Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

StrykerDM
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by StrykerDM »

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

there we go...that'll make it easy for all those looking for a good quality holster that works :thumbs2:

AggieBonz02
Member deactivated at member's request
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AggieBonz02 »

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

StrykerDM wrote:http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

there we go...that'll make it easy for all those looking for a good quality holster that works :thumbs2:
I realize I may be off topic a little bit but I was hoping for some words of advice on holsters. I haven't even received my plastic yet and I have already managed to accumulate 300 bucks worth of holsters that I don't like. I have dunlap disease and the comfort factor is somewhat lacking. I really am not the baggy pants, shirt untucked kind of guy. I even like to tuck in my T-shirts. My work attire is usually dress slacks and dress shirts. I tried the ankle option but it cuts the blood off to my foot and after it turns blue I begin to walk funny. The crossbreed tuckable looks to have possibilities. How does it work for others inflicted by dunlap?

aardwolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aardwolf »

I need a heavier shirt when I use a tuckable holster. Normal dress shirts are a little too thin to conceal well. If you can see a color change in your dress shirt where your undershirt sleeve stops, a gun will also show through. Heavier woven shirts are opaque enough and also the heavier fabric hides the shape of a concealed gun better. I wish it was easier to find heavyweight golf shirts because those are good with a tuckable holster.
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

doc540
Posts in topic: 10

Post by doc540 »

Colt Detective Special w/new Jim Badger boot grips

http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

kicker

Post by kicker »

Walther PPk/S two tone

TexaNurse
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexaNurse »

NEW RUGER LCP

starrbuck

Post by starrbuck »

Made a couple of purchases at the Fort Worth Gun Show last weekend. For the wife, there's a Smith & Wesson 642, and for myself, a Springfield XD .40 Sub-Compact. Sorry for the quality of the pic. It was taken with my iPhone right after we got home and took them out of the box. For carry, I'm using the same Crossbreed Super-Tuck that I used with my XD Service 9mm and my wife can't carry yet until she takes the class later this summer.

Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 64

Post by longtooth »

Nice set up. Thanks for the PM.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've added a new one to my daily carry armory - a new 642 with a Desantis "Nemesis" pocket holster which I just bought this morning. Since I've started my business, I find myself increasingly in situations where wearing an untucked shirt isn't really appropriate so I needed a pocketable solution, and my 3" Kimber is a just a tad too large and heavy for that.

I also bought some Remington +P 125 grain Golden Sabers for it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

camjr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by camjr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've added a new one to my daily carry armory - a new 642 with a Desantis "Nemesis" pocket holster which I just bought this morning. Since I've started my business, I find myself increasingly in situations where wearing an untucked shirt isn't really appropriate so I needed a pocketable solution, and my 3" Kimber is a just a tad too large and heavy for that.

I also bought some Remington +P 125 grain Golden Sabers for it.
Now that you've got a Nemesis for it, check out a Mika. Outstanding holster for the 642. and LOTS of people swear by them.

I carry 135+p Speer Gold Dot's for short barrel revolvers in mine. I find I'm carrying the 642 in the Mika more than anything else now, with a couple of Bianchi Speed Strips in the opposite pocket. I tried a speedloader, but find I like the strips better.

Cheers!

texasmr2
Posts in topic: 10

Post by texasmr2 »

A close friend of mine is coming into town tomorrow and want's a powerful yet lightweight ankle carry, he just recieved his CHL plastic today :thumbs2:, so I steered him toward's a 642 airweight. What I need to findout is if there are any shop's here in town, Houston, that carry ankle holster's?
Peace Officer

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

Now I can finally post my daily carry now that my collection is complete. :anamatedbanana

That's my recently acquired Walther P99AS 9mm with 3 15-round magazines loaded with Winchester Rangers and a CTAC. Keeping it company is the Gerber semi-serrated pocket knife and my also recently acquired LG. Good thing I can still carry on my TN permit...

OK, I'm done gloating now. It is very interesting to see what combinations work for different people.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

nativenyerintexas

Post by nativenyerintexas »

When I get my CHL, this is what I'll be carrying:

The first holster is a Safariland 6377 and is probably too bulky for warmer months carrying but will be fine in the winter since I'm on a motorcycle year round. The other holster is a WRB IWB. I won't be carrying all the magazines, just one extra. For a belt I use 2" tubular webbing used for rock climbing. It doesn't stretch, slide or deform when worn excesively, like leather does. And it's a lot stronger, about 8,000 pounds worth. Best yet, it's cheap... $0.79 per foot.

Does anyone else carry a Px4? What rig do you use? I plan on ordering another Safariland in the next few days, a left handed version, since I walk with a cane on my right side all the time and I can shoot with either hand.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
--- Benjamin Franklin

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 19

Post by NcongruNt »

So my daily carry has grown recently to include my new Ruger LCP.

Currently looking for a pocket holster for the LCP, carrying it in a 5.11 Holster Shirt for now.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”