Good Snake Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Good Snake Gun

Post by srothstein »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Will the plastic capsule allow it to reliably cycle a semi? I wouldn't think so, but I've never tried. I've only shot them out of .22 and .38 revolvers. If so, I'll get some for one of my 9mm's to have at the pit. That's alot cheaper than my first suggestion to you!
I used to carry a magazine full of shot shells in my briefcase when I was on patrol. Used it several times on calls for snakes in yards or sheds. The .40 caliber made by CCI fed and cycled the Glock reliably.
Steve Rothstein

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Thanks. I'd never tried before. I didn't think about the plastic capsule allowing the gun to cycle. I'll have to try it now.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

QB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by QB »

The Taurus "Judge" shoots 410 bore and 45LC and is suppose to be a great snake gun.......

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

Reloader

Post by Reloader »

Best snake load I ever heard of was in a 1985 (I believe ) Anerican handgunner or Gun's Magazine. The author cut up 3/32nds
inch brazing rods, fitted them into a CCI shot capsule over the recommended powder charge. He tested it on a fryer from the grocery store and it made the quickest chicken salad he had ever seen. I cannot find the article. He said NEVER USE IT ON HUMANS!!! The distance was 7 feet. His pictures showed the chicked minus legs and huge holes in the carcass. :hurry:
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor
Amateur radio Instructor, VE KE5LDO
Tarleton State University '74

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

Reloader, we're old dude. I remember that article. I made a couple with finishing nails as I didn't have any brazing rod. Don't know that I ever shot them. Wonder where they are.
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

tju1973

Post by tju1973 »

I carry this one (on the left)

Super Comanche .45LC/410 single shot--

$135, reliable, easy to pack....

:cool:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”