Getting tired of waiting.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Disturbed
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Getting tired of waiting.

Post by Disturbed »

It seems this post helped things out a bit. I"M THE PROUND NEW OWNER OF PLASTIC!!!!
Class 1/26/08
Plastic: 5/15/08

wally walk here i come.
George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

ed3eclipse
Posts in topic: 11

Post by ed3eclipse »

still waiting. dang it.... 72 days and counting now.

ED3

I too have been waiting too long. 67 days today. They received my pin, they say they started the process on 3-6-08, todays already 5-13. I called and they said that they are VERY behind and it could easily take another month. God i hope she was exaggerating. At least you're allowed to carry your gun in your car now thanks to the Castle Doctrine Bill. As long as it's concealed and you haven't just committed a crime. To you guys that have been here awhile, is taking this long a good sign as far as approval?

Edward
took class on 2-18 perfect score on written and shooting
dps received 3-6-08
today is 5-13. :banghead:
Edward
took class on 2-16 perfect score on written and shooting
mailed off 2-28
DPS officially received 3-6-08 add 60 days = 5-6-08
Got my PIN letter on 3-18
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer
hogue grips
3.5 lb connector.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Instead of working hard at getting caught up, the "gubment wurkers" are now busy making "running behind" their new slogan. What needs to happen is a mass influx of complaint letters and law suites for violating our constitutional rights. Any other branch of the government that pulled this garbage would be blistered in the press....for example welfare checks. What if the DL department just threw up it's hands and said "Oh well, we are running behind, lots of renewals and new drivers lately. Guess you can't drive"? There would be up risings in the press. But since we are talking "evil handguns" here...it just gets worse by the day. :mad5

mondo2000
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mondo2000 »

dukesean wrote:I have thought that one way we could ensure that the 60 day limit is met is to shift the burden of proof of DENYING a permit onto the state, instead of putting the burden of proof of eligibility on the applicant. In other words, if after 60 days DPS cannot find any reason (except in the case of missing paperwork/incomplete application) to deny the application, then they MUST issue the permit.
I agree. We should contact all our legislatures for this amendment to be passed.

.40calMedic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by .40calMedic »

So does anyone have links to contact district reps, legislators, governor, congressmen/women, senators, city council members? What about getting a generic letter drafted that everyone could copy/paste and email/snail mail? Honestly, I personally don't think a mass influx of CHLer outcry will happen unless its easy to initiate. Not that I dont think CHLers in general are passionate about our rights, obviously we are and we've all made the very personal decision to exercise that right. But our worlds are busy with work, school, famlies, etc. but it is very feasible to get the ball rolling on this! Maybe we can even sway the Dem's with a quote from Obama himself..."Change we can believe in" or whatever the new "change" quote of the day is :mrgreen:

Jared
Feb 21st - Complete CHL Course
Complete Packet Mailed Few Days Later
Unknown When DPS Received Packet
PIN # Rec'd April 10th
Plastic In Hand: In Transit?

Plato

Post by Plato »

It should indeed go faster IMO, but take heart guys they are working on em. I finally got mine after 81 days.

"Processing Application" 2/25 - 3/14
New Plastic in hand 3/17

:txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

.40calMedic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by .40calMedic »

I agree Plato. Think about if you were in the same position, folks. You work 40+ hours a week shuffling papers all day, for average pay, stressed out management staff, and absolutely no incentive to do your job efficiently and accurately. As much as I am appalled at the broken system (home state, CHL took 1 month max w/ background check)...i'm sure they're trying to the best of their ability (albeit possibly limited in some cases). I think it ultimately comes down to the politicians, and we should hold THEM accountable for fixing a broken system.

:txflag:
Feb 21st - Complete CHL Course
Complete Packet Mailed Few Days Later
Unknown When DPS Received Packet
PIN # Rec'd April 10th
Plastic In Hand: In Transit?

03Lightningrocks

.40calMedic wrote:I agree Plato. Think about if you were in the same position, folks. You work 40+ hours a week shuffling papers all day, for average pay, stressed out management staff, and absolutely no incentive to do your job efficiently and accurately. As much as I am appalled at the broken system (home state, CHL took 1 month max w/ background check)...i'm sure they're trying to the best of their ability (albeit possibly limited in some cases). I think it ultimately comes down to the politicians, and we should hold THEM accountable for fixing a broken system.

That is total BULL. They are "kept" government workers with bloated paychecks and they are not doing their jobs properly. This garbage would not be happening if they were doing their jobs properly. The signs of disorganization are all over the place. If everyone were getting processed in order I might have to think they are poor overworked folks...but nope...the process is all over the map.

I am sick of everyone crying we should blame the politicians. That is nothing more than a sorry excuse for not taking responsibility as individuals. What in the world happened to the good old fashion work ethic?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
.40calMedic wrote:I agree Plato. Think about if you were in the same position, folks. You work 40+ hours a week shuffling papers all day, for average pay, stressed out management staff, and absolutely no incentive to do your job efficiently and accurately. As much as I am appalled at the broken system (home state, CHL took 1 month max w/ background check)...i'm sure they're trying to the best of their ability (albeit possibly limited in some cases). I think it ultimately comes down to the politicians, and we should hold THEM accountable for fixing a broken system.

That is total BULL. They are "kept" government workers with bloated paychecks and they are not doing their jobs properly. This garbage would not be happening if they were doing their jobs properly. The signs of disorganization are all over the place. If everyone were getting processed in order I might have to think they are poor overworked folks...but nope...the process is all over the map.

I am sick of everyone crying we should blame the politicians. That is nothing more than a sorry excuse for not taking responsibility as individuals. What in the world happened to the good old fashion work ethic?
And how do you know that they are "kept' government workers with bloated paychecks"? Can you quote how their salary range compares to other like jobs in other areas? Just because you work for the state doesn't mean you have bloated pay. I can tell you that there are a lot of clerical/administrative jobs in the private sector that pay better and have just as good or better benefits. My Brother-In-Law is a corrections officer for the state prison system in Missouri, and I guarantee you he doesn't make what they should be paid.

The folks in the office are working under the restrictions of budget and head count. The budget comes from the state funding. Until someone from above pushes the buttons to get them the extra money and help (it has been reported they now have 12 additional temporary workers) then the process will drag on as is and they will do the best they can.

I am sure they would welcome the extra help if you want to go down and volunteer to assist in processing apps! ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks

Keith B wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

And how do you know that they are "kept' government workers with bloated paychecks"? Can you quote how their salary range compares to other like jobs in other areas? Just because you work for the state doesn't mean you have bloated pay. I can tell you that there are a lot of clerical/administrative jobs in the private sector that pay better and have just as good or better benefits. My Brother-In-Law is a corrections officer for the state prison system in Missouri, and I guarantee you he doesn't make what they should be paid.

The folks in the office are working under the restrictions of budget and head count. The budget comes from the state funding. Until someone from above pushes the buttons to get them the extra money and help (it has been reported they now have 12 additional temporary workers) then the process will drag on as is and they will do the best they can.

I am sure they would welcome the extra help if you want to go down and volunteer to assist in processing apps! ;-)
If I thought they would welcome my help, I would be all over it. The first thing I would do is organize the process, so that the applications are processed in order. ;-)

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
If I thought they would welcome my help, I would be all over it. The first thing I would do is organize the process, so that the applications are processed in order. ;-)
Just volunteer. They can say "Yes" or they can say "No".

However, volunteer labor would not be put in charge to "organize the process".

ed3eclipse

Post by ed3eclipse »

Day 76.......... :mad5 :waiting: :mad5

Edward
Edward
mailed off 2-28
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer
hogue grips
3.5 lb connector.

03Lightningrocks

ed3eclipse wrote:Day 76.......... :mad5 :waiting: :mad5

Edward
I did another email request for a pin today. Same old garbage....blah blah blah...not entered in system. So I sent a follow up asking if there was a problem or if my application is lost since it's been over 60 days. They sent me another email telling me it takes 90-120 days. I guess we just have to get glad in the same pants we got mad in. :grumble

The_Vigilante

Post by The_Vigilante »

I have a friend who recently took the class with his wife. He tells me his wife received her CHL in 3 weeks!!! Makes you wonder what is going on?
The_Vigilante
"A man can never own enough guns."

ed3eclipse

Post by ed3eclipse »

WOW. i thought it was 60 days....

The process time for the 1st time license is 90-120 days at this time.

Rene Montoya
Customer Service Representative
Edward
mailed off 2-28
got plastic on 6-9
94 days total.geez

HARDWARE
Glock 22 nite sights
springco recoil reducer