Can we trust McCain?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Synergy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can we trust McCain?

Post by Synergy »

Oh, I'm sorry.

I didn't know an abbreviation can be considered to be so offensive.

Synergy

Post by Synergy »

DoubleJ wrote:Your abbreviation does not conform to the language rules posted at the top of EVERY page.

Okay, I censored it.

In the mean time I'm going to look for a different forum. This place looks lame.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Jason73 wrote:Why on God's green earth would I vote for the one guy who wants to take away my constitutional rights?
I hear you but look at all of the people who voted for him in the primaries.

We're still talking about McCain, right?
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

flb_78
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flb_78 »

boomerang wrote:
Jason73 wrote:Why on God's green earth would I vote for the one guy who wants to take away my constitutional rights?
I hear you but look at all of the people who voted for him in the primaries.

We're still talking about McCain, right?

+1 "rlol"
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Synergy wrote:Okay, I censored it.

In the mean time I'm going to look for a different forum. This place looks lame.
I'm sorry you feel this way, especially since you've only been here one day. If you stick around a while, we may grow on you, at least some of us may grow on you. :lol: The reason we have the rule on profanity is set out in the Mission Statement, which reads in part:
Mission Statement wrote:Mission Statement:

. . .

Also, this is a "G" rated forum; please don't use any language (or substitutes like @#%$& or abbreviations). We want to encourage women (thus the Ladies Forum) and young people to educate themselves about lawful use of firearms, including the use of firearms in self-defense. That goal is furthered by avoiding language that many may find offensive.

. . .

I am very serious about getting more women and young people involved in TexasCHLforum. While I’d rather not read off-color language in posts, for the most part I’m not personally offended by language I see on other forums, so long as it’s not part of a personal attack. However, many women are quickly turned off by foul language and will avoid what can be an excellent resource. (Also, parents will not refer their kids to a web site that allows or tolerates vulgar language.) The members represent a wealth of training, experience and expertise that can be invaluable to the ladies, but we have to make them feel welcome. Many of the members know me personally, most do not. Among those that know me, relatively few know why getting more women involved is more than a goal for me, it’s a quest. So, if we guys have to refrain from using some of the more colorful language we’d use over beer and burgers, then so be it. It’s for a good cause. (We can use the more descriptive language when we meet at the range and swap lies about our shooting prowess!)

I hope this helps to explain the goals for TexasCHLforum and why I believe we have to operate by a bit tighter standard.

Thanks for registering and welcome to TexasCHLForum,
Chas.
I'll be the first to agree that some of the abbreviations frequently used seem pretty benign. The Moderators discussed this at length more than once. The insurmountable problem is deciding which abbreviations to allow and which to prohibit. The Moderators can't even agree where the line should be drawn, so how could be expect to appear fair to 3,000+ members? Please understand that the rule wasn't created on a whim, nor was it thrown in simply because we can. It is part of an overall effort to get more women and young people to participate in the forum and in so doing, become better educated about firearms, self-defense and the law.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Obviously he has not read some of the threads and postings here. They are far from lame.

I hope he finds a home where he can reside.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

testersbc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by testersbc »

unfortunately the media is deciding the outcome of this one. Everyone knows us "bitter Americans" are too stupid to know what is best for our families. GOD help us!!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”