72 Days

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Lochinvar
Posts in topic: 2

72 Days

Post by Lochinvar »

My nachos at Wally World are getting cold.

Called the State. The guy said everything was in order and they were just waiting on the background check.

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 72 Days

Post by nedmoore »

Today is day 76 for me, state told me the same that they told you.

Ultamatule

Post by Ultamatule »

I am 102 days if my math is correct. All paperwork was correct when mailed in.

I have called two times in 4 weeks. They say everything is done just waiting on license to print....?!

Last time I called I spoke with a gal. Had a three minute conversation with her and she said they could get more done and faster if people would stop calling so much to check their status. Said they have same people call three, four, even five times a day and they actually start remembering people who call in. I explained that it is hard to understand the process if you are an outsider waiting on their license. And when people are waiting for their licenses and it takes some people 30 days and others over a 100 it just makes no sense. And that the website offers no information on the process as well. Thus the reason for all the calls. I explained it is hard to justify it taking so long. Other than the process on the State's side is unorganized and understaffed. I also explained that if the website was more organized as far as updating processing times and really being current with the application process then they would get less calls. I mentioned they are the employees and they have the ability to make it better and more organized on their end. As long as they speak up and make it happen.

But she did mention they are getting ready to overhaul the entire process to make it faster.

So who knows.

melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

It sounds like they dont have a call center so to speak. It sounds like its 4 people sitting in a corner or a cube farm somewhere processing applications and answering the phone as it rings. the state could pay a few people just to answer those status calls and free up the application processors and fix the overall sitation (more time off phones for processors = more applications processed = less calls wondering where their plastic is)
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Post by 5111 »

64 days for the wife, but it took 50ish just to get it entered into the computer.

AEA

Post by AEA »

5111 - Glad to hear she got it......now you got some backup!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

Ultamatule wrote: But she did mention they are getting ready to overhaul the entire process to make it faster.
Great, now all the folks who were in the "Processing Application" phase will be the guinea pigs in the overhauled process. Wonder how many applications will be outright lost. I suppose I shouldn't be such a pessimist, I am only on day ~30 and already "Processing Application".
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Day 58 for me, and still processing. I did call them last week, and got the same answer you did. She didnt say anything about overhauling the system though. It sounds like govt speak for 'expect delays while system is being overhauled' to me. :waiting:
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 7

Post by lunchbox »

im at 45 days now and i have not gotton a pin yet and im not sure who to call about that what is the number and what do i ask for
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Topic author
Lochinvar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lochinvar »

It took me like 50 days to get my PIN. I was waiting for it to come in the mail the whole time and after 50 days I finally decided to send an e-mail requesting it.

Hilarity ensued!

Okay, I overstate.

I got an e-mail the very next day telling me my PIN and when I went home that night the letter from the state with my PIN had arrived that same day.

Now that is service!

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

Lochinvar wrote:It took me like 50 days to get my PIN. I was waiting for it to come in the mail the whole time and after 50 days I finally decided to send an e-mail requesting it.

Hilarity ensued!

Okay, I overstate.

I got an e-mail the very next day telling me my PIN and when I went home that night the letter from the state with my PIN had arrived that same day.

Now that is service!
who can i email about it
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

testersbc

Post by testersbc »

lunchbox i wouldn't be in a hurry to get it. i was and now i check it everyday, several times a day and get disappointed everytime.. if it ever changes i will probably keel over with a heart attack.

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

:smilelol5:

yeah but i cant even know whats going on i only know they got the papers the 26th of feb. cuz i sent it certified mail
but oh well i realy want my plastic

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

testersbc wrote:lunchbox i wouldn't be in a hurry to get it. i was and now i check it everyday, several times a day and get disappointed everytime.. if it ever changes i will probably keel over with a heart attack.
Since I rarely ever shut my computer down, I just the web browser open to my status page. That way I only had to press F5 to refresh the page several dozen times a day.
NRA lifetime member

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

KC5AV wrote:
testersbc wrote:lunchbox i wouldn't be in a hurry to get it. i was and now i check it everyday, several times a day and get disappointed everytime.. if it ever changes i will probably keel over with a heart attack.
Since I rarely ever shut my computer down, I just the web browser open to my status page. That way I only had to press F5 to refresh the page several dozen times a day.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”