60 Days from WHEN? 90 Days or WHAT?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
iahkaferoaster
Posts in topic: 2

60 Days from WHEN? 90 Days or WHAT?

Post by iahkaferoaster »

The DPS got my application 2/12 (60 days ago), and I have had my PIN 32 days (3/10). I have read a few different time frame scenerio's. Just when does the timer start? How long from what moment does the timer start. I am getting bummed at the wait. :waiting:

testersbc
Posts in topic: 1

!

Post by testersbc »

think they work on the working day principle. plus being the state there are all sorts of days off!

boomerang

Re: 60 Days from WHEN? 90 Days or WHAT?

Post by boomerang »

There's no penalty for being late so the time limit is just a suggestion.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Armed-Texan

Post by Armed-Texan »

there is no time frame, in fact there is no time..time is a figment of our collective imaginations.....

they have had mine since feb 5, so join the club...

Plato

Post by Plato »

Well you can add me the the list of long waiters here -sounds like a restuarant crew :lol:

I got my license back in 96, so this is my 3rd renewal -but its going much slower than any other :totap:

Paid online, so I got my PIN early on.

Mailed competed renewal packet 2/19
Processing application status since 2/28...

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

According to GC §411.176 and GC §411.177, within 30 days of receiving the application, DPS is supposed to send your paperwork to a "designee" in the counties where you have lived and worked in the last five years for background checks. They then have 60 days to complete the background check and make a decision.

At that point, if DPS has not made a decision, this clause comes into play:
(c) Failure of the department to issue or deny a license for a period of more than 30 days after the department is required to act under Subsection (b) constitutes denial.
That's 120 days from receipt of the application.

Then, you can request an appeal under GC §411.180. I've never heard of anyone actually doing this.

So the bottom line is that there is no recourse that would not cost a bunch of money.

It's possible that calling your state representative or senator could break things loose. I also have not heard of anyone doing that.

- Jim

camjr

Post by camjr »

DPS received my application for a new license on 1/28/08
PIN received 3/28/08 (roughly 60 days post receipt)
As of 4/12/08 -- Still "Processing Application"

I called yesterday and spoke with a representative. His review showed that it appeared everything was complete, and wasn't sure what the holdup was at this point. He said he would ask someone to look into it.

I figure I'll look again on the website early next week to see if the status has changed. April 28 will be roughly 90 days.

Topic author
iahkaferoaster

Post by iahkaferoaster »

Well, I see from the posts that the DPS has 30 days to assign an agent, and another 60 days to process it. Add another 30 days if no visible action on their part. This makes 120 days. After that your out of luck. I am 61 days from their getting the application. The assigned me a PIN after 27 days, which is within the initial "30 day" period. It has been 33 days from getting the PIN. Based on the above posts, even if all is going smoothly (tongue in cheek for Austin), I still have up to 27 days in the waiting room before I enter the last and final 90-120 days. Happy happy joy joy. Ren, Stimpy wants to know what do I do now?

camjr

Post by camjr »

camjr wrote:DPS received my application for a new license on 1/28/08
PIN received 3/28/08 (roughly 60 days post receipt)
As of 4/12/08 -- Still "Processing Application"

I called yesterday and spoke with a representative. His review showed that it appeared everything was complete, and wasn't sure what the holdup was at this point. He said he would ask someone to look into it.

I figure I'll look again on the website early next week to see if the status has changed. April 28 will be roughly 90 days.
Well, it finally moved. The online site now indicates: "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active".

The wait is nearly over...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”