Traffic Stop Backup

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

QuackAddict
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Traffic Stop Backup

Post by QuackAddict »

My thoughts on this are as follows:
Althought YOU know your intent is legitimate in assisting the officer in distress, he/she at the time (understandably) may view you as an additional threat, especially if you approach the situation from behind, or the officer doesn't see you approaching. I'd think that getting shot,tasered or pepper-sprayed by the officer would be a posibility. The liklihood of this would potentially increase as other responding officers arrived on scene and were unable to quickly determine of you were friend or foe.

Just my $0.02, might be less tomorrow when adjusted for inflation.
If you know how to shoot, and are quite ready to shoot, the chances are that you won't have to shoot." -- Blackjack Pershing

Topic author
Wildscar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wildscar »

Here is the senario. Imagine if you would travling down the road and look over and see this.

Would you stop and help? I would!
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Wildscar wrote:Here is the senario. Imagine if you would travling down the road and look over and see this.

Would you stop and help? I would!
Yep! Just like the guy running toward him on the left side of the video.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

austin

Post by austin »

I've chased down and knocked down a fleeing felon with my truck after he broke loose from the officers.The Dallas PD were grateful.

If an officer is being pounded on the side of the road, I'm there.

If its a gunfight, then if the officers are losing the fight AND I was not with my family, then I'd assist with my rifle. Otherwise I'd watch and wait. If I am with my family, we are headed the otherway.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”