ar15 lowers in Dallas

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

age_ranger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ar15 lowers in Dallas

Post by age_ranger »

Wait.........who is it that works out of the Colony area? ScubaSigGuy knows who I'm talking about. Maybe he will chime in.........I've heard good things about their transfers and prices on lowers.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

You are talking about our member TC-TX at http://www.TexasArmament.com. Paul is a great guy.

Here is a link to the topic for his transfers http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... &sk=t&sd=a
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 4

Post by propellerhead »

melkor41 wrote:
propellerhead wrote:
grim-bob wrote:Careful taking their page price at face value. Those prices are usually online only. Walk in the store and the price typically goes up.
Their website listed stripped lower receivers for $109.95. I walked in today and paid that plus tax for a total of $119.02. :headscratch
109.95 * 1.0825 = 119.020875

If I dont see what I want at the DMH show on the 12th I will go the route you did.
I'm sure I did the math right. I was wondering about grim-bob's statement.

grim-bob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by grim-bob »

propellerhead wrote:I'm sure I did the math right. I was wondering about grim-bob's statement.
That's a good deal then. I can say that the pricing on the site being the same in store is not typical. And to that end if you ask for the website pricing it won't usually be honored in the shop. Obviously this may not apply to every piece they sell but in general I've found it to be the case with firearms in particular. Up until a few weeks ago they had a separate website for instore vs web and at current still have the following prominently at the top of the main webpage:

NOTICE: All prices and products listed on this site are for Dealers/Mail-order ONLY
If you are a local retail customer, please call and state that you are a
retail customer requesting pricing information on particular items.

I'm not complaining about their policy, just advising on my experience. I still think that usually the in-store price even marked up is OK. If you add what it would cost to ship and transfer a gun it runs about the same many times. I would bet the dual pricing causes them more grief then it helps, but that's only my speculation.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 4

Post by propellerhead »

Got'cha.

Hours after I bought my CMMG lower, my buddy went over there and bought their last one. :)

Topic author
melkor41
Posts in topic: 8

Post by melkor41 »

Keith B wrote:You are talking about our member TC-TX at http://www.TexasArmament.com. Paul is a great guy.

Here is a link to the topic for his transfers http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... &sk=t&sd=a
Excellent info, just sent him a PM. That it near where I work.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

XDguy

Post by XDguy »

Military Gun Supply in East ft Worth has DPMS for $109.95 on their website.
Took me a while to find one in the metroplex, but I picked mine up there last week. East loop 820 just south of hwy. 30.

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

Lone Star Wholesale will be at Market Hal this weekend selling striped DPMS lowers for $109 out the door I would bet, especially if you have cash.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

Mike from Texas wrote:Lone Star Wholesale will be at Market Hal this weekend selling striped DPMS lowers for $109
Cool - always wanted one with stripes! "rlol"
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

ColdWarShooters out of Houston has a great selection if you don't mind shipping. I got a Mega lower w/ matching charging handle from them last year, good people to work with.

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

I emailed lonestarwholesale and they will not have any CMMG stripped at the show, only complete. I did not ask about DPMS. If I dont see a CMMG out there I am going to grab a DPMS from him out there.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

melkor41 wrote:I emailed lonestarwholesale and they will not have any CMMG stripped at the show, only complete. I did not ask about DPMS. If I dont see a CMMG out there I am going to grab a DPMS from him out there.
Just curious why you are set on a CMMG lower? Any of the name brand lowers will be of good quality.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

I am not stuck on it, it was reccomended to me by several people. Like I said, if i dont spot a CMMG when I make my first round im going to grab a DPMS.

A DPMS carbine was what I was going to buy before I found out about building them.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”