Delivery Confirmation or Return Recipt Requested

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
barres
Posts in topic: 3

Delivery Confirmation or Return Recipt Requested

Post by barres »

I should have my TR100 in my hands tomorrow evening, which will complete my application packet. I will mail the packet off to Austin on Saturday, if nothing happens to prevent it.

My question to all of you is: should I just get delivery confirmation (date and time of delivery only) or should I request a return receipt (signature of the person receiving)? With all of the stories I am hearing about wait time of 80+ days, and some stories of DPS claiming not to have received a packet for months, I am leaning towards the return receipt. At least that way I can tell them a specific person that received the packet, if they claim not to have gotten it.

Am I paranoid? Maybe. :twisted: But I can live with that.

Piney
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Piney »

Get a signed return reciept.

aggie dad

Post by aggie dad »

I got a return receipt and still ended up in the 85 day club, nevertheless, I would recommend doing this for your own peace of mind.

OverEasy

Post by OverEasy »

FWIW: I used the 50 cent "Delivery Confirmation Receipt" on my renewal packet, because it was cheap and I could check online myself.

Well, it never showed being delivered. I went to the the P.O. and the Postmistress tracked it herself. Never showed being delivered. She had no idea what happened etc.

What was the P.O. going to do about it ?? NOTHING!

You get what you pay for. If it works, you have a record that the P.O. delivered your stuff, not a record that anybody received it.

If it doesn't work, ie. the postal employee didn't input it or scan it or whatever, then you have nothing. And the P.O. doesn't know what happened or where it is.

I emailed DPS in Austin and they answered that they had received my packet.

I could never understand why it is the postal employees that "Go Postal" I would think it would be the customers!

Good luck, OE
NRA
TSRA
JPFO
American Legion
USN (69-77)
What did you expect?

Show Killer

Post by Show Killer »

Piney wrote:Get a signed return reciept.
+1

Crossfire

Re: Delivery Confirmation or Return Recipt Requested

Post by Crossfire »

barres wrote:should I just get delivery confirmation (date and time of delivery only) or should I request a return receipt (signature of the person receiving)?
I tell all my students that they just put 10 hours of their lives and $140 in that envelope. Make the DPS sign for it!

That is, unless your time and money aren't worth the extra $2 to you.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Good finish line. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Delivery Confirmation or Return Recipt Requested

Post by Kalrog »

llwatson wrote:
barres wrote:That is, unless your time and money aren't worth the extra $2 to you.
I hand deliverd mine. Spent that $2 in gas easy.

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

I don't live close enough to Austin to hand deliver, or I definitely would. I did a little looking on USPS's website, and a Return Receipt only cost $1.35, if you get said receipt by e-mail. Cheap enough insurance!

Tomorrow everything gets sent to Austin! Let the countdown begin! (I know I can't really start the countdown until they get the packet, but let me be excited for a little while. I may need it to counter the frustration if they take longer than 60 days ;-) )

Thank you guys for all of your comments on this topic and the many others here. You are a wealth of knowledge and helpful advice!

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalrog »

barres wrote:I don't live close enough to Austin to hand deliver, or I definitely would.
Actually, I am not so sure that doing a hand delivery is a good idea. I am the only one that I know of who has done the hand delivery thing, and I am also the one with the longest wait time from around here at nearly 120 days.

Can anyone contradict either of those facts? Please?

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

Monday, March 13, 2006 was a great day! Joe L. Rodriguez signed for delivery of my CHL application packet, and my son Joshua was born! :grin:

Now I just have to wait for my PIN, so I can check the status of my application daily. :roll:

aerod1

Post by aerod1 »

I have always sent mine, return reciept.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
Texas CHL, C&R 03 FFL
US Navy veteran, USS Midway (V-1 division)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”