Big Town

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
melkor41
Posts in topic: 2

Big Town

Post by melkor41 »

So whos goin this weekend? What are you looking to score? Taking anything to unload?

I am, I am looking for a barrel for my evil black gun and a 9mm carbine die set. I have unloaded everything I care to thin out of the collection already.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

iwannasee
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Big Town

Post by iwannasee »

I plan on being there. My uncle has lost some of his sight due to diabetes and used to be an avid target shooter years ago. He has a few pistols and a rifle or two but hasn't been to the range in years. I was @ his house yesterday and he was showing me his pistols and I still had my range bag with me from my trip to relieve some stress and showed him my S&W 22a .22 cal pistol w/ red dot sites and let him look through it. He lit up and got all excited and now wants a pistol w/ red dot or laser setup to go out and target shoot with!! He asked me when next gun show was, and I said, Sat and Sun @ BIGTOWN! He is picking me up around 9 am Sat to look and possibly buy something that he can target shoot with. He already has a couple of browning .22 pistols and may just get a mount and red dot. But I think he really wants to put something on his .357 for more BANG. Any suggestions would be appreciated cause I can always use another RANGE PARTNER.

btw, He is also talking about wanting to buy a Gold Cup because that is the gun he always wanted.
Aug 30 - Took class
Sept 2 - Mailed application
Sept 4 - Application received
Sept 12- Check cleared
Sept 20- Pin received....
Sept 26- Resend fingerprint card w/signatures...Clock reset
Nov 12- Application Completed -License Issued or Certificate Active
Nov 17- Plastic in hand!!

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

Shouldn't he shoot yours before he buys one?
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Topic author
melkor41
Posts in topic: 2

Post by melkor41 »

Only saw two barrels, one had a welded flash hider, the other one was used and did not have the matching bolt.

I ended up with a YHM 4 rail free float, some cleaning supplies, a really heavy nice armors wrench, a YHM phantom flashhider/comp and a midwest industries picatinny rail sling stud.

I also got around after the show to building my new gun work bench right after the show.... 8 foot x 3 foot of fun!
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

drw

Post by drw »

I ended up going to the show yesterday and bought a very nice Mosin-Nagant for $100. Also a couple more SKS rifles (one Chinese and one Yugo) that have been on my "too get" list, and lastly the wife bought a real neat 1944 32acp handgun (can't remember exactly what kind it is) which should be a lot of fun to shoot.

Also stocked up on ammo (had to get the vendor to dolly it all out to the car!)

Almost all the vendors at the gun shows in Texas are super nice and very kind to our children. I always appreciate that.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”