ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Sangiovese
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

Post by Sangiovese »

I realize this thread is pretty old, but with the summer "blockbuster movie season" approaching, I think it might be a good opportunity to make a point to corporations like this.

How much organization would it take to get a large group together and buy advance tickets for a show that is guaranteed to be a sell-out? Show up 5 minutes prior to the start... And then "notice" the signs.

Since they are barring you from entry based on something that was not evident when you purchased the tickets (I'm thinking online advance purchase), they have to give everyone a refund. And now they have an empty screening that would have otherwise been sold out. And, it is too late for them to resell those seats.

100 people could pull it off (30 of us and our families) at an individual theater. They would lose the $800 in admission along with all the concessions. Pretty severe hit for them. And I guarantee that there would be theater owners screaming at corporate. And those voices will carry much more weight than the emails that we send to their PR folks.

Just a thought...
NRA Endowment Member. Texas LTC Instructor. NRA certified Pistol & Home Firearm Safety Instructor - Range Safety Officer

Any comments about legal matters are general in nature and are not legal advice. Nothing posted on this forum is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship.

camjr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by camjr »

Greybeard wrote:This thread got me curious to see if brand spanking new AMC at FM 2499 and FM 407 in Flower Mound is posted, so I dropped by there yesterday morning when it was closed. From looking at and in the windows, I saw no gun-related signage whatsoever.

But that still does not make me think we need to run down there some evening and shell out $8.00 per head for the latest and greatest flick ...
I was there last night. No compliant 30.06 sign -- only a small 6" square "gunbusters" sign on the bottom of each door (I had to look hard just to see it). Me, my wife, and the IWB XD40 enjoyed the movie.

Cheers!

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Good to hear I did not miss something - although not much of a movie-goer. ' Glad the plastic is serving you and the family out there ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Briankey
Banned

Criminals invited

Post by Briankey »

Wwwweelllll, Looks like I'll be waiting for the movie to come out on DVD.
What their really saying is, AMC caters to the criminals who will bring their guns to the Theaters, while Law abiding citizens leave them in the cars.
I like Rambo Movies, AMC thinks Rambo is Family Oriented?. Hhhmm!!!

sylus27

Post by sylus27 »

AMC 30 at Dunvale and Westheimer is 30.06 posted. They've got one in every other door at the main entrance. From what I'm hearing not all the AMC's have posted the correct signage, but this looks legal.
April 2008 - Packet received by DPS
August 2008 - Plastic in hand!
April 2013 - Renewal packet submitted

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

Sangiovese wrote:I realize this thread is pretty old, but with the summer "blockbuster movie season" approaching, I think it might be a good opportunity to make a point to corporations like this.

How much organization would it take to get a large group together and buy advance tickets for a show that is guaranteed to be a sell-out? Show up 5 minutes prior to the start... And then "notice" the signs.

Since they are barring you from entry based on something that was not evident when you purchased the tickets (I'm thinking online advance purchase), they have to give everyone a refund. And now they have an empty screening that would have otherwise been sold out. And, it is too late for them to resell those seats.

100 people could pull it off (30 of us and our families) at an individual theater. They would lose the $800 in admission along with all the concessions. Pretty severe hit for them. And I guarantee that there would be theater owners screaming at corporate. And those voices will carry much more weight than the emails that we send to their PR folks.

Just a thought...
I'm surprised we havn't thought of this earlier. (might have, but I don't remember seeing it on the forums) It would be awsome if we could get something like this across the entire state, or at least in all the major cities. Now we just have to wait for that big movie to come out, and plan our returns :evil2:

Let's show them that they will be losing a decent percentage of revenue
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

bevans
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bevans »

OK so the theatre at Dunvale and Westhiemer is posted , are they the correct size and lettering as this post has shown some of the others are posted but are not valid .Givin that the summer movie season is here and both my children are gonna want to see several of the coming movies ,this is a theatre we are comfortable with.
I used to think my dad was wrong about everything but as I get older I realize that he was dead on

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

Went to see Iron Man today at the Irving Mall AMC. Yep they also have the 30.06 signs on both entrances. They have the correct wording. Problem is that they were on approximately 8 1/2 by 11 plastic stickers, lettering was too small. :lol: OK movie.

DParker
Banned

Post by DParker »

Personally, $12 for a large drink and crappy nachos is enough to keep me out an AMC theater :mrgreen:

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

DParker wrote:Personally, $12 for a large drink and crappy nachos is enough to keep me out an AMC theater :mrgreen:
I'll +1 that comment. But that's assuming you think the movies are worth seeing in the first place. Last movie I saw in a theater was Sweeny Todd, and the guy behind me was making sarcastic comments the whole time. Would have enjoyed myself had it not been for him. I prefer to get Netflix and pay $17 a month to see all the movies I want 3 months after they come out in theaters, in the comfort of my own home, with cheaper concessions, and cushier seating. I have yet to see a movie that has come out in the last 2 years that I would have actually felt justified paying a theater to see.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

DParker
Banned

Post by DParker »

agbullet2k1 wrote:I'll +1 that comment. But that's assuming you think the movies are worth seeing in the first place. Last movie I saw in a theater was Sweeny Todd, and the guy behind me was making sarcastic comments the whole time. Would have enjoyed myself had it not been for him.
I hear that. Now that you mention it, it's probably just as well that I haven't been carrying into theathers. I might well have left a string of bodies behind me still clutching the cell phone they were too stupid/inconsiderate to turn off.
I prefer to get Netflix and pay $17 a month to see all the movies I want 3 months after they come out in theaters, in the comfort of my own home, with cheaper concessions, and cushier seating. I have yet to see a movie that has come out in the last 2 years that I would have actually felt justified paying a theater to see.
I take that same approach for most movies, but there are some that just demand to be be seen on the big screen. Peter Jackson's version of King Kong was actually worth it.

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

agbullet2k1 wrote:I prefer to get Netflix and pay $17 a month to see all the movies I want 3 months after they come out in theaters, in the comfort of my own home, with cheaper concessions, and cushier seating.
:iagree:

Not only cushier seating but cleaner too!
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

eric

Post by eric »

I wunder if the texas legislature is working on laws to stop this nonsense about prohibited places chl holders can carry. The best i can figure is that the people who make these rules for their company are restricted from conceal carry because of felony convictions or other. Why else would they do it?

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

eric wrote:I wunder if the texas legislature is working on laws to stop this nonsense about prohibited places chl holders can carry.
Not really...But there are enough of us bringing a proper and reasonable notice to this fact...I say we should keep the pressure on and vote from the rooftops (figuratively speaking of course)...
The best i can figure is that the people who make these rules for their company are restricted from conceal carry because of felony convictions or other. Why else would they do it?
Those people are basically the insurance companies and corporate lawyer types...A dangerous combination if you ask me...

I noticed the AMC Gulfpoint 30 theater nearest us is posted...At first it was an 8.5 x 11 sheet of office paper attached to several doors in the entrance area to the lobby of the theater...It was worded correctly, yet the size was not per the law...But I feel they have effectively notified us, thus we do not spend our entertainment money there...I used the gift card my brother gave us for Christmas there to not let it go to waste (as the money was already spent...

And when we did go there recently, the paper notifications were replaced by a plastic laminated engraved sign of the same size, contrast and letter size, which was not compliant with the law...

I would say that we should not necessarily change the law, but place severe penalties and liability with businesses that post incorrectly, and do not provide adequate security all around the premises, including the parking lots if they so choose to post the 30.06 restrictions...

I believe they have every right to do so, but it should come with extreme penalties and accountability for doing so...

I went the other night over there, and I have never seen so much transient foot traffic of gang banging thugs wandering around that "entire" parking lot...We kept driving and went back during the day...

I'm glad our gift card is expended now...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

bevans

Post by bevans »

Went to the Regal theaters[EDWARDS]on 59and wesalyn tonite with my family to see speed racer and they have the typical ghostbusters and signs that are non compliant in every other box office window.By non-compliant I mean they are worded to the effect "NO HANDGUNS ALLOWED< NO CONCEALED HANDGUNS ALLOWED" and then the ghostbusters signs.I just didnt pay much attention to them but there is no way i am going to AMC at dunvale ever again. :rules:
I used to think my dad was wrong about everything but as I get older I realize that he was dead on

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”