Let's hear some updates!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

getusumtx
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Let's hear some updates!

Post by getusumtx »

Howdy everyone..I mailed my application to DPS April 18,2008.So I think i will pull up a chair and crack open a beer and wait with yall. I am hoping that sense im 24 and my background consists of being in the Army those years with a Security clearnce that the BC will go quickly..but thats probbly just me dreaming...
Proud College Student/VP of the College Republicans/Iraq war Veteran

LarryH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LarryH »

getusumtx wrote:I am hoping that sense im 24 and my background consists of being in the Army those years with a Security clearnce that the BC will go quickly..but thats probbly just me dreaming...
Yep. Welcome, dreamer. I've had a clearance for the last thirty years, working at the same location for all those years. A clearance might help with the FBI background check, but not with the DPS check in your county (or counties) of residence/employment.

slipstrm
Posts in topic: 2

Post by slipstrm »

Completed class Feb 2
Delivered to DPS Feb 4
Changed to Processing Application Mar 6
April 21 APP HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND A CERTIFICATE HAS BEEN ISSUED.
April 24 plastic is in the mail! :anamatedbanana
Last edited by slipstrm on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryoung
Posts in topic: 9

Post by ryoung »

Hi y'all

I'm new to the Forum.

As for me I...

Applied online...Late February ??? :headscratch
Received application and PIN from DPS...March 7 :rules:
Completed CHL Course...March 8 :fire
Mailed application to DPS...March 28
Status change to processing application...within the last two weeks :confused5...around April 9
Still :waiting:

I suppose no news is good news at the point in waiting game.
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

RY

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

I posted this in another thread,but maybe the answer will come faster in here..We are all seeing outragous wait times,but my question is are we counting weekends/holidays in that? I am hoping for my sake we are....I dont know if I can wait 80+ days...I already check the status everyday......

ProudNativeTexican
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

I was told when I took my CHL course that there is a waiting period of 60 business day before you will get your plastic. So that is 12 weeks so there is no reason to get in a hurry. I mailed mine on Feb 22 and I finally got my pin number last Thursday.
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

ProudNativeTexican wrote:waiting period of 60 business day .
I think my heart just sank......

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kd5zex »

I believe when "business days" are not specified it means calendar days and the laws do not mention business days to my knowledge. But, there are several late January / early February applicants who have received their plastic in the past few days so the math may work out to 60 business days. Nevertheless, 60 business days is probably a realistic time frame.
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Cuda
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Cuda »

getusumtx wrote:Howdy everyone..I mailed my application to DPS April 18,2008.So I think i will pull up a chair and crack open a beer and wait with yall. I am hoping that sense im 24 and my background consists of being in the Army those years with a Security clearnce that the BC will go quickly..but thats probbly just me dreaming...

Had a top secret security clearance too. Ex Ranger. don't think it helps. In fact I heard it may actually prolong the wait. We will find out I'm only on day 71. Never got my pin by mail had to email for it. Oh well it will be here just in Time for Hillarious or Obama to take them away I guess.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper

kestrel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kestrel »

OK. 21APR and now I see that online it is "Processing Application."

Stupid me: I mailed my military orders and ID via "Certified Mail." I inquired at the P.O. and they said that certified mail is held at the P.O. until someone comes to sign for it and pick it up. I thought, "Well #$ll's bells, they sure aren't going to do THAT!" ...so I sent the same credentials (orders, ID) via regular post and the online status changed in a few days.

To recap, here's my timeline:
10JAN2008 completed online app
18JAN2008 completed course
20JAN2008 mailed paperwork to DPS
21JAN - 02APR status online as "packet sent to applicant"
07APR received letter stating that the "special condition" I applied under (military) necessitated documentation that I did not provide. I do not remember seeing ANYthing about providing military documentation, however I may have overlooked that...still checking, but anyway... Letter stated that a current military ID and a copy of my 2008 orders was needed.
08APR I complied and sent a certified letter with copies of both my ID (front and back) and my current orders.
10APR status online as "incomplete documentation - detailed letter sent to applicant"
15APR freaked out at what "certified letter" really means; sent regular post with credentials to Austin
21APR checked online; status "Processing Application"

...and now I'm looking for some new bore brushes, CLP, wipes...Good to see some nice folks here

getusumtx

Post by getusumtx »

hmm....I applied under the law that says if you are honorably discharged from the service and apply within 365 days state fee's are waived. They didnt tell me to send any thing to prove that ethere. I mailed a copy of my DD-214,hopefully thats good enough... :patriot:

zx9rt1

Post by zx9rt1 »

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

For assistance in completing the information required, please contact DPS at 1-800-224-5744 or email at chl@txdps.state.tx.us
For technical assistance please call 1-877-452-9060

Holly cow! Looks like I'm good to go!!!!!!!!!!! Will let you know when I have it hand. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Michael

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 25

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

ryoung wrote:Hi y'all

I'm new to the Forum.

As for me I...

Applied online...Late February ??? :headscratch
Received application and PIN from DPS...March 7 :rules:
Completed CHL Course...March 8 :fire
Mailed application to DPS...March 28
Status change to processing application...within the last two weeks :confused5...around April 9
Still :waiting:

I suppose no news is good news at the point in waiting game.
Did you show your dates accurately? Please don't think I am challenging you. I am actually looking at the period from where you mailed the application to the point they started processing your application. Holy cow...it was only 11 days!!! They cashed my check on March 20th and I don't even have a pin yet. How is that happening? If your dates are correct, they are obviously not working the applications in the order they are being received. :totap:

Lobo73
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lobo73 »

zx9rt1 wrote:Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
Michael
Congratulations, Michael! Both of us know what a grueling process this wait can be. The 3 days till plastic is a piece of cake. Enjoy the wally walk!
Before God I swear this creed: my pistol and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

grapeno1
Posts in topic: 14

Post by grapeno1 »

Moved to Processing Application today. That is movement.

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

Grapeno1
02 Mar: Applied online
10 Mar: Recieved packet/Pin Number
24 Mar: Hand Delivered packet
22 Apr to Present: "Processing Application"
31 May: "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"
04 June: Plastic in Hand.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”