Chicken nuggets that come in the Mickey D's HAPPY MEAL look like nachos and are just as crunchy, they have dipping sauce, does that count?
7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

CHECK

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

CHECK - offered to help jump start the Security car but they had it covered.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

CHECK - No fall but chasing the kids had me up, down and side ways and at one point running after one while carrying the other one - maintained concealment except for the Ouch - daddy, what is that poking my leg?

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode
CHECK - taking a 2yr old daughter to the mens room twice has to be a valid substitute all the while a 6 yr old is crowded in the stall with us.

Do I qualify or do I have to "re-do" :cheers2:
CHL Instructor, Member NRA (Life), TSRA, GOA, IDPA, FFL holder, Veteran (USN) and of course a proud TEXAS native.

DSARGE
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DSARGE »

neal6325,
I think you're good!
I found the Lord again--although he never lost me!

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

glocklvr wrote:
So, I can assume that it might be a little too risky to go ask the pimply faced kid behind the gun counter if they have any "CHL Specials"?

I got carded for ammo by the cashier 1 day and showed them my CHL because it is in the fromt of my wallet with my DL behind it. I got a really funny look then she asked to see my DL.
Carded for ammo?? Why would they do that? Were you in Texas? The walmart here in Alvin usually has a couple guys working in the Sporting goods section and they seem very knowledgeable. Never give me a hassle and let em play with the rifles on several occasions.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

rx9790 wrote:Carded for ammo?? Why would they do that?
You have to be at least 21 to buy hangun ammo and 18 for any ammo. If you don't look 21 ...

- Jim

LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

funny, I just did that tonight only I went to both SAMS and Walmart and had my 7 yr old and the wife.

I was ready to shoot both of THEM by the time the day was over. Got a good deal on a case of wine coolers though. :)

Even did the restroom thing. I wear a shoulder rig. No problems. Used one of those sanitized liners for the first time in my life. Someone pooed all over the seat and i HAD to go. Had greasy chinese food about an hour before. Told the wife i had to use one of the liners and she just died laughing. I'm one of those guys that does NOT like to go any place other than his own throne.

i also recommend wearing a new holster around the house for a while before going out with it. The first time i put on my shoulder rig i realized about an hour into it that it wasn't adjusted right and was making my shoulder ACHE. Glad i discovered that at home.

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

seamusTX wrote:
rx9790 wrote:Carded for ammo?? Why would they do that?
You have to be at least 21 to buy hangun ammo and 18 for any ammo. If you don't look 21 ...

- Jim
and Some Walmarts card everyone. So, as to not profile and have a record of everyone. One of our 4 locals do it everytime.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

EASTTEXGLOCKER

queen city , atlanta, bloomburg ?

Post by EASTTEXGLOCKER »

I just run across this thread tonight. I remember most of those big towns ,cities, just kidding. I WENT thru bloomburg a lot of times use to stop at a grocery store on south side of downtown when I was heading eastbound . TOTE9 . LT & KEVIN I AM VERY AWARE of where those places are been through most you all mentioned . I had microwave site that I maintained for 15 years at the big city of BRIGHT STAR, AR ,also at texarkana like I told kelvin in a earlier thread. Maybe we could start some kind of like AA OR WWA.
(WALLY WORLD ANONYMOUS) CLUB !!! I TOO HAVE THIS ADDICTION.
We always have time for things we put first !!!

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

Anyone think we ought to Sticky this thread to provide future CHL holders with a good test? I haven't done the walk myself yet, waiting for the CHL.

drinks

Post by drinks »

When I had 20 acres , on Line creek, 3/4 mile from AR and 3 miles from LA, Walmart had a big sporting goods area, still sold handguns.
Bogie's went out of business because of Walmart.
The last time I checked, there were gun shops in Atlanta, Queen City and Linden, so there are still alternatives to Walmart.
NRA, TSRA, CCRKBA, SAF, JPFO, Def-Con, GOA and CBA.

Rub N Smoke

Post by Rub N Smoke »

Ok, That was GREAT!! I printed the rules, Ive picked the Wally World to go to..... Now for the license!!!! I CANT WAIT!!! :chldancing
06 April 08: Class completed.
07 April 08: Paperwork sent.
11 April 08: Packet opened/ check cashed by DPS.
( 107 days License in hand!!)

Morgan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Morgan »

Can we do the WW at Super Target? I DETEST wal-mart.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”