Let's hear some updates!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Let's hear some updates!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I get some amount of comfort out of looking at the received dates of completed apps getting closer to my received date. I guesstimate, based on when they cashed my check, my received date to be about 3-15. Theoretically, I have 6 weeks to go. :totap:

BOHagan05-G23
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BOHagan05-G23 »

Application Mailed: 2-26-08
Check Cleared: 3-7-08
As of today: NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

This Wednesday will be 60 + days and I havent received a single thing! No PIN number, no letter saying sorry we hate you and you arent getting a CHL, no communication whatsoever. I emailed them and I get the generic "Your application is likely in the process of being entered into our system BLAH BLAH!!!!
This is getting ridiculous. I tried to get an explanation of why it is taking so long and no one can tell me. I just want my $140 back at this point.

ryoung
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ryoung »

CindiSu wrote:Happy early birthday! Maybe the DPS Gods will look kindly upon you and bestow an eagerly anticipated present to you.
Thanks CindiSu.

It would be fun to walk Wally World on my birthday, buy some ammo, and then go to the range.
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

ryoung

Post by ryoung »

BOHagan05-G23 wrote:Application Mailed: 2-26-08
Check Cleared: 3-7-08
As of today: NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

This Wednesday will be 60 + days and I havent received a single thing! No PIN number, no letter saying sorry we hate you and you arent getting a CHL, no communication whatsoever. I emailed them and I get the generic "Your application is likely in the process of being entered into our system BLAH BLAH!!!!
This is getting ridiculous. I tried to get an explanation of why it is taking so long and no one can tell me. I just want my $140 back at this point.
I wish I had some encouraging words for you. Not having a pin does have one advantage. It prevents you from slavishly checking the DPS website every day, occasionally two or three times, like some of us. I take it you did get delivery confimation on your application?

RY
Last edited by ryoung on Mon May 05, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

ryoung

Post by ryoung »

testersbc wrote:new and improved update!!! guess what came in the mail today??? picture is even more dorky on the plastic than it was when the guy took it. BUT IT IS HERE AND I AM OUTTA THIS ROOM!!!!! timeline from the day i took class 2-2-08 to today 5-2-08---91 calendar days!!!! guess i have to plan my wally walk now!!!! :fire :fire :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: :txflag: GOD BLESS TEXAS!!! YAHOO!!!!! :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Congrats. 91 days, huh? Tell me, Was it worth the wait?

RY

RY

txtfp
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txtfp »

Logged in this morning, and my application is complete! Only 89 days :banghead:
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

ProudNativeTexican

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

51 business days from TXPS recieving my app. to Application Completed - license issued or certificate active. So I figure I will have plastic in a few days and might be doing Wally Walk this weekend.
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

getusumtx
Posts in topic: 5

Post by getusumtx »

I logged in this morning......I have been promoted everyone......Processing application......3 more months to go.Its sad when the little changes make you so excited!.......Yippee! :hurry:
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

plantop14
Posts in topic: 1

Post by plantop14 »

26 Apr - Class Completed
28 Apr - Mailed To DPS
30 Apr - App. Rec'd at DPS
Waiting on PIN

baylor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baylor »

I have only heard crickets chirping since March 19th. I mean I don't want to brag or anything, but my record is sterling, dull, and uninteresting. Basically you would think a slam-dunk. I have also only lived in Texas for the last 30 years. If there is something wrong with the application I doubt I will have the willpower to send in any corrections.

Anyway, my status is no status.
Paperwork arrived DPS 03/21
<crickets></crickets>

dukesean
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dukesean »

txtfp wrote:Logged in this morning, and my application is complete! Only 89 days :banghead:
you beat me! congrats, I am still stuck in this purgatory...I'm getting really annoyed :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Ultamatule

Post by Ultamatule »

Holy Cow. I called CHL today and after 129 days...License is in mail !!! Though website still says "Processing Application".

129 days. The only thing I had missed on original application was one signature on back of one of the photos. CHL folks have had my completed application for 84 days since I sent in last signed photo in to them.

So for those of you sending in their packets... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING COMPLETE before you mail it in. I get the sense that the CHL people act as though you are an inconvenience to them if they have to mess with your incomplete application and they will make you wait. That is there excuse to sit on it longer as well. :fire :fire :fire

txtfp
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txtfp »

dukesean wrote:
you beat me! congrats, I am still stuck in this purgatory...I'm getting really annoyed :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thanks man. Call or send them an email. I was pretty ticked off yesterday when I emailed them and did not get a response. Now I know why.
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

KaiserB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KaiserB »

melkor41 wrote:give them a call and ask... simone told me 4 to 6 weeks, 43 days is 6 weeks +1d they have no excuse ;-)

When I emailed around 4/23 to ask status ... they now are saying 6-8 weeks before entry into system from received packet.

6 weeks +1 day does not equal no excuse... it equals "change the deadline"

dukesean
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dukesean »

txtfp wrote:
dukesean wrote:
Thanks man. Call or send them an email. I was pretty ticked off yesterday when I emailed them and did not get a response. Now I know why.
Actually, I called them last Wednesday, got through to Simone, who told me that actually my appliation was approved and completed, and that they would be sending it out early this week. As of now still "processing application." I feel that I just got the runaround to get me out of their hairs. So then I wrote a few letters to my state rep/senator and governer to let them know they need to address this problem whether it is understaffing, underfinanced, whatever. I know Chas has been working on this problem, but extra letters can't hurt.

Anyways, I can't blame anyone who wouldn't want to get their CHL because of the trouble involved. Classes, fees, and waiting for 3+ months, then having to renew and do the whole process again every few years, what a pain :grumble
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”