Moved Due To Criminal Element - Anyone Else?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Moved Due To Criminal Element - Anyone Else?

Post by KD5NRH »

45 4 life wrote:The night after we had unloaded the truck and placed everything into the house someone broke in. Went through every box in the place has we had not even started unpacking yet.
And that is precisely why everyone should pick up a big box of rabid porcupines for moving.

locknload
Posts in topic: 1

Post by locknload »

We had a lovely home in Deer Park, right next to the college. Next door was an anal aperture, who vandalized our property, and the morning air was often thick with chemicals from the local plants. So, we moved to League City about 10 years ago. What a breath of fresh air! Then, the developers started buying off the City Council, and the illegals moved in. A beautiful, safe, sleepy, well run little town became a Sanctuary City and haven for criminals almost over night. Now, we have a corrupt Mayor, the Developers buy off the City Council, and there is a bicycle rack and Port-A-Potty NEXT TO THE POLICE STATION to make it convenient for the developers to pick up their illegal workers! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

In their country, this tells the illegals that the government is protecting them, so they can do whatever they want and get away with it ... and they do! The local Police list all Hispanics as WHITE on the crime statistics sheet! So, crimes by illegals are not recorded as such. They get tickets and don't bother to show up for court. Legal Hispanics, now, are saying that they are illegal, so they, too, can get away with their crimes. If you are illegal, you are not expected to have ID, so legals don't have to produce ID, either.

The lawn men are intimidating homeowners and their neighbors. Lawn men are carrying weapons ... in our neighborhoods. I was attacked by my lawn man in my back yard and by another illegal in the Ladies' Room at the Dollar Cinema. The latest to happen was last Thursday, when one of the illegals, who works for Econocuts, pulled the picket out of my fence, so that he could run his huge riding mower through my next door neighbor's gate, because they had made such deep ruts in the muddy grass that the mower was bottoming out and stalling and making a huge muddy mess of the entrance to their yard. They stole my fence pickets, broke them, and my dog got out!!! :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Well, that would pretty much explain why our Zip Code had the most CHL's granted for last year! :grumble :roll:

The other problem is the salesmen. I've had to chase two off with my gun. Thank God that I didn't have to use it! They won't take NO for an answer, and they force you to show the gun or threaten to call the cops, before they'll leave. I've called the cops, and the lady that answered acted as though I was a nuisance ... so no more calls to the cops. I'll take care of it myself, from now on, as they don't want to hear from us.

I know, personally, of elderly women who have had their doors kicked in and been robbed and raped in our town. There was a woman, who was getting gas and was hauled off into the nearby field by illegals and stripped naked and raped and left there. Illegals have raped a number of children in this town, one was a 3 year old little girl. They pee on the sides of the buildings and poop in our yards. They have left bags of human excrement on the hood of my legal lawn man's truck. Coyotes tried to kidnap my neighbor's Granddaughter to take her to Mexico to work the cocaine fields and plants ... from Wal-Mart on FM 646. Last summer, one was breaking the lock off my gate and peeing in my pond, until I took his picture. I saw three lawn men hitting my neighbor's Pitt Bull on the back with a garden fork, trying to make it hurt them, so they could sue. The dog just wagged her tail and thought they were playing. They laughed their fool heads off.

We're getting out of here, as soon as possible! League City is not a safe place to live!

newbie06

Post by newbie06 »

We live a block away from Fondren South (SW Houston), which never was a great area, but now is a war zone after Katrina. We hear gun shots just about every night. This is the reason why I went and got my CHL. We also got a new dog (a 7 month old Boxer). We would move, but to be honest there is no place to move to. I am a teacher in a smaller school district out in the suburbs/country. Due to the population of kids I tend to work with, I know the police officers in the area pretty well. I can tell you that the crime in the country is just as bad as in the city, if not worse. It just doesn't get reported as often. The fact is that we live in a fallen world. There is no safe place. We have to take care of ourselves and each other.

dustyb

Post by dustyb »

Russell wrote:I work with a lady who lives out some ways away from Huntsville. I forgot the city she told me she lives in, but she lives in a neighborhood where she says, and I am not making this up, that the house behind her cooks Meth so much, that you actually see a fog creeping out of the house and moving across the lawn. She said you can smell it plain as day, but the cops don't do anything. She's called before, but they don't care.

She said she's also had a crack house where they made the stuff burst into flames and burn to the ground. :thumbs2:

They can't afford to move though, so they are pretty much stuck in that hole of a neighborhood. Really sad.
Do you know the county? I live a couple of counties north of Huntsville.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

That's one of the main reasons I'm renting. The way parts of Texas have changed in only 10-15 years makes me think it's too risky to buy a house.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

locknload wrote:I saw three lawn men hitting my neighbor's Pitt Bull on the back with a garden fork, trying to make it hurt them, so they could sue.
Get video and send it to PETA. Let them do something useful for a change.

AEA

Post by AEA »

I too live in the Country near Lake Texoma. You couldn't get me back to the City if you GAVE me a house!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

45 4 life

Post by 45 4 life »

Guy's I am starting to think my neighborhood is not that bad. I am out of the state most of the time and I had no idea things were this bad in parts of Texas. This business in League City is downright disturbing.

I better get my head out of the sand and on a swivel a bit more.
Don't Confuse the Issues With the Facts

dukesean
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dukesean »

wow, after reading all the above posts, I find myself very fortunate to live where I live. The biggest complaints people have in our little townhouse complex is dog poop on front lawns and how trash pickup has changed from 2x a week to 1x a week this month.

That being said, I still prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Some of my friends think me paranoid for keeping a gun next to my bed considering where I live and the average house price in my neighborhood, but I guarantee you my house is the safest unit in the complex, and arguably makes my direct neighbors safer too.
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Familyman1993

Post by Familyman1993 »

There is no doubt that the rise in crime is one reason why my wife and I got our CHL's. Our area has witnessed a dramatic change in demographics. We plan on moving sometime this year or next.
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, 1785 - Letter to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr
Ruger P97 -.45, Ruger P95 - 9mm, Remington 870 - 12GA
TX CHL, NRA, TSRA

charlie

Post by charlie »

Pearland is still a nice place but it is rapidly changing. My neighborhood is closer in to Pearland proper and is not yet affected but some of the western areas are getting worse for crime.

First came the apartment developers. The big landowners, most of whom were established old Pearland families, were able to get city council ( controlled by the older established families) to grant zoning changes to permit multi-family residences. This allowed them to market their land for bigger money to the apartment developers.

Then came the apartments. Then came the Katrina residents and other folk with with the boys with the droopy pants. Over the years I've watched apartment projects destroy Spring Branch, Westbury (little Beruit) and Southwest Houston in general.

I knew what was coming when the Pearland city council sold out their citizens and granted the zone changes. Now at least, the old established families in Pearland are finally losing some control over the counsil as "outsiders" are being elected to counsil.

Next came the new shopping centers on the western side of town at 518 and 288. This is just outside of Pearland and is patrolled by the county sherrif. New resturants, Walmart, Pennys and many other businesses draw in thugs from Houston. The Sherrif's department had to add 2 new patrol cars to the fleet to handle the increase in crime. They spend a lot of time hauling the shoplifeters from the stores to the jail. It's a regular taxi service. More purse snatching and other crime in that area too. Dillards and Macy's are coming soon, so I hope the SO can get a handle on the thugs. I'm just glad that we have CCW.

I'm sure that within 10 years, Pearland will be a cesspool too. I've seen so many good neihborhoods deteriorate because of mass apartment projects. By then I hope to be retired and living somewhere else. I'll stay here as long as it's still good.

kdom

Post by kdom »

locknload wrote: ....League City is not a safe place to live!
Sorry to hear of your problems LocknLoad, but in our section of League CIty I have had no problems at all...granted, we are in a newer development and not in "League City Proper", but our subdivision has had very few issue in the 12 years I've been there, and I consider it one of the safer places I could possible live in the general area.

If you are being intimidated by your or your neighbor's "lawn men", why are you still using them? Did you call the police when you were attacked/intimidated or your property damaged? In my interactions with LCPD they have always been quick to respond and take a no-nonsense approach to things. They would have no problem taking care of the lawn men - after all, if you are sending them payment, then they will know where to look... I too wonder, however, about the day laborers congregating outside CIty Hall each day...

Now, as for the city politics, I whole heartedly agree that the council and mayor are in the developers pockets, but I have a feeling that's the same in any small town that has any growth going on. From what I can see CLear Lake Shores and Kemah have the same issues in that regard.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

locknload wrote:The local Police list all Hispanics as WHITE on the crime statistics sheet!
They are white -- unless they're black, native American, or Asian/Pacific islander.

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.

dukesean
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dukesean »

KBCraig wrote: Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.
What does Latino fall under?
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

dukesean wrote:
KBCraig wrote: Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race.
What does Latino fall under?
Actually, neither one exists. Both are labels made up by people who want to put other people into little boxes.

Back on topic - A long time ago my family moved to escape the criminal element, and to get to better schools. Over the years, as our income increased we moved to "better neighborhoods." One friend who lived in a ritzy neighborhood told me, "the only difference here is that the kids at school can afford better drugs. A sad commentary.
Last edited by WildBill on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”