Post by Lobo73 »

Married 21 years
Six Generation Texan
UT grad
3 children (1 headed for college)
NRA member
High school football nut
Kahrs, CZs, and future acquisitions :drool:
Before God I swear this creed: my pistol and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Blacksmith_45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Blacksmith_45 »

New to this forum.
Just dropped my packet in the mail last week - 2/20/08.
I reload, and have 2 sons who shoot with me at a local indoor range (Bullet Trap in Plano).
Grew up in West Texas hunting crows, rabbits and fence posts.
I am a huge 1911 fan, but am open to about anything that puts lead down a barrel!
I own Glocks, S&W Wheelguns, Springfields and Para's - all in calibers starting with a 4.

Been lurking around this forum for a couple of months and couldn't stand just being an observer anymore!
It looks like good clean fun, with a lot of folks that think the way I do.

These days I'm stuck in an office with a bunch of mis-guided, but good intentioned folk.
This forum has become a refuge!

I am converting the hopolophobics one at a time!

Looking forward to contributing something back to the group here.

Blacksmith_45 :tiphat:

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Thank you for the good clean fun compliment. You are the kind of folk we try to attract.
Glad to have you & welcome aboard.
I am sure you have much to contribute.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

macktruckturner

Post by macktruckturner »

Well I probably could have posted here instead of making a whole new thread, oops!

24yr old Infantry SGT, 3BCT 3ID. Been shootin' most of my life. Carry a P11 or one of my two 1911s.
I am the Infantry, FOLLOW ME!

Blog, photo site, Flickr page

TxCHL holder, NRA Member (EPL program), Combat Veteran (3/3ID, OIF3/OIF5), Constitutionalist

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Well, I should probably post something here, since I just jumped in with both feet elsewhere on this board.

39 years old, married for the last four of those. Nine years in the Army as a truck mechanic, MOS: 63W20H8 and 63S20H8, Seven-and-a-half on Active Duty. Made Sergeant in three-and-a-half.

Currently work on Mercedes-Benzes for a living.

Will be taking the class as soon as other financial emergencies stop cropping up. (Soon!) When I get the plastic, I'll be carrying my Glock 19 in a Comp-Tac Infidel with the shirt tucker strut.
Byron Dickens

killerfly128
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by killerfly128 »

Well i have been a member on here for a while and havent done this yet. So here it goes.

I am 24, I got married in December to a wonderful girl that lets me buy as many guns as we can afford (BONUS!!) I have a 4 month old Yellow Lab named Cooper. I received my first handgun about a year and a half ago and since then i have bought and sold alot of them trying to find the ones i like the best. So far I have cone to the conclusion that a 4" Kimber 1911 and a HK P2000 will never leave my hands along with a few ar-15's. I am a Loss Prevention Professional (I catch shoplifters) for a living. I picked up Loss Prevention from my father and have been learning the Biz for the last 10 years or so. My wife is a 911 dispatcher for the city we live in. I cant spell to save my life (spell check is the most important thing in the world to me) I did a brief stint in the US army as a 14T patriot missile system operator/maintainer and was discharged honorably after 11 months. I took my CHL class las week and will be sending my packet in as soon as i get decent fingerprints (instructor screwed them up pretty good and wouldn't redo them) I am not a native Texan and get reminded of it daily by my wife who is one. I love to ride Sportbikes but i sold my Kawasaki 636 to pay for my wifes ring and some of the wedding. I felt that starting out on the right foot was more important than having a bike.I am also a amateur photographer. I like to shoot frequently (both guns and camera) and love to learn as much as i can.

If there is anything else you might want to know feel free to ask

I also run into deals on EVERYTHING all the time so if you are looking for a good deal on something PM me and ill see if i can find something for you

deal of the day - Factory HK 10 round mag for USPc and P2000 $6.91
9MM
http://www.handgunheaven.com/item/5946_ ... 10Rou.aspx
.357 SIG/.40 S&W (they both share the same mags if i recall correctly)
http://www.handgunheaven.com/item/5948_ ... ig_10.aspx

My Wife and I on our Wedding day

Blinking Dog

Re: Introduce yourself [Hello!]

Post by Blinking Dog »

Hello everyone. I have been lurking around for quite a while and thought I'd go ahead and register and actually participate.

I've had my CHL since 2005
Carry gun is a 1911 .45
Family man, lots of kids, and a Christian (at least, I hope He thinks so)

I look forward to "talking" now rather than just "listening"

Doc K

Post by Doc K »

My first post after lurking for several months on this great website.

I never had any interest in firearms until late last year. I always thought (and still, to some degree) that having the inexperienced, uneducated “average Joe� be able to carry a concealed weapon to be somewhat crazy.
I consider myself an “average Joe�.

I had inherited a Charter Arms Snub-nosed .38 about 10 years ago after my mother passed away. ( She only used it once - against my ex-step-father while he was “lurking� was outside her house [She missed…probably on purpose] ),
Then I inherited a Colt 1911A1 (ca. 1969 ) from a relative who was MP in WWII.
I started shooting those guns in November 2007.
I bought a Springfield XD Tactical 9mm for a Christmas present to me.
I bought a Kahr PM 9 two weeks ago (it was close to my birthday) and I am starting to like it after the break-in period.
I have now logged 2500 rounds at various ranges with all the guns. I have taken threee “rank beginner� tactical classes.
I have now decided to become a bona fide CHL holder in the great state of Texas. :txflag:
I am committed to becoming a life-long student to this noble cause.

My understanding so far…
All I Really Need To Know, I Learned In Kindergarten-for-Firearms:
1. ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
2. NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
--J.C.
Age - 54
Gender - M
Profession/school status - MD
Marital status - M (34 yrs)
Years CHL - minus 2 months
Carry guns/equipment - see above ( The 1911 is the pretty cool, the XD is slick, the Kahr becomes invisible, the snubnose kicks like crazy)

Plato
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Plato »

Been lurking here for a few weeks, just found the site on a google...

Longtime glocktalker.com but always wanted somewhere for more local topics -this looks like a good place for that :clapping:

CHL: Since 96', just did my 3rd renewal :fire
Carry: Started on 1911s, after short stint as deputy transitioned to Glocks :hurry:
Married: Heck NO, don't get me started :grumble
Job: I have one :lol:
Hobbies: Guns, Motorcycles, Computers :woohoo
Shooting Hangouts: Lock & Load (Tyler), Range off 31, Texas Pistol Academy (Whitewright)

My favorite therapy:

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 7

Post by lunchbox »

helllo everyone
im just moving back to texas after being gone a year or so
i have sent off for my CHL and as everyone knows it takes forever
im 21 years of age i have no kids im not married
i am a mechanic by trade but im thinking of getting into law enforcement if anyone has thoughts on that subject i would love to hear them
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Plato

Post by Plato »

lunchbox wrote:...i am a mechanic by trade but im thinking of getting into law enforcement if anyone has thoughts on that subject i would love to hear them
At your age and with no dependants LE should be a pretty easy transition, assuming that is really what you want to do. Lotsa agencies are hurting for new recruits. I put myself through a local academy at age 42, and served for a couple years as a deputy, but at your age you should have no trouble getting hired and then put through an academy by a large department.

Heck you should just go fill out an application with DPS and be done with it :patriot:

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

is there a website to apply with dps
what about hpd or fed type stuff something about making nothing but traffic stops doesnt appeal to me
i realise thats part of it but isnt that all dps does
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Plato

Post by Plato »

lunchbox wrote:is there a website to apply with dps
what about hpd or fed type stuff something about making nothing but traffic stops doesnt appeal to me
Often the bigger the agency (or higher up the food chain -read Fed, State, etc) the more they will want College hours if not a degree. So at 21 I'm not sure what you have there, but often military will subsitute for college. Basically you need to do your research and see what you need and where you think you would enjoy the work. Pretty much anything in a uniform and patrol car is gonna do lotsa traffic stops, stick with it awhile and you can move up to other things.

And to answer your question, in my rural area DPS does lots more than simple traffic stops. They are probably involved in most major drug busts in our county and they obviously work very closely with the local Sheriff's dept's along those lines...

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

Plato wrote:
lunchbox wrote:is there a website to apply with dps
Often the bigger the agency (or higher up the food chain -read Fed, State, etc) the more they will want College hours if not a degree. So at 21 I'm not sure what you have there, but often military will subsitute for college. Basically you need to do your research and see what you need and where you think you would enjoy the work. Pretty much anything in a uniform and patrol car is gonna do lotsa traffic stops, stick with it awhile and you can move up to other things.

And to answer your question, in my rural area DPS does lots more than simple traffic stops. They are probably involved in most major drug busts in our county and they obviously work very closely with the local Sheriff's dept's along those lines...
sweet deal
i have college i went to a tech school for mechanics
i have 97 hours they are acredited but not realy usefull as far as a degree

packinginpost

Post by packinginpost »

Well I am new here. I just finished my chl class this weekend. I sent off my application today. I am 33 and married. I have been married for 12 years. I have 3 wonderful children. I work as a maintenance tech at a BOP Prision.

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I really like tournament bass fishing and hunting. I coach little league baseball and I am also an assistant cub master for the local cub scouts.

I have a glock 22 that I really like. I just purchased a Springfield XD 40 sub compact today. It should be in on Thursday. I can't wait to shoot it.

well that is about it.
3-18-2008 Sent application to TXDPS
BLA
BLA BLA
8-12-08 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
8-13-08 Plastic in Hand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”